The online racing simulator
Just take your hubcaps off and throw them in the bin. Steel wheels always look best/least obvious for the style consious when they aren't a cause for embarrassment.

Quote from TiJay :Another approach is declare the mods but specifically say you don't want them insured.

Most insurance policies don't have scope to do this, wording a clear policy for what is and is not included isn't easy, so most normal policies cover everything, including all modifications so long as they don't invalidate the policy.
on my policy if i quote for a change of wheels it doesnt cost me anything, and considering im 17 and insuring a corsa sport that actually suprised me
#28 - Jakg
Quote from Crashgate3 :Excellent, I'm with Quinn too

Call them up and ask to check, tho.

Also might be worth checking if you have driving other cars on your policy - I do and it's really really handy...
Quote from matijapkc :Come here, in Croatia. Here you pay your insurance by your car strenght (KW). The more KW's, the more the cost.

I thought it was everywhere like that.
(Except that we still use PS/BHP)
Quote from Stefani24 :I thought it was everywhere like that.

The UK insures not only the car but the drivers to drive it. If I have a full license I can't drive my step dad's car because he'd need to name me on the policy specifically.

And the premiums are based on in an outline:

-the area you live in
-not just the power of the car but if its a saloon or a sporty looking vehicle for instance...people carriers are more expensive to insure because they average 7 seats over the usual 5. Insurance group is only a recommended grouping over here, insurers can choose their own.
-modifications to the car (as it links you to a racer stereotype, but also affects the value of the car and repair costs)
-the value of the car and part availability
-what your using the car for and your predicted yearly mileage
-Your age, occupation, sex...even your marital status...infact even if you're a homeowner (yes...its more expensive to insure males)
Quote from Stefani24 :I thought it was everywhere like that.

No, we use KW and not PS, the engine displacement, the exhaust pollution, type of the car and the age of the driver and his insurance level...
Quote from PioneerLv :Oh, shi... UK sucks so hard at this point. It sounds so lame. I hope it will not put up your insurance.

Are you injecting morpheine directly into your eyes to manage to say THAT , while living in the third world whore of a country, and saying "UK sucks?"
Quote from Jakg :Call them up and ask to check, tho.

Also might be worth checking if you have driving other cars on your policy - I do and it's really really handy...

I have read on another forum today that Quinn are no longer offering DOC cover. I assume this is for renewals and that existing policies are unaffected...might be worth checking though.
wtf is changing wheels have to do with insurance? O.o
#35 - Jakg
Quote from Bean0 :I have read on another forum today that Quinn are no longer offering DOC cover. I assume this is for renewals and that existing policies are unaffected...might be worth checking though.

Ouch :/ That would suck a lot.

My policy still has it (or at least I have no new policy docs so they can't of changed it) after being renewed last August.
Quote from squidhead :Are you injecting morpheine directly into your eyes to manage to say THAT, while living in the third world whore of a country, and saying "UK sucks?"

Read please one more time: ''UK sucks so hard at this point.''

I think it's easy to understand that. And, oh, actually I would not to say bad things about my country, except things about government and so on, I love it.
Quote from ColeusRattus :No, we use KW and not PS, the engine displacement, the exhaust pollution, type of the car and the age of the driver and his insurance level...

Hmmkay.

But in nobody's talking in KW in everyday talking
#38 - Jakg
Because I call Quinn all the time (I have no life, you see), to contact them:

Call - 0845 850 0845 then wait about 3 seconds, then press 9, then 3, then 1. If you have car insurance and live in the UK it puts you straight through to an operator.

Then they'll ask you your policy number, name, address, birthday, land line number, blood type and the date and time of your last bowel movement.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG