The online racing simulator
Anyone using Dell 2709w for LFS?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - tpa
I was just wondering if anyone is playing LFS on that monitor. And if so, is there any noticable lag?
What u mean by lag? Ghosting on the screen?
#3 - tpa
Mainly "input lag", e.g. if there's a noticable lag betwenn turning the steering wheel (controller) and the monitor showing the ingame steering wheel turning.
#4 - Byku
#5 - tpa
I don't have one, I'm just considering buying one

I know those figures, although DELL apparently has been able to reduce input lag by almost half in the newer revisions (currently revision A04).
I don't care too much about first person shooters since I only play them very occasionally but LFS/racing games I like to play somewhat competitivly from time to time. So I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this monitor in LFS...
My wifes monitor is a 27 inch Dell. I have a hard time being able to use my games on her comp, but I will give LFS ago on it plus my G25 for ya and let ya know how I felt about it.
Trusted site Prad.de has given 5/5 rating ("narrowly", they say), but read what they say about gaming:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore ... art13.html#Responsiveness

(Review is probably available on the German version of the site too)

If you want image quality and gaming performance, is trading 1-3 inches for some IPS monitor an option? How much were you going to pay for this 2709w?

"he image arrives on the screen with a constant lag of 47 ms"
that is a LOT, not suitable for gaming at all. If you try 1st person shooters online, you will think they are all cheaters with such a screen!

I bought an LG-monitor mainly because the lg-monitors often have the lowest input-lag of all comparable monitors. The trade off is dat de image quality is not the best, but nog bad either. But having said that, the old 26inch screen was still over two times more expensive So its not fair to expect the same image quality from the much cheaper lg-monitor.
In fact, i also replaxed my tv with an lg for the same-input lag problems. I had serious sound sync problems with a high-end samsung tv(40F86). It had so much input-lag, the auto-lip-sync functions of the av-receiver couldn't compensate for it and gaming was totally impossible. input lag of at least 60ms and up to 90ms And don't worry"gamemode" didnt improve matters.

Although the black-levels on the lg (sl9000 47inch)are less good, but this screen is cheap for its size and features, the wii can be used again and overal image quality is actually very good. Apart from the backlevels, just as good as the "old" television.

So i spent lots of money to get rid of those lagging lcd-panels in my house, still one to go, an older 22 inch samsung screen, but that is low priority So check the input-lag before you buy! it can save a lot of euros or dollars or.. whatever currency hehe
#9 - Byku
I've bought recently an LCD LE37B551 Samsung, 35ms of input lag. You can feel it, but it is hard to notice. It doesn't bother in most games, but in CoD online it was annoying. LFS is fine with it ^^.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG