The online racing simulator
BL GP TRACK everyone drives faster?
hi everyone , im new here so i have a few questions.

On the BL GP TRACK everyone seems to be able to drive faster on the long track. I heard it has something to do with a SETUP, is there a place where i can download or install a good setup?

how can i take a fast start (im always slow ) Maybe because i shift AUTO?

how can i add a colors to my name?

Thanks
#2 - Mr.46
setupgrid.net for setups
altgr for colours
thanks
#4 - Silox
Driving faster can also be because they're in your slipstream. They don't really drive faster then but they have less air resistance.
When taking off from the line don't shift up from Neutral to 1st, Instead, use the clutch.

I found it makes my starts faster when using buttons and mouse.
The speed you reach on the straight very much depends on how fast you exit the chicane. Should be able to go through it full throttle with e.g. XFG. Press 4 to see the racing line
Oh and don't use auto gears. You can learn manual pretty quickly
#8 - dadge
Quote from idiosynthetic :The speed you reach on the straight very much depends on how fast you exit T1.

just fixed that. the chicance is flat out anyways so the corner before that is more important.
using 4 (racing line) is ok for a little while but you really need to get some visual markers from the track and surroundings.
the racing line shown when 4 is pressed is not actually the fastest line. this is only the line that the AI take.
I've just been trying to get my speed down at BL GP in the XFG and the best I can do with setups is 1:35.15

Most of the time is lost on the back straight, over one second according to lap analyser.

I remember at one time there was a way to get a ghost lap working which always helps me out but I think it stopped working in one version or another.
Quote from F2kSel :I've just been trying to get my speed down at BL GP in the XFG and the best I can do with setups is 1:35.15

Most of the time is lost on the back straight, over one second according to lap analyser.

I remember at one time there was a way to get a ghost lap working which always helps me out but I think it stopped working in one version or another.

Don't complain!

My best lap is 1:35:53...
Quote from NunoMike :Don't complain!

My best lap is 1:35:53...

You don't complain too. Mine is 1:37:XX
i got a new pb this weekend. after 6 years and over a thousand laps, i've still improving. maybe this is why the game lasts.
1:33.73 for those interested.
Quote from idiosynthetic :The speed you reach on the straight very much depends on how fast you exit the chicane. Should be able to go through it full throttle with e.g. XFG. Press 4 to see the racing line

This. If you find everyone seems to go much faster than you down straights, even though you are driving the same car it's usually because they took a line throught the corner the meant they were able to exit the corner faster than you, and so they carry those extra few mph right the way down the next straight.

This article explains it (although it's very maths-heavy, you can ignore that as they're just proofs - just read the text): http://phors.locost7.info/phors17.htm

Essentially, you should enter the corner a little wider, a little slower and hit the apex a little later than seems intuitive, this will let you exit the corner in a straighter line and so get the car accelerating earlier. This is especially important for corners preceding long straights (such as the Blackwood chicane)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG