The online racing simulator
Games for a Non-Gaming Notebook?
(43 posts, started )
Quote :Will say it again. Diablo II.

Played it once, didn't like it =/ I really don't like all that magic and medieval stuff, games and movies... Dark Messiah was my top.

Quote :Some old aventuere games maybe? I can recommend:
* Loom (quite easy with nice story almost an interactive fairytale)
* Zak McKracken and the alien mind benders (epic in the true sense since its very long and very hard which makes it take forever to complete)

Will check.

I'm almost done with Crimson Skies, I really recommend this game, gave me lots of good fun.

++ How can it be that hard to get ZSnes 1.42? Finally got it!
I Wanna Be The Guy?

Probably not a good choice thinking about it...
Quote :I Wanna Be The Guy?

Probably not a good choice thinking about it...

A game of infinite frustration and doom? Yeah, not a good choice for holidays.

Edit: Not much time left guys, so no more big retail games, only indie easy to get stuff please! =D
Btw, testing Crimson Skies now.
Hey

It's also infinite amusement for those watching. Don't forget that!

www.newstargames.com

Try those
it's only amusing if you actually know the game by heart
Thanks for the tip
Dungeon Keeper 2, slap your minions when they complain, apparently its also a RTS
The Incredible Machine, Braid, Machinarium. Try these three.

TIM is an old and a great puzzle game. Braid is a platform adventure game with really nice graphics. Machinarium is a bang-on adventure and I just finished it, great puzzles in it I must say.
Complicated (very), addicitve, graphics free game (ascii, you were warned).
Freeware (technically potcardware )

Fantastic if you have patience, logical mind, a few neurones, and do not fear multiple horrible deaths.
www.adom.de

Playing it feels like playing a gigantic chess game with varying rules. Steep learning curve.
Something like Silent Storm (loved that game) or one of the early Fallout's (probably 2)
I loved The Incredible Machine soundtrack back in the day. I got a loan of the CD from a friend (before I had a PC) and copied it to cassette. Yeah, you heard me - cassette, bitches

Point and click adventures are usually a safe bet because they're always low-resource. I love the King's Quest games. KQIV to VII are all great. Not so keen on the old VGA ones though.
Find the DOS remakes of Dizzy games too, they age brilliantly. Prince of the Yolk Folk is still my favourite, although Spellbound Dizzy is amazingly complex and fun too.
Quote from Shadowww@Steam :
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel
18 Wheels of Steel: Across America
Counter-Strike 2D
Elastomania
FlatOut 2 [runs OK on low settings, 25-40 fps]
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed
Paris-Dakar Rally
All PopCap and MumboJumbo games
Route 66 [very hard to find both in shops and in internet]
Street Racing Syndicate
Test Drive [the 2002 one, last one before Unlimited]
V-Rally 3 [needs HW Analyze]
World of Goo

Quote from Racer556 :it's only amusing if you actually know the game by heart

That I do

I'll chip in with Starscape, 2d space action sooter, runs on a p166 and casual gaming...
From older racing games definitely Toca 2, V-Rally 2, Driver 1, or CMR 2.0 or NFS5, as mentioned before. See gameplay videos on youtube, I think those games are still the best. And no, it's not nostalgy speaking from me. Well, maybe a little bit.
OK! Now I'm here with some inet so I can reply. Not enough bandwith to get more games but still will check this list so when I'm back I can gear my notebook a bit more.
Must say that mafia was a great idea, started playing it and now I'm really hooked. Also have NfS5 to play around, and Crimson Skies is IMO a must have!

Thanks everyone.
Quote from Racer556 :
Must say that mafia was a great idea, started playing it and now I'm really hooked.

Oh just keep on playing.. and don't quit if you get stuck somewhere.. I was an i*iot and was stuck on one part, and had a break for 2, 3 months cause of that, and it wasn't even something that hard to figure out.. God i can't f*ckin wait for Mafia II.

Games for a Non-Gaming Notebook?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG