The online racing simulator
Angered man crashes plane into IRS office building
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/ ... e.crash/index.html?hpt=T1

"An Austin, Texas, resident with an apparent grudge against the Internal Revenue Service set his house on fire Thursday and then crashed a small plane into a building housing an IRS office with nearly 200 employees, officials said."

No one was killed except for the angered pilot. The pilot has his own website but it appears to have been taken down after what happened today:

http://embeddedart.com/

However, you can read the letter he wrote here:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/a ... s/2010/0218102stack1.html
The left will claim he's a right wingnut/tea partier and the right will claim he's a commie and nothing will come of it except the 24-hour news cycle getting something else to beat to death for a couple weeks.
The guy did have some valid points, none were really worthy of crashing a plane into a building though. I suspect all he cared about was making money, otherwise he would have accepted that he didn't beat the system and chosen to live in another country.
why do i always read indentifies as infidels
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The left will claim he's a right wingnut/tea partier and the right will claim he's a commie and nothing will come of it except the 24-hour news cycle getting something else to beat to death for a couple weeks.

Thats quite funny because its extremely true. Also, why is this not considered an act of terrorism!? I was listening to NPR yesterday, and they quoted some DHS guy as saying that terrorism had been ruled out. How could crashing an airplane into a federally owned building be anything other than terrorism?
Quote from speed1 :Thats quite funny because its extremely true. Also, why is this not considered an act of terrorism!? I was listening to NPR yesterday, and they quoted some DHS guy as saying that terrorism had been ruled out. How could crashing an airplane into a federally owned building be anything other than terrorism?

of course it's not terrorism! he just CRASHED A PLANE INTO A BUILDING, it's not like, say, he was on an airport holding a pair of nail clippers- NOW THAT'S terrorism.

PROTIP: BLATANTLY OBVIOUS SARCASM
I think the idea is that "terrorism" requires that the act be perpetrated by a group of individuals working toward a political goal. This guy was pissed off, but he didn't have a movement. He was just one dude.

"Terrorism" is a very vague idea, though.
Or it could be that it's not "Terrorism" because he is a white man and does not fit with the "Terrorist Picture" that the government and media want to show.

*puts tin foil hat back on*
#9 - MR_B
After reading that note, what really captures me more than anything is that the news channels, forums and most people will just sweep this under the carpet, and forget about it.
Quickly concluding that this person was just "one dude" as someone so kindly put it.

But for someone to by physically driven to such an extreme act by one law, or one legislation shows that this has to be taken seriously, it has to be looked at thoroughly and a change should be contemplated.

I too feel like this person sometimes, I look around and wonder why I do it. And I'm 22.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG