The online racing simulator
Finding You Speed/Bandwidth Downloading/Uploading Results
Hi,

Ide think it would be interesting to find out for me and others, to compare are internet speed results. As you all probably know, my is rubbish, this would also give us a guidence of what provider to go for and if Wlan or Lan. Also Which would need to be included is your providers name and Bandwith (Up to **Mb). And if your ADSL, Cable, Sat. This Would Give a good Idea for LFS users to see which is the best, for more stable results AND less or no timeouts!

For Example :

Adsl
Up To 16Mb Bandwidth
Lan Cable 10m (Or Wireless Signal Strength)
Downloading Speed : 3036 Kbps
Uploading Speed : 808 Kbps
Aol

The Link To Go Off :

http://www.wugnet.com/myspeed/speedtest.asp
(Remember to Click To Start MySpeed, Which is in the top Left)

Now My Results :

Adsl
Up To 8Mb Bandwidth
Wireless Signal Strength Low>Good
Downloading Speed : 819 Kbps
Uploading Speed : 343 Kbps
Sky Boardband.

Thankyou For your time,

Matthew
No one interested?
#3 - FL!P
Try speedtest.net. It compiles lots of statistics and allows you to compare your connection with averages per region, provider, etc.
#4 - Jakg
Its been less than half an hour, and to compare ISP's on the speeds they claim and the speeds you get is pointless, as it all depends where you live in reference to the exchange.

(7.2 MBIT Up, 448 kbps down)
Ill try that other website then. (Trying to get my dad to change network!)

Matt
The speedtest one is cool because it gives you an image with all the info in it right after you take the test.

Direct link if that doesn't work.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/167374018.png

*edit*
Is there a reason this forum won't allow linking images directly in posts?
I got my new connection last week when i moved in my new house, ive gone from a 16mb bulldog ADSL2+ connection to a 20mbit virgin media connection (cable),
http://www.speedtest.net/result/167379023.png

It also seems pretty stable.

Pretty good for up here in Nova Scotia!!
It went straight to 1Mb/s at the start of the download and stayed there, which makes sense because it's only supposed to be a 10Mb connection.
Just to let some people know, Bandwidth and Speed are NOT the same thing. Though, we use the term Bandwidth to describe speed. It's kind of confusing.
-LoganC-

AOL Silver, Wireless netgear router. Not too shabby.
#10 - FL!P

Boo-yah!

Bloody hell felplacerad
Quote from felplacerad :

Boo-yah!

Hmm, seems your connection is too fast for the server the speedtest is on eh? (I happen to know FEL's connection is 100mb down, 10mb up) :P

I can't seem to get a speedtest in at the moment...combination of parents on BitTorrent and me being on wireless makes the speed stupidly slow for the connection I have
#16 - Jakg
Repost, but still

Crappy School Connection:

Home Connection A While Ago:

Home Connection Now I Overclocked My NIC:

EDIT - Nicked Link From JamesF1
#18 - Jakg
-11 ain't no hax, it means i see what your posting 11 ms BEFORE you post it.

Hey, i know what your about to reply with! :P
Then you should know that you need to correct your...it's you're, buddy

Anyway, did a speedtest here, speed pales in comparison to what the connection actually is. *kicks dad for using BitTorrent 24/7*
http://www.speedtest.net/result/167434293.png
my virginmedia cable

My connection in Istanbul. Turkey has the most expensive internet in the world! Awesome!

Result looks very lame compared to most of you guys. But seems like we've just been given a free upgrade, our connection is running 4X faster than it did last night. I'm well happy.

The Angry Angel- how much you pay for speeds like that??? That's crazy

Not the best DL/UL ratio, but whatever. BTW this is marketed as 7 Mbit by Rogers Cable.

What a crap.
mine is bs too.....AOL sucks balls
less than 50 miles to the server and a ping of 150...thats what really pisses me off.

Maybe this thread can be merged with one of the other 17'000 threads of the same nature?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG