The online racing simulator
Airio PHP stats (WIP)
(12 posts, started )
Airio PHP stats (WIP)
This is probably the best place to put this...

Working on a PHP-based Airio stats website modeled after LFS's favourite four-letter server host...

I know it needs images and some formatting adjustments. C+C are welcome.

Thanks
Tables are sooo two-thousand and one! Lol, that's about it, nice work .
Nice job cant wait to see the finished version.
Quote from Dygear :Tables are sooo two-thousand and one! Lol, that's about it, nice work .

Tables are perfectly valid for display data.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Tables are perfectly valid for display data.

I agree, what should be used instead? Chairs?

Anyway, good idea, keep it up.
Quote from Flame CZE :I agree, what should be used instead? Chairs?

Unordered lists containing li[dl[dt|dd]] constructs for example.
Like TAA says though, tabular data belongs in tables
when I learned HTML, they didn't teach me about the <div> tag, or anything about CSS.

i don't really know php either, but it's functional, so that's a bonus.

i'm hoping to add more top20 style stuff, add the user list to the other page(s), and if the code will allow me, add links to specific user pages.
#8 - Silox
Quote from bunder9999 :when I learned HTML, they didn't teach me about the <div> tag, or anything about CSS.

It's never too late to learn! Besides, CSS and <div>'s make designing sites way easier & quicker!

Apart from the matrix-look, it looks good
Quote from bunder9999 :when I learned HTML, they didn't teach me about the <div> tag, or anything about CSS.

Here ya go then, it's in the style of FOM's colors (most of it. I forgot some of the color's hex values, and is div'ed, span'ed and CSS styled for you. Just plug in the correct data to the correct location. As for where I got the flag images, I'm pretty sure they where from an dev art pack, but I remember their license being free to use.

[edit: The flags came from this site, Free County Flags.]
[edit: You might be better off if you use the style 1 pack, as it might be smaller and faster, I do think style pack 3 (the style I used in the example) fits with the whole them over all tho.]
Attached files
Airio Style.zip - 19.8 KB - 157 views
new features:
  • clickable usernames on the main page
  • top20 charts actually exist (points, safety rating)
  • recent pb's list
to come:
  • clickable track/car combos for a specified top20
as usual, C+C and feature suggestions welcome.

edit: yes, yes, yes, i do plan on eventually changing from hidden tables to div's, just not right now.
Second FOM update. Looks a lot better, and is a lot more modular this time. Also supports browsers who don't support gradients.
Attached files
Airio FOM Style Update 2.zip - 25.9 KB - 153 views
Quote from bunder9999 :n eventually changing from hidden tables to div's, just not right now.

Don't use divs just cause someone says tables are not state of the art.
With divs you will run in much problems when it comes to browser compatibility and it will take a lot more time to sort such things out.

It is better to use a simple layout for development and seperate it from the logics via template engine (e.g. smarty).

So someone else can care for a fancy layout, while you do the vital things.

Airio PHP stats (WIP)
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG