The online racing simulator
2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
Also that first flip was really, really odd.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Also that first flip was really, really odd.

Straight Talladega Nights right there!

Guy straight lost it on his own then jerked the wheel to the right which ended up with him rolling. It's rather odd that while he started to spin back the other way he still had the wheel full lock to the right.

And who else saw the graphic when the Bud Shootout started that said "Race must end under green"? That should imply that they do a green/white/checkered until the race ends under green, but by the looks of it they didn't even give an attempt.
Quote from PMD9409 :Straight Talladega Nights right there!

Guy straight lost it on his own then jerked the wheel to the right which ended up with him rolling. It's rather odd that while he started to spin back the other way he still had the wheel full lock to the right.

And who else saw the graphic when the Bud Shootout started that said "Race must end under green"? That should imply that they do a green/white/checkered until the race ends under green, but by the looks of it they didn't even give an attempt.

He was a she btw. That was Jill George

EDIT:
Here's the flip with commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBoo2HlXsSA
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Also that first flip was really, really odd.

These cars are set up to go left on a 30 degree banking, so a sudden right turn at high speed isn't ideal! Still weird how it flipped just by "digging in".
I have one thing to say about the Bud Shootout.
Kevin Harvick winning the same way he always does at Daytona in a last lap crash is getting old. What a crock of shit that race was, i wanted McMurray to win.
Quote from PMD9409 :And who else saw the graphic when the Bud Shootout started that said "Race must end under green"? That should imply that they do a green/white/checkered until the race ends under green, but by the looks of it they didn't even give an attempt.

I was pretty pissed about that. Right when the crash happened me and my brother were both just like, OK here comes the green-white-checkers but then the race just ended. Someone from Nascar screwed that up because they never made their one attempt at a green finish.
No, it was there attempt. The caution was untill 2 laps to go means green, white, checkered. :P In case you didnt catch that.
But the rules stated "Race must end under green" meaning they would continue to try until all are out (or race finished). Made me give a big thumbs down.
Phil I totally agree, I am just saying, technically the green white checkered did happen.
i hope thay show the nationwide race here in sweden. we get the sprint series the best thing with the swedish chanel is that we don't get any comercial breaks
Quote from greg_slideways :Phil I totally agree, I am just saying, technically the green white checkered did happen.

"Caution with two laps remaining
If a caution period starts, or continues, any time with two laps remaining in the scheduled distance, NASCAR allows one attempt to finish the race under green flag conditions."

They blatantly did not follow this rule. They are supposed to make one extra attempt at the green flag finish if there is a caution with 2 to go, and they didn't do that. So I think you're wrong saying that technically it did happen, since it didn't.

Whatever though, it was just the shootout so not a big deal, they better not let this happen during the season though.

As far as Danica-mania goes, I guess I'm glad we're just getting this over with now, it had to happen at some point. I don't really care what she does in the Nationwide race at Daytona, I want to see how she does on a real track before I pass judgment. I was not exactly impressed with her interview after the ARCA race though. The kink? Where the hell is the kink at Daytona?
Quote from UncleBenny :"Caution with two laps remaining
If a caution period starts, or continues, any time with two laps remaining in the scheduled distance, NASCAR allows one attempt to finish the race under green flag conditions."

This is exactly what they did.
Yep, there was a caution with 5 to go (or so, I can't remember exactly) which took them into G/W/CH territory. Guys couldn't make it one lap into the G/W/CH so the caution came out all that was it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is exactly what they did.

Looking at the official race results now, I suppose that is what happened. That caution went to lap 74 which I guess would put them in G/W/CH territory already.

We did a shot of beer every time they came across the line, so we weren't exactly in the best condition to interpet rules by lap 74 haha.
Quote from UncleBenny :I was not exactly impressed with her interview after the ARCA race though. The kink? Where the hell is the kink at Daytona?

The tri-oval, give her a break, she is used to different terms than most NACAR drivers. People just are trying way too damn hard to find flaws in her first race, give it a rest.
There's Danica mania fanboys who praise that Danica's the best driver there is and then there's Danica cynics who will NEVER be impressed no matter how well she's driven...

Seriously...this is getting ridiculous...the truth is somewhere in the middle guys...I mean...look what happened to Milka Duno.

Danica isn't great. But she isn't bad at all. Yes she's overhyped, but she isn't a sh*t driver unlike Milka Duno or Yuji Ide
She saved sliding through the grass, did Kurt Busch?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is exactly what they did.

That's kinda what I thought. But I still wish they made another attempt too! I was like It ends just like that.
Possible new green-white-checkered rules:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... _a_green-flag_finish.html

Isn't this what the Indy Car series does already? I'm not as familiar with their rules as I should be.

Anyway, I don't know if I really like this. I applaud their efforts to try and finish under green, but I think this would be a mess in fuel mileage races if they have to try multiple restarts. I think the rule now is pretty good, give the drivers one chance, and if someone screws it up then too bad.
Normally fuel mileage races end under a long green (Michigan or Pocono for example), so I don't really see the concern for that.

They had it in the Truck series a few years back, and I loved it that way tbh. Plus it has the drivers make those "all out" moves on the final lap, which IMO is alot better for the audience.

I'll take it either way, isn't that big a deal to me.
Quote from UncleBenny :Possible new green-white-checkered rules:

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... _a_green-flag_finish.html

Isn't this what the Indy Car series does already? I'm not as familiar with their rules as I should be.

Anyway, I don't know if I really like this. I applaud their efforts to try and finish under green, but I think this would be a mess in fuel mileage races if they have to try multiple restarts. I think the rule now is pretty good, give the drivers one chance, and if someone screws it up then too bad.

Yeah I heard that today.. I think it's a good idea (Speed Channel watching pratice on a snow day)

Huge Mark Martin fan here and I hope that he can finally win the 500 (Get's reminded of 2007 again)

Also like to say "Hi" to everybody here since I'm new.
Hello!

And good choice with Mark

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG