The online racing simulator
Smart move 2K NOT!!!!
(37 posts, started )
Smart move 2K NOT!!!!
So i just bought bioshock2 today and some utter ass-head at 2k decides hey lets make game activation online and not activate at the 8th of february.

Oh no lets do the 9th so we can annoy some early Bioshock 2 buyers.
Great 2k just great.
Is anyone else here pissed about this?

I mean then at least wait til tomorrow to get it to the stores.
wah wah wah
You're complaining about downloading a game and not being able to activate/play it until it is released? That is idk, on the high end of idiocy...

Come on now, if the game is released for Feb th, 2010 you would need to expect that you can download, pre-order or 'get' your copy without being able to play it until it is officially released. Kinda like watching a band in concert, you don't complain when you get there 3hrs early to watch an empty stage... It is expected the band will come on at the time they said they would . . .

Wow.
the game isnt released until the 9th therefore it wont be playable until the 9th, get over it and you'll probably cry next that it needs steam.
Quote from blackbird04217 :You're complaining about downloading a game and not being able to activate/play it until it is released? That is idk, on the high end of idiocy...

Come on now, if the game is released for Feb th, 2010 you would need to expect that you can download, pre-order or 'get' your copy without being able to play it until it is officially released. Kinda like watching a band in concert, you don't complain when you get there 3hrs early to watch an empty stage... It is expected the band will come on at the time they said they would . . .

Wow.

I bought it from the store i did not download it could you please read the post before you type??
Quote from Chrisuu01 :So i just bought bioshock2 today and some utter ass-head at 2k decides hey lets make game activation online and not activate at the 8th of february.

Oh no lets do the 9th so we can annoy some early Bioshock 2 buyers.
Great 2k just great.
Is anyone else here pissed about this?

I mean then at least wait til tomorrow to get it to the stores.

Nowhere in there does it say you bought it from a store. You could have bought it online. Next time read your own damn post before accusing me, what was with the attitude?
Quote from blackbird04217 :Nowhere in there does it say you bought it from a store. You could have bought it online. Next time read your own damn post before accusing me, what was with the attitude?

As far as i can see im not trying to have an attitude against you.
So wait...

You're complaining that a developer won't let you play their game until the official release date...

Quote from JackDaMaster :So wait...

You're complaining that a developer won't let you play their game until the official release date...

No the fact that they let stores sell it before release date
#10 - Jakg
Except they don't let stores - the supply contract usually says they can fine the retailer a lot if they do...
Quote from Chrisuu01 :No the fact that they let stores sell it before release date

lawl.. just wait.
simple solution... boycott games that come with these idiotic means of copy protection
Wait a minute, game asks for online activation in order to play it? What if someone doesn't have internet access?? They've gone desperate with PC piracy protections..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wait a minute, game asks for online activation in order to play it? What if someone doesn't have internet access?? They've gone desperate with PC piracy protections..

Looks like you're going to hate UbiSoft's idea which requires you to be connected to the internet in order to even play your games, even if they're not multiplayer.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62098
Quote from ChiliFan :Looks like you're going to hate UbiSoft's idea which requires you to be connected to the internet in order to even play your games, even if they're not multiplayer.

It's not bothering me directly, since i stopped playing on PC, but they are redicolous, honestly.. if their game is good, people will buy it, end of, why do they even bother when hackers always win?
Quote from ChiliFan :Looks like you're going to hate UbiSoft's idea which requires you to be connected to the internet in order to even play your games, even if they're not multiplayer.

That will get cracked quite easy tbh, nothing is uncrackable and i hope they do because even thou i have preordered AC2 i am not having to be told when i have to play games i brought.
Quote from rc10racer :That will get cracked quite easy tbh, nothing is uncrackable and i hope they do because even thou i have preordered AC2 i am not having to be told when i have to play games i brought.

I agree with you to the fullest
well, it's cracked already and working (exept the online play), so why bother buying it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :It's not bothering me directly, since i stopped playing on PC, but they are redicolous, honestly.. if their game is good, people will buy it, end of, why do they even bother when hackers always win?

This is so true.
The percentage of people who buy their games online is mostly from crackers.
If a store sells me a game, I expect it to be playable right away. It's silly to sell it, yet keep the buyer waiting until it's 'released'. :mad:.
Well, you could change the date of your computer I think. Its 9th of february anyway.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Wait a minute, game asks for online activation in order to play it? What if someone doesn't have internet access?? They've gone desperate with PC piracy protections..

You don't like games that have online activation?

www.lfs.net?
Quote from mrodgers :You don't like games that have online activation?

www.lfs.net?

You can hotlap without activation, right? That's a different matter, LFS is multiplayer game..
LFS does have Single Player mode and Tutorials that get unlocked online to get S1 or S2 licenses. If you get a new LFS patch you need to re-unlock your license, again online.

Yes you can play the demo; a few cars with a track! And even a few tutorials all without an internet connection - assuming you had access to LFS in the first place.
Quote from mrodgers :You don't like games that have online activation?

www.lfs.net?

Yea but does lfs force you to have the internet connected to use single player? main flaw in the ubisoft design is once your net goes down you have to wait for it to come back online before you can play it again, what happens if your net goes down and you put the game to desktop then the net comes back online but the game crashes once you maximize it, you have lost all the hard work from the last save point.

The only time you have to use the net is for online activation or muiltplayer, once after that the game should not even attempt to connect to the internet other then the reasons i gave above.

Smart move 2K NOT!!!!
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG