The online racing simulator
What is the Default FOV?
(34 posts, started )
What is the Default FOV?
i seem to be getting conflicting reports of between 90 - 110. thx
90 Afaik.
cheers Primoz - thats all i needed m8 - peace FB
Yuck. I can't stand anything > 70
I use 75, I would use less but I need to be able to see the dash (and yes, I do move the head position back)

edit: and the driver-side wing-mirror
I can see the dash perfectly fine with 68°
I would like to reduce my FOV below ~85° but I really need those side mirrors... I think the default position of the driver should be changed in some cases, like in the BF1, it's ridiculous I only see the shaft of the mirrors illepall
Although I know a single 4:3 monitor isn't enough for proper racing pusposes.
You could just use the central mirror. Its position is customizable, so you can just set it to just fit in your upper right corner.
Not sure if that makes me a weirdo, but I use 90
I still use 90. I've experimented with having it lower, but never been able to get used to it, my timing gets messed up on everything. Maybe i'll give it a go again, it did look more accurate at 70 or so.
For me it's the same, just the other way round. If I'd use 90°, I'd go through all corners at crawling speed because everything feels so fast. IMO a lower fov is better for seeing details and it makes hitting the apex much easier, alteast for me.
I used to use 75 back in the S1 days, but I discovered that my main rival (Kirves) used 90 and was routinely quicker than me. So I used 90, instantly gained several tenths per lap (and less crashes as I have more situational awareness). I wouldn't dream of going back unless it was forced upon me in hardcore mode.

If I knew I was racing with someone who can't see there mirrors or where I am by using less than 75 I'd be very scared, but with a limiting view like that I'd hazard a guess they wouldn't be racing with me in the first place, but several seconds behind.
I use 60 (FOV talk has been beaten to death). Except, in the MRT, at 60 you don't see ANY of the car, LOL. I have to see at least something to get feedback and the gauges as well, so I just use the 5/6 keys to move it back. Problem with that is, I'm use to the view at 60 and more than that, I end up braking too much because I can't drive with the view perspective all stretched forwards like that. I end up braking, then needing throttle again to reach the corner, LOL.

And yes, for the original post, 90 is default.
#14 - Woz
I started LFS using 90 as I was fresh from the FPS world and was used to running 90-110 in those games, so I was well used to warp effects.

Since then I have reduced it over time and now run 64, which allows you to see the dash in all cars and move the rear view mirror into place so you dont need virtual mirrors.
Im at 70 afaik.. :P dont really remember.. anyway, its funny, if you have it really low its like the corners appear earlier making me brake earlier.. which in terms screws my driving. It appearently has to be adjusted in small doses.

IMH, the "left, right" buttons should be replaced with "look into right mirror/look into left mirror/look into rearview mirror" Wouldn't that be smart? a function that automaticly points the FOV "into" each of the mirrors with the press of a button?!
Hi,

I am using FOV as 93degree as I have the best sensation from the SPEED.
If its below 80 I am calling it like walking simulator.There is no feeling of the speed and my team slogan is "FEEL THE SPEED"
TrackIR - doesn't matter what FOV, just look around!
Got one, made me slower and less accurate, and makes slides almost impossible to catch.
Quote from Red.Eye :TrackIR - doesn't matter what FOV, just look around!

Thats not true,Track-IR doesnt change how you feel the different values of FOV.ITs just give you possiblity to look around,nothing more.
arhh what was that prog called!? Little program used to control the mouse i think, it also enable "trackIR" in LFS using your normal camera and a piece of reflecting material attached to your head (basecap/sunclasses what ever) and it worked! Some PLEASE recall this name!

ok.. here goes! its called "visualmouse" and is available from www.download.com

just set the view functions in LFS to the mouse' axis! and you're good to go!
I adjust the fov everytime i switch cars, using the quick keys on the keyboard, i think its 4-8 .. not sure, i have no idea what my exact values are, i just adjust it 'til it feels right. im guessing its around or below 60.
i use 70-90 depending on the car. I wonder how Schumi sees his new mirrors?
Quote from szyszek :Not sure if that makes me a weirdo, but I use 90

If i don't use 90, i would know... even if it was 91!!
Quote from Rappa Z :i use 70-90 depending on the car. I wonder how Schumi sees his new mirrors?

Well... in most of Shumachers races, he doesn't really need a mirror if you get me
OMG! I AM on the "global ignore" list here... :S

What is the Default FOV?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG