The online racing simulator
Quote from Drift King CZ :Lap and Timecode: Lap 60, 1:41:40 of the total time
Cars involved: 13, 01
brief description of incident: Turn 2. 01 pushing hard, braking late and pushing me right into the wall in T2.

Car 01 brakes late in the entry, and rear ends Car 13. 30-second penalty to Car 01.
Quote from racer hero :Lap and Timecode: lap 87, turn 1.
Cars involved: 14(?), 20
brief description of incident: 14 on the inside, 20 on the outside, 14 just acts like were not there and shoves us in the wall. Causes us undriveable damage and lots of time.

Car 14 pressures 20 for several laps, looking for an overtake. Car 14 has slipstream entering main straight, and starts a proper overtake before the first left hand bend. Car 20 turns in, leaving enough room, but Car 14 understeers into Car 20. Car 14 could have waited, but did present a satisfactory overtaking move. Car 20 could have backed off and cut losses instead of taking a risk of running side by side.

Car 14 is issued a Warning to use a bit better judgement when to overtake a leading car while lapped.

Car 20 is issued a Warning for lack of spatial awareness leading to an incident.
Quote from xtraction :Lap : 101
Involves: RSR + E-Team

Incident: RSR was blue flagged for quite a while, and didnt let me pass, i finally wedged my way in to pass, and then SR came behind them, and were allowed to pass with ease!

Protest rejected. Improper format (car numbers not provided).

However, had the protest been proper format, there would be no penalty. Car 01 was not unduly held up by car 27; Car 01 never presented a proper overtake until the point in which he did overtake.
Quote from -NightFly- :Lap and Timecode: lap 36, turn 1.
Cars involved: 27, 01, 21
brief description of incident: After having a slight pump with 21(I apologize for that), number 01 takes the inside lane and continues carelessly with ideal trajector pushing number 27 into the wall.

No penalty. Cars 27 and 21 make contact, both slow, and return to running. Car 01, unimpeded, takes the turn and starts to pull wide. Car 27 is still pulling a bit right, as Car 01 is moving left.
Quote from dekojester :This incident has been reassessed post-race.

The penalty has been upgraded from what was applied in race.

Car 03 is found to have done no blocking moves, and Car 25 is found to have placed his car in a position that it should have not been placed, and failed to take care to avoid contact. Contact was avoidable, and started an chain of incidents that ultimately led to the retirement of Car 03 and others.

Car 25's penalty is upgraded to placement as the last car 1 lap down.

Personally I find it a bit odd that the penalty is updated that way that a team definatly looses a position in the results and I think thats questionable. Why wasn't this reviewed during the race properly in the first place?

While I can understand the penalty itself (well... SG would have been my prefered choice), I feel frustrated about the way it's been handled with first giving us a warning and handing the bomb out long after the race.
^^
similar thing happend to car #04 after KY3.
I find it very odd that they got a SG from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... Z0BEU&feature=related

And we got a much stronger penalty, looong after the race, as Jan said.
Going from a warning to a 1 lap down++ is... The guy who gave us a warning dont have eyes or? You just want the championship closer or?
#33 - CSF
I have read through the rules, and I cant find anything about the penalty you gave me. In the rules, it doesnt say anything about a -2 lap penalty.
It says either 30 sec, 45 sec (which you gave RSR for their T1 mayhem) or dq.

Correct me if I am wrong.

So can I ask, where did this come from?
If you want to get technical, then it would be a holding penalty of -1 lap plus 45 seconds as defined in XIII 3 a. (though perhaps you should be ahead of E-team after their 30s penalty)

If you want to know where the penalty came from, it would probably be due to being in breach of NDR sporting code rules IV 2, VI 2, VII 1 + 2 and X 3. All whilst being on probation (XIII "...where the person on probation is subject to ... more strict penalties for incidents.")
My opinion posted right after. With people on MSN agreeing.
And I think it's time to end this discussion.
Quote from Tomhah :My opinion posted right after. With people on MSN agreeing.

You were already on probation, a harsher penalty is justified. You spent a lot of time right before the race telling everyone to be careful in T1, T2.. etc and then you dove where there was no room and ended the race for two teams.

As Wilko said, it's a video game so there's not already the money/injury reason for fearing contact, so what else can they do except penalize harshly?
Because I got on probation for doing donuts on the grass, being no danger for not a single soul. I have been clean for 3 years, and now this.
Probation or not, its way too harsh.
Do i have wrong idea or does Tommy have 3 year probation?

Can someone fill me in here?
You are wrong (hopefully). I ment that I have been driving clean in three years now, but that I do one mistake and get called a crasher and gets heavy punishment.

The "Donut-on the grass-probation" was just completely silly imo, as I didnt know I wasnt allowed to take donuts on the grass being no danger for anyone (iTCC).(not a sould protested me either). And then I get taken as a guy who has been crashing all his career.
IMO your a fair, fast driver..

Ive never had any problems with you. To me you seem just as fast and fair as people such as Rik de Jong, Morgan Trollé etc.
You're one of few then, but thanks for the kind words.
Maybe im one of the few because this league classes you as an "Amature". but its only Amature in league experience, not driving experience. I hope people remember this..
#46 - CSF
Sigh. This has gone a bit far now.
Well, thanks Sean. Im really thankful for your words.
Quote from Tomhah :You are wrong (hopefully). I ment that I have been driving clean in three years now, but that I do one mistake and get called a crasher and gets heavy punishment.

And then I get taken as a guy who has been crashing all his career.

Oh that's not really the case. I've never had any trouble with you in GTAL (haven't race you much anywhere else) so it's nothing personal at least from me. It's simply a case of rules are rules and anyone (be it me, Wilko, you... anyone) who does something so foolish as dive the way you did at that corner deserves a harsh punishment.

Next time I see you on track I won't be scared of you wrecking me or anything so silly. Passing yes, wrecking, no.
Was it twice as foolish as what RSR did at T1 at R1? (they got SG)

Yeah, it was my fault, It was never my intention. A DT or SG is deserved. But -2 lap?

But yeah, whatever... Good night. And dont worry, I wont crash you.
Indeed, no one has labelled you a crasher or anything of the sort, I wasn't worried that you were going to do something silly when you were racing us in the previous 3 rounds (even at KY3B going for the lead at the final corner ).

When Fuse did something silly at AS5 in MoE no one who had raced him previously suddenly changed their mind and decided he was a wrecker on the basis of that incident. He did of course, get a 2 lap penalty for it, as did Jason of SR at and TDRT at Westhill last season, both of which were looked at and applied after the race.

I think the difference with RSR was a) the circuit b) affects of the crash c) probation d) the fact that a 45s penalty wouldn't have punished you at all
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG