The online racing simulator
Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
How about a clay model?
Quote from Tim_J_23 :That's what I said!
Learn to read!

learn to type! it says toyota starion!
So you like scale models...?
ohh sorry to get back on topic between your bitch fighting.
Sorry for the bump . Anyone made any other progress/discovery on the subject ?
I am actually here because I was thinking today that some scale models would be so cool; and then found that you have already talked about it here
A few months ago I found a little toy car from my little brother's toys that had an LFS logo at the back Don't have a picture of it but I'll try to remember to snap a picture of it.
Scale models are good. A real 1:1 working one would be way better.
With the availability of 3D printers becoming more readily available, I think something like this could be achieved. There's also an XFG papercraft for those with 2D printers.
While that remains an interesting opportunity, the results I have seen from 3D printers are not so convincing.. Casting would definitely have a better result.
I keep asking about this because in the case of finding a viable/doable method, I think(hope) we could convince enough people for an affordable batch to be produced.

PS: Thanks for the paper solution
once i found a website that makes any custom model over 50 orders i think,and one of the mods said he will try to talk to them,but who knows what happened
That could be a good try.
Was it on lfsforum ?
Quote from luchian :results I have seen from 3D printers are not so convincing

Why? Some non astronomically priced printing services are accurate enough that you need a strong magnifier to see the flaws (granularity / deviation from digital model)
While it is true that a 3d printed model could satisfy the basic need , all I have seen on the net doesn't look "natural".
You can still see the "texture", it doesn't give a smooth surface like casting. Let alone the durability/resistance, and the overall finish (in a traditional model you have metal, transparent plastic windows, maybe rubber for tyres, ..).
Haven't seen all this in printed models.. And at the end, why not mention the balance quality/price for a 1:24 or 1:18 scale model.

Example:

LE: except maybe for THIS kind of solution. But this is industrial prototyping.. and I assume so are the prices.
The bigger the model the more chance you would have better detail on the models. I'd be keen on.

I'd be up for buying an XRT if there was a group buy for sure, only if we can choose the liveries
fast calculations
1) model 1:18
- car boundary box dimensions: 5'000 * 2'000 * 1'500 [mm]
- car model boundary box dimensions: 278 * 111 * 83 [mm]
2) printed model (SLA, 0.1mm detail == HQ surface) wall Thickness - 1 mm
3) used material for print: 2.5x area of boundary box = 1'263 cm2 => 316 cm3
4) print cost: 2.78 $/cm3 => 654 EUR + exta costs (shiping, price for 3d mesh detailed model, acount in ponoko, ...)
5) resin used for final vacuum castings ~ used material for print / 2.0 = 158 cm3
6) silicon moulds for 50 pcs (mould lifetime) triple cost of resin for casting => 474 cm3 of resin (summary cost equivalent)
7) cost of casting (without vacuum casting process costs, shoping, ...), 12 EUR/dm3 (poliurethane casting resin cost, RenCast FC 52) => ~6 EUR/model
=> summary costs (+ extra) per 50 cars => 19 EUR

What could change the price:
- cost of detailed 3d model itself - 0-250 EUR
- 3d print: +/- 50% i think
- cost of shiping: ??
- cost of vacuum casting process - 2-5 EUR/car

=> price range for 50 cars (example) => 14-42 EUR/car + shiping costs + licence fee for lfs.

About comercial licence fee - it could be 24 GBP == 28 EUR.
http://www.lfs.net/?page=commercial_use

I thing tha resonable prices could be:
=> 50 cars -> 25 EUR/car + shiping
.........=> 25 EUR for model + 5 EUR for S1 LFS licences for nice racers -> 30 EUR/model + 17 licences.
=> 100 cars -> 15 EUR/car + shiping
.........=> 15 EUR for model + 5 EUR for S1 LFS licences for nice racers -> 20 EUR/model + 35 licences.

Model 1:24 could 50% cheaper in manufacturing.
It's just for info.
That is funny idea, im in.
Of course there should be also colour logo stickers. Car could also be with movable, metal parts (propably 0.5-1 EUR/cm3 of end product). That topic is started in 2008, so if someone is interested in doing it, just post info on forum:
"car model, car size, metal inserts, stickers, extra ideas / wishes " [bold]
for example:
1) XF GTI, 1:43, metal fully & movable, no stickers, gold plated
2) LX6, 1:24, metal inserts, stickers, ready for RC parts

In weekend I will do model and get precise price range.
Sounds lovely, I'd buy it. I luv scale models. And that's a more than fair price!
Wow, that is some cool info Adrian. You are involved directly in doing them or you contact a company that does it ?
Either way, I am very interested, and I am sure I can sell the idea to a few other friends. Could you find some sample photo of a similar product ? Just to have a glimpse of what we can hope for ?

As the examples go.. well I'd want them all . I'll start though with:

1) XRT, 1:24, metal inserts, stickers
1) XRT, 1:24, metal fully & movable, stickers
1) XRT, 1:24, plastic ?
What does mean ready for RC parts ? You mean it would be possible to have a "body" shell for let's say a Tamiya 1:10 TT01 chassis ?

This is only to be able to have an idea about the difference and if it is really significant.
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :A few months ago I found a little toy car from my little brother's toys that had an LFS logo at the back Don't have a picture of it but I'll try to remember to snap a picture of it.

Quite a bump, but here it is:

Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG