The online racing simulator
Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
Reading through the thread someone mentioned a paper model. Well it happens that a good while ago I've made myself a paper model of a XRG! Seeing it now I think I'll need to do some building instructions, but if anybody wants to have a go, here it is .

edit: You better print it on thick paper, because on normal printer one it's just fragile.
Attached files
xrg.pdf - 1.2 MB - 475 views
I made an UF 1000
Quote from GhostBR :Reading through the thread someone mentioned a paper model. Well it happens that a good while ago I've made myself a paper model of a XRG! Seeing it now I think I'll need to do some building instructions, but if anybody wants to have a go, here it is .

edit: You better print it on thick paper, because on normal printer one it's just fragile.

Woah, it looks really well done! Do you have any pictures of the ending result, it also doesnt look that hard to make ,

Might try it sometime
Quote from lukelfs :Woah, it looks really well done! Do you have any pictures of the ending result, it also doesnt look that hard to make ,

Might try it sometime

Well the model I built to test it was given as a gift to my grandmoter so I don't have pics of it unfortunately Can get you pics from Pepakura viewer it that helps.
Attached images
imagem.JPG
Quote from IKke5165 :Just did the fine milling, took close to 4 hours

About 2/3th way down the proces:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... mp;stc=1&d=1266341025

Finished (side photo):

Finished (front end/grill photo):

yes i know the photos are vague, but I took them with my phone. Gonna finish the mirrors, wipers, hood, and roof of with a smaller mill.

That looks awesome, can't wait to see it done!
Oke, messed the rear right side window up and found out i cant finish it because the surfaces go through each other and the cam/cad software doesn't notice that. So the generate codes go through the car ruining it. I'll sand it down a bit and call it finished :P
It is looking nice anyway...
rofl thats wicked!
Maybe it can be used as a mold to vacuform polycarbonate r/c car bodies?

At +/- 8cm it could maybe fit a Mini-Z car
Thanks for all the nice responses and here is the sanded down model. Photos are still rubbish and IMO it looks better IRL:

I might be able to make a mold to injection mold it but it has no use to me as I only want 1 car and it's certainly not cheap to make a mold But if everyone would want to have one it would be a different story. It would also be nice to hear how the devs think about having one of their designs (the car) produced as scale car.

It's only 8cm long because I didn't have a longer mill around. my initial plan was to make a 28 or 23 cm car.
Attached images
P170210_01.29.jpg
P170210_01.30.jpg
That is amazing! Looks just like the real thing

Im sure alot of people would want to buy one!

and GhostBR, that looks great for a paper model :P
Great job with the wooden model!

I think I will try to make something, probably the XRG from the template by GhostBR, looks good
COOOOOOOOOOOL..........now do a BF1 xD that will test your skillz to the max!
I'll ask to my clay modelling teacher if I can make a LFS car for the next semester
Quote from NitroNitrous :I'll ask to my clay modelling teacher if I can make a LFS car for the next semester

no reason for him to say no its creative.
The only reason it must be an existing car is because there are pictures and blueprints out there, therefore I have references and we can compare the clay model with the existing car. But there are pictures (screenshots ) and blueprints for LFS cars as well, so I'll ask him...
U could ask devs for specs and take pics in game...
Quote from J03130 :COOOOOOOOOOOL..........now do a BF1 xD that will test your skillz to the max!

Its not the skills to put to the test, its the ability of being able to reach certain areas with the mill.
Quote from IKke5165 :Thanks for all the nice responses and here is the sanded down model. Photos are still rubbish and IMO it looks better IRL:

I might be able to make a mold to injection mold it but it has no use to me as I only want 1 car and it's certainly not cheap to make a mold But if everyone would want to have one it would be a different story. It would also be nice to hear how the devs think about having one of their designs (the car) produced as scale car.

It's only 8cm long because I didn't have a longer mill around. my initial plan was to make a 28 or 23 cm car.

Hij ziet er fantastisch uit joh!

Mag ik em hebben

It looks fantastic!

Can I haz it?

P.S.

Ik heb al eens met Victor gesproken over schaalmodellen van LFS wagens, hij vertelde me dat ze er al eens over hadden na gedacht en rond gezocht, maar het bleek te duur te zijn

Heel jammer!
Thanks and no you can't have it, unless you make a offer i can't refuse lol

Mischien is het commercieel maken te duur maar ook hobyistisch, naja als hun het gewoon toestaan zal er vast wel iemand zijn/komen die het wil doen .
That wooden model is just amazing. :/ Making that really needs time and patience
If someone would send me a Toyota Starion Model, Evergreen Plastic and alot of bondo I could make an XRG/XRT/XRR for free
You mean Mitsubishi Starion
That's what I said!
Learn to read!

Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG