The online racing simulator
"fat" PS3 hardware error?
(47 posts, started )
Hopefully we will get refunded for what we lost...I had a few games that i purchased on PSN....it would suck to have them disapear.
Wow thats weird, im thinking on to get a PS3. Ill better be gettin the slim one
No one REALLY seems to know whats going on, rumours of viruses, and unauthorized access to PSN abound, although this has been affecting offline consoles aswell.

People are saying its a low level hardware issue with the clock generator, and HOPEFULLY will fix itself tonight at midnight, failing that.......
Sounds like a calendar/date bug regarding February 29th. Maybe some components think there should be a Feb 29th this year and others don't, resulting in a complete freakout of the PS3's DRM.
Its like Y2K all over again......
Heh, just thought I'd check if there's anything new in PSN store, guess I'll wait a day or two!
#8 - Migz
Has affected my PS3
Im hoping they get a fix for this because there is NO WAY i want a new PS3.
My PS3 Fat = 4 USB Slots, bunch of card readers, and full backwards compatability with PS1 & PS2 games.
New PS3 Slims = 2 USB Slots, no card readers and not full backwards compatability with PS1 & PS2 games.
Quote from AndroidXP :Sounds like a calendar/date bug regarding February 29th. Maybe some components think there should be a Feb 29th this year and others don't, resulting in a complete freakout of the PS3's DRM.

but leap years occur every 4 years, and 2000 was a leap year, it's not that hard to keep adding 4 to 2000.
good job my crappy ps3 has no connection wireless ftl seems fine anyway no paid content and it is used everyday

looks like the xbox isn't the only ones with problems
Fail.
Quote from bunder9999 :but leap years occur every 4 years, and 2000 was a leap year, it's not that hard to keep adding 4 to 2000.

Except that's not quite the rule:
Quote :
A year will be a leap year if it is divisible by 4 but not by 100. If a year is divisible by 4 and by 100, it is not a leap year unless it is also divisible by 400.

Still simple enough and quite embarrassing to get wrong as programmer, but this whole affair just smells like it has something to do with it, considering the date and it also happening on offline systems.
That's why PC's rule...
Had no such issue with mine.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Had no such issue with mine.

I'm guessing you have Slim? You're fine then...

Seriously people, DO NOT turn it on today, wait till march 2nd, or till Sony says it's safe. Can't believe a calendar programing will cause them to loose milions, now when they started rollin'.. Gonna be seriously pi**ed if this doesn't resolve till i get my BC2.
mine is fine and it is a fat one
Mine's screwed (40gb fat)

I got Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy to play through, I'm okay
Quote from Boris Lozac :Gonna be seriously pi**ed if this doesn't resolve till i get my BC2.

Same here O.O

Anyone know how the 40GB fat consoles are going?
Borked

Mine's a 40gb fat

Just a thought......did they use Toyota parts?
Exactly that

Plus I noticed the system gets faster

I'll move the rug under the table

:hide:
Quote from Boris Lozac :I'm guessing you have Slim? You're fine then...

Seriously people, DO NOT turn it on today, wait till march 2nd, or till Sony says it's safe. Can't believe a calendar programing will cause them to loose milions, now when they started rollin'.. Gonna be seriously pi**ed if this doesn't resolve till i get my BC2.

No, I have a fat one. Probably one of the last production runs. Got it in July of last year.

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG