The online racing simulator
Random flat tyres
(40 posts, started )
How about random elephants dropping off the sky
That would make sense in a rally game when you drive into bunch of sharp rocks.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :How about random elephants dropping off the sky

But only if all would fall on you.
I think we finally have a discussion here.

Quote from Amynue :That would make sense in a rally game when you drive into bunch of sharp rocks.

+1
Yeah, what amynue said. Only on rallyX courses should there be random flat tyres.

The bad thing is that this could lead to random engine failures, which isn't a good thing in a game. When you are about to win a 100 lap race and your engine just breaks down, that will be a moment of....
Quote from Furiously-Fast :that will be a moment of....

What the freakin hell is that? LoL

I haven't said ENGINE failrues, only tyre related ones... Let's say, you hit the corner too fast, get a bit out of the track, and pick up something in the grass. BANG, there goes your tyre to hell...
Punctures from debris would be great. But first we'd need debris. Or sharp inside edges on kerbstones.

Just some features that would demand even more racecraft than LFS already does.
Just like sand or oil, or rain, I would like those changing track conditions.

Could this be true?
I did a long stint on Aston once, and my tires were getting thin. A couple of laps before I actually planned to change the tyres I blasted up the kerbs of the final chicane with my left front wheel and my tyre popped.
Did it pop because I blasted up the kerb? Does LFS have such a feature? Did the pressure change in the tyre because of the impact cause the tyre to rupture? Or did it just pop because the tread was completely gone exactly at the moment I hit the kerb?
the chances of the tread of the tire running out at that exact moment are slim, so it is probably the curb, scawen should answer our questions :hide:
logitek @ You are probably right. Chances for thin tyres are 1:999999999999999999999... So only thing left is that curbs affected the tyre, and it blew.

Trying to reach Scawen:
Knock, knock... Is Scawen in there?
(Nothing happens... Changing to outer space frequency )
Earth to Scawen, Scawen report, over.
leave him alone

hes working hard, and im not saying that to be funny
but when you get a blow out they don't go wildly flying off the road. When my dad had his XR2 he had a tyre blow at about 80mph. All that happened is it dropped slightly on the wheel that had blown.
Quote from Luke.S :but when you get a blow out they don't go wildly flying off the road. When my dad had his XR2 he had a tyre blow at about 80mph. All that happened is it dropped slightly on the wheel that had blown.

As the video above proves that's not always the case. It depends what load is on the car at the time the tyre goes. There's a huge difference between a puncture while doing 80mph on a straight bit of motorway compared to doing 150mph through a sweeping bend.
Yep

Random flat tyres
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG