The online racing simulator
3D Render Scenes for Tracks?
(37 posts, started )
Quote from Ian.H :...I draw the layout in Illustrator and then import than into 3DS as a spline and create a mesh from it. Drop it below 0, freeze it and I have something to follow with my track bits..........but to make it look nice with textures and decent scenery is a real time consuming process....

Have you try the new modifier 'Sweep' in max? It is a handy new tool which can build surface from any spline shape very simple. You draw out a path, you can even have another path come out of it (like a juction) then apply the sweep with a custom shape, and it will build the road automatically, just like lofting, you then can fine tune with edit poly to your desire track.

For texturing, that should assigned mapping co-ordinate automatically. You can use blend material with vertix colour map for the blending mask, which you can paint directly on the actual object. The two materials to make up the blend can be e.g. smooth track surface and cracked track surface, This technique can help breaks the regular tiling patterns from normal texture mappings.
no like.. really.. lol someone post a picture of what section of a track they want from top down and i will make it (for my own good) and will share it
okay well.. if no one posts a section of a track within today and tomorrow, i will not make one (of/for LFS)
Quote from XCNuse :okay well.. if no one posts a section of a track within today and tomorrow, i will not make one (of/for LFS)

i will take you up on that.
Attached images
Kyoto-pit.jpg
k, i will start on that in.. well who knows when, if not today then wednesday (cause i wont be here tomorrow )
np take your time.
lol i started it.. and mapped most of the track.. omg this is going to be a shitload of work haha

(cause its not just the area in your picture but just a little ways past both ends of the pits for reflection reasons)
Quote from yamakawa :It is regrettable,Ian.
Yes,I used 3dsMax & ReelMotion.It is better than Toycar of 3dsMax.It does not become useful Toycar.

I have found some plug in details that can do car simulations, look quite good.
http://www.newplugins.com/
and
http://www.craftanimations.com
Thx!
I knew VS 1.7.but Craft Camera Tools of new version did'nt know.I try demo version now!
Yeah, that craft camera let you rig your steering wheel to control the animation which is great. I will try the demo when I have time too.

3D Render Scenes for Tracks?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG