The online racing simulator

Must be bullshit, thats twice advertised.
Quote from 5haz :

Must be bullshit, thats twice advertised.

Maybe More Generous outside peak times
We payed for 20Mb but never got more then 14-15 so complained to Sky and got some money off package below what we have is 8MB (2Mb, 8Mb, 20Mb)
Perhaps, but BT and generous are words that don't really go together.

Why are most services in this country so embarrasingly slow?

My Mum is paying for twice this speed, and this is the highest I've seen it peak in a while... seems ridiculous that ISPs charge so much for so little, typical Britain me thinks.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :upgraded my line...will post another test once i have my gigabit networkcard ^^ (which actually supports that speed)

wee my card arrived.
/me is happy now.

Quote from [RCG]Boosted :wee my card arrived.
/me is happy now.

nice connection. on this side of the pond you'd have to kill someone to get that kind of download speed.
Quote from bunder9999 :nice connection. on this side of the channel you'd have to kill someone to get that kind of download speed.

^^
Quote from bunder9999 :nice connection. outside Germany you'd have to kill someone to get that kind of download speed.

I receive 5 or 6 Mb of my theorical 20Mb connection
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :wee my card arrived.
/me is happy now.

Crappy upload + server too close. Do test to Malmo kthx..
Quote from Whiskey :I receive 5 or 6 Mb of my theorical 20Mb connection

Don't forget that 20Mbit/s = 2.5MByte/s.
Quote from danthebangerboy :as as far as i know, upload shouldn't be faster than download.

That's completely wrong statement.

They should be same, with upload being slightly faster.
-
(Shadowww) DELETED by Shadowww
Quote from Shadowww :Don't forget that 20Mbit/s = 2.5MByte/s.

Bah, I'll never know if I should meassure it MB or Mb.
The only thing I am sure is I pay for 20 and receive 5. And MegaUpload downloads at 500 kb, which confirm the SpeedTest reults
Quote from Shadowww :Crappy upload + server too close. Do test to Malmo kthx..Don't forget that 20Mbit/s = 2.5MByte/s.

the upload is just fine, just like the isp offered.
since i upload like once in a month i have absolutely no need for more either.

why should i test to another server?
i mainly download from germany, so no reason to test to foreign countrys

Quote :That's completely wrong statement.

They should be same, with upload being slightly faster.

now thats a wrong statement.
depends very much on the country.
in germany u ALWAYS have less upload than download.
most times its a 10/1 ratio, but depending on the isp it can be different (like with mine who offers 2,5mbit up).
Quote from Whiskey :Bah, I'll never know if I should meassure it MB or Mb.
The only thing I am sure is I pay for 20 and receive 5. And MegaUpload downloads at 500 kb, which confirm the SpeedTest reults

IIRC Megaupload limits speeds for non-premium users.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :now thats a wrong statement.
depends very much on the country.
in germany u ALWAYS have less upload than download.
most times its a 10/1 ratio, but depending on the isp it can be different (like with mine who offers 2,5mbit up).

So what if most ISP's offer 10% upload?
It doesn't changes the fact upload should be a bit faster than download.

It is for me, and now I can't imagine how I was not pissed off when I had to wait like 4 hours to video upload on YouTube.

Will do a speedtest when I get home on friday

also, bumps

Certainly not the best one here, but I'm very happy with Blueyonder/Virgin lately. A few issues have cropped up over the past few days after recently upgrading, but all in all, a good provider!

My ping test results. Very happy!

Just switched over to sky broadband today. Screw you BT. So connection is still being configured by sky.

About as good as you can get in New Zealand without paying a shitload per month. Upload is woeful, but that's because our ISPs suck.
Nothing special

Quote from Luke.S :Just switched over to sky broadband today. Screw you BT. So connection is still being configured by sky.

if you're using the same line to connect via SKY, then your speed will not increase and you will still have the same problems if you had any.
the only different thing is the logo on the bill.
An upgrade i got ~week ago, the old one suuuuuucked, this one is niiiiiice

Quote from dadge :if you're using the same line to connect via SKY, then your speed will not increase and you will still have the same problems if you had any.
the only different thing is the logo on the bill.

and the smaller bill.

This time it's closer to the max speed. But but the distance is more like 80-90 miles.
-
solution for internet speed... (Hosana) DELETED by Bob Smith : spam?
I know, it's crap. But hey, that's Croatia.

:/

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG