The online racing simulator
Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
Quote from -NightFly- :saw a trailer, looked good
...until...i saw...a knight?

Well, the setting is in medieval times, what did you expect?

Back on topic: Started playing ME2 again now (for a change :tilt.
Insanity difficulty is utterly mental. I've been stuck on Mordin's mission for a few hours. It's crazy how much harder the entire game is on this difficulty. I'm pretty much the same character as before (I tried the others and I don't get on with them, and Soldier seems to boring) but with different skills. Apparently I really suck
Well... I gave Mass Effect a last chance yesterday and I have to say the game is totally different from the first time I played it! It got so much better after settling on the new Normandy and having some elements in stock and a couple of credits to spend, making you ready to get going.

I also really like the fact that I can do everything on my own pace... check out parts of a planet you don't go to in the mission (like the Omega marketplace), chat up with the crew, find some collectibles... before going on the next mission (of choice!)

Still, my biggest critique is the fact that I feel ME2's story is too much geared towards people that already played ME1, which I didn't. It's told in a way that expects you to know things already, so many times I'm like who? what planet? what race? and I reluctantly have to spam all these characters with questions to bring the puzzle pieces back together.
Needless to say I'm not connected to the story and I'm only playing it because I find the whole atmosphere breathtaking, partly thanks to the sense of scale of the huge ME universe.

Quote from -NightFly- :saw a trailer, looked good
...until...i saw...a knight?

Jibber just loves horsies, don't ask.
Man how can you not play ME for the storyline
Just play ME1 first and THEN play ME2. So much better
Quote from (SaM) :
Needless to say I'm not connected to the story and I'm only playing it because I find the whole atmosphere breathtaking, partly thanks to the sense of scale of the huge ME universe.

The codex holds a great deal of information on the ME universe, also, the ME wiki has a stack of info
Quote from danowat :The codex holds a great deal of information on the ME universe, also, the ME wiki has a stack of info

I know, I've spent a good half hour reading primary and secondary codices.
Maybe it's because I don't really care about the story. I often find myself just asking the questions I need to ask in order to get on with things, unless I REALLY need to know something.
I care more about the general storyline and the whole universe that's there to explore rather than subtle story details.
I've found out why I managed to pass ME2 in 20+ hours :\ It actually becomes hard on hardcore difficulty level
I had a bit of a diabetic brain-spazz last night and ended up deleting my save and then letting it auto-save over the other. There was a lot of swearing when I realised. So I've started yet again, but this time as a soldier. So far I'm liking the Adrenaline Rush ability and playing with sniper rifles.

I really wish your squadmates were a bit smarter though. The number of times I've watched as they just stand there and get taken out, even though I've specifically sent them to a cover position. The irony is Grunt seems to be about the smartest one there is, or maybe it's just because of his crazy regeneration.
I really love suicide mission. Must be one of the best if not the best mission in a game I ever played.
28 hours later, and its done, I have a couple of missions to tidy up, and a few achievements, but apart from that, I think I am done.

Left with a slightly let down feeling, although ME2 is much more streamlined than ME1 was, I just feels a little "neutered" and a little less grandious in its scale, that said, its still a great game, well worth a playing.

Not sure if I am going to attempt another playthrough at insanity level or not......

Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG