The online racing simulator
Pubkey Question.
Alright I'm looking to put a banner think of for the 3 servers we run, But I'm not sure if i need i can use one pubkey for all three servers or not. All the servers run off the same IP, there on WYD's Servers box and the only think different in the Insim port and general port..

Heres what I want to do:
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=19356&d=1163174822

Thats the link to the banner that i found you can do on the forums here, but it says you need the pubstat key but I'm not sure how i can get different banners for the 3 different servers up if all the servers have the same IP.

If you know what i'm talking about, please help me.. Looking to put this on the WYD website so people can see whos winning, what track/cars are being used/ etc.

Thanks, Cody!
You don't have to bind your PubStat key to a specific IP address. It's just an option.
Oh ok, So just get a key.. Can i use the same on for all 3 banners, or 3 different keys for the 3 different banners?
Doesnt matter, as long as they don't make multiple requests within 5 seconds. Requests are tarpitted but if you use three different Ident key's from three different accounts (!) then it should also work.
Quote from nl2dav :Requests are tarpitted but if you use three different Ident key's from three different accounts (!) then it should also work.

Although I think that's against the spirit of the TOS. One person is meant to use one account to use the free pub stats. One person using 3 different Live For Speed accounts to get around the pub-stat's tarpit is ambiguous at best. I hope The Angry Angle sees this, and can confirm or deny either way.
I'm only providing the intel. I encourage nobody to create multiple accounts.

I, for example, ask team members for a code. Most of the racers never use it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG