The online racing simulator
AvP 3 Demo coming this Thu
(19 posts, started )
So Rebellion's back making the third AvP game, what are your thoughts?

The teaser vids look gory enough and compared to the, for instance, Infinity Ward's MW2 turd and the whole poop of a game series, Rebellion's got at least one good game under their belts (the original AvP).
Yeah can't wait for this, preordered the masssive crazy edition of the game with the face hugger.

I loved the first two games just hope this is as amazing as the trailers are showing
Quote from adamlfs :Yeah can't wait for this, preordered the masssive crazy edition of the game with the face hugger.

I loved the first two games just hope this is as amazing as the trailers are showing

Ah, the Hunter edition which isn't available for PC.

Thank you console generation for the cancer that is DLC and special edition racism.

EDITS!!!1§

Quote from adamlfs :http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;6;-1;-1;-1&sku=310365

Erm, yeah it is...

But I do agree with the console rubbish.

Aaargh I searched every possible dealer here in Finland for that. Even Play.com didn't have that.
lmao spanky

I used to love the 1st and 2nd aswell, used to play the first one on serial link vs my bro

Was a bit younger then, the single player used to make me shit myself, turned it off and stopped playing a few times tbh
what's avp?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :what's avp?

Um, Alien Vs Predator... It's pretty nice weather outside, you can come out of that rock
Quote from DejaVu :lmao spanky

I used to love the 1st and 2nd aswell, used to play the first one on serial link vs my bro

Was a bit younger then, the single player used to make me shit myself, turned it off and stopped playing a few times tbh

Both of the AvPs were great IMO. The first one by Rebellion was a strange beast in its time and Monolith's sequel was much slower paced but equally scary.
Played the Demo.
Multi only, with deathmatch the only mode.
All 3 races available to play.
And predators will decapitate you, and aliens will bite your face off.
Humans will shoot wildly and hope for the best.
So in conclusion, the demos a tad boring but looks promising.
It even says, that the demo wont reflect the final product or coding.
Quote from AstroBoy :Played the Demo.
Multi only, with deathmatch the only mode.
All 3 races available to play.
And predators will decapitate you, and aliens will bite your face off.
Humans will shoot wildly and hope for the best.
So in conclusion, the demos a tad boring but looks promising.
It even says, that the demo wont reflect the final product or coding.

Yeah I agree with that..

Marines don't stand a chance in fights against aliens or predators. You have to wait ages to connect to a game.. longest I waited was about 2-5mins.

The input system is laggy as hell, takes you a good 30secs to just pick up a weapon as a human, and you can't even look around quickly. Had to pump up the mouse options to max just to make it work.

*And before anyone comes in a says my comp can't run it. It can cause I was running on low settings just to see if it was any better with no luck.*

I just pray that like you said Astro, that the real game isn't anything like that demo.
Quote from adamlfs : The input system is laggy as hell...

100 percent agreement here. I played the demo yesterday evening and it felt like playing Doom 3 on valium...
There are unconfirmed reports that the demo is the E3 build from 10 months ago.

I managed to get my first go off the demo and i was really pleased how good the gameplay felt for me, the aliens are little fast gits tbh, i even got killed from behind ... reature inside it's mouth.

I was even surprised how well it runs on my system with all settings maxed out (1920x1200) but with no AA to select ingame i was lucky because it would of crippled my system, guessing it did help with the demo being an old E3 demo build so guessing the latest build will be alot better visually and performance wise.
Quote from rc10racer :There are unconfirmed reports that the demo is the E3 build from 10 months ago.

I managed to get my first go off the demo and i was really pleased how good the gameplay felt for me, the aliens are little fast gits tbh, i even got killed from behind ... reature inside it's mouth.

I was even surprised how well it runs on my system with all settings maxed out (1920x1200) but with no AA to select ingame i was lucky because it would of crippled my system, guessing it did help with the demo being an old E3 demo build so guessing the latest build will be alot better visually and performance wise.

Lol, awesome image you captured , downloading the demo now it looks like a great game
Game seems fun, which one of the 3 sides is most fun to play with?
The dark side.
predator is most enjoyable tbh, can super leap everywhere including up over
I think the games ok, if u can turn off mouse acceleration and the motion blur it would be alot more enjoyable, I guess its because its a port from Xbox 360

Edit- apparently turning the mouse poll to 500hz fixes the problem of slow input (Not sure if it fully fixes it, doubt it) gona go test it now

Edit2- Ingame menu feels SOOO MUCH BETTER! feels like my movements are actualy 100% correct :P

Edit3- Ingame it feels better, but still has the lag, deathmatch mode is pretty boring, I want something like Teams but Humans vs all, survival kina thing
Attached images
RAWR.jpg
My crappy old PC can't run the demo properly (low FPS yields horrible input lag) but if anyone wants to have a friends-only match on Xbawx my XBL is in the zig.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG