The online racing simulator
LFS Paintball Server
(25 posts, started )
LFS Paintball Server
Hi

I've set up a server [Sin'rs (Paintball!)], where the object is to get a fast lap when unseen people hit you and your car with paint balls!

Looking for people who think they can almost drive FE2 blindfold to prove it!

I've told the shooters they are only allowed to hit you on the straights, to give you some chance in the corners.

The paintballs disappear after short time, but be aware though, that the faster you go, the more paint balls that you'll be covered with.

No prizes except to see your name at the top of the leaderboard (type !top or !near).

There is a lot of stuff on the server you may not like (driftmeter, mashalls, etc). Some can be switched off. Type !help for commands.

Good luck

EDIT: Added video to YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97AXI0avcI
Attached images
Sin'rs Paintball.PNG
heheh, sorry to inform you, this is still quite easy to "avoid" the paintballs with a simple macro, but this idea seems quite nice!

maybe add a few marshall objects so it looks like they are shooting the paintball guns
What the hell. Live for Speed the ultimate First Person shooter simulator
Quote from Kristi :What the hell. Live for Speed the ultimate First Person shooter simulator

Doesn't beat FLP's Tetris or poker insim though.
Boom. The revolution starts now.
By the way, a little suggestion. Maybe you could make dots instead of *,that would be more realistic
Quote from Kristi :By the way, a little suggestion. Maybe you could make dots instead of *,that would be more realistic

It was originally designed like that, but between working properly in offline mode and putting code on server, it came out with question marks (?). I can make UTF-8 format work on my pc, but not the servers.

I originally tried to make it for mud on the visor, but there's no brown in LFS, so it ended up looking like snow.

Just changed it from snow to paint.
Attached images
LFS Snow.PNG
Quote from nikopdr :maybe add a few marshall objects so it looks like they are shooting the paintball guns

I might just do that!

Just need to ask my existing server superadmins if they would make themselves more visable - they prefer being incognito out of uniform.
Attached images
Cop and Warden.PNG
Quote from sinanju :I might just do that!

Just need to ask my existing server superadmins if they would make themselves more visable - they prefer being incognito out of uniform.

OK, took a bit of persuasion, but....ta dah!
Attached images
Paintballer.PNG
Haha, what a unique idea! I reckon this might be good for a laugh.
AS yesterday was a first, I managed to get New York SWAT team to do shooting honours.

Today it's turn of LA beach volleyball champions; no fraternising allowed afterwards!
Random, but fun
Fun for a few minutes. Gets boring after short while.
Now that I've got host server to recognise UTF-8 format text, can now do proper circles for paintball effect.
Attached images
LFS round paintballs.PNG
Was just on. Is great! I'm pretty crap though.
EDIT: w00t - 1900 posts!
Quote from jrd.racer :Fun for a few minutes. Gets boring after short while.

Wait till you try a race when people shooting paintballs at you!
You know what would make it even better? If people (ie. spectators) could actually "fire paintballs" at the cars driving around I realize this isn't possible to do, though.
Quote from obsolum :You know what would make it even better? If people (ie. spectators) could actually "fire paintballs" at the cars driving around I realize this isn't possible to do, though.

Probably not, but I've been having thoughts about having someone in a chase car who could "fire" at car in front.

Probably possible as you could have lead car at position X, with chase car at position x less a quantity of meters. So chase car would have to be in specified 'range' of lead car before anything would happen.

Maybe even having hare and hounds effect by having group of people chasing, each having their own colour of paintball. At end of chase, who had most hits?

Of course, would look strange being chased by someone, but 'paintballs' hit your front screen.

I could get round that by saying that chase car able to over-ride controls of static paint guns placed round a track if within certain range of the guns. Bit like using remote for opening car door. Ok close up, but can't do if too far away.

However, although nice idea, unlikely to happen (at least by me) as I lack the programming skills required.

Maybe I'll put this idea forward to the NFS people. 'Need For Speed Paintball' anyone?

Better yet (more lucrative), a mission on the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

==============

Does this show how bored some people are getting of the game, or is just so cool that we are able to do such strange things with this game?
Quote from obsolum :You know what would make it even better? If people (ie. spectators) could actually "fire paintballs" at the cars driving around I realize this isn't possible to do, though.

That WOULD be cool, almost like bomberman
This and the football server, you sure arebored of the game without updates!

Just kidding, I like those kinds of original ideas and I have to recognize that you have a lot of creativity and knowledge to transform a car simulator in a paintball game!
Know the thing what has to come with S3. WIPERS! You could easily just wipe the paintballs of and get a perfect lap
Quote from Mr.46 :Know the thing what has to come with S3. WIPERS! You could easily just wipe the paintballs of and get a perfect lap

Not with the oily paint I use; it would just smear all over your windscreen!

Blue, red, yellow, green and black all mixed up - bet it looks brown.
Record movie favour request
Hi

I made movie of lap on FE2 in MRT, being hit by paintballs.

Loaded on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97AXI0avcI

I used CamStudio (available http://camstudio.org/). It's free.

Nothing wrong with their software. Problem is that my grafix card is shot (pun intended), so wondering if anyone could record themselves doing lap and post on Youtube?

Thanks.
Quote from sinanju :Not with the oily paint I use; it would just smear all over your windscreen!

Blue, red, yellow, green and black all mixed up - bet it looks brown.

Yes, but I'm there 2nd or somethin' like it. P.S If the wipers come, someone's gonnas make a mod
Ok, I've put in option for anyone to "shoot".

It's a global shoot, so better used if you spectate.

This is so you can catch someone unawares! Preferably at a tricky bit.

Type in any of the following to shoot;

!fire
!fire1
!fire2
!fire3
!fire4
!fire5
!fire6
!fire7

PS Track changed to AS1 to make it "harder" to drive

LFS Paintball Server
(25 posts, started )