The online racing simulator
ATC 60 Lap GP - League
(66 posts, closed, started )

Poll : What days

Closed since :
Saturdays
Sundays
ATC 60 Lap GP - League
The ATC League Website is now online here : http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/index.html

- ATC 60 Lap GP -

The Concept?

The concept of the ATC 60 Lap GP League is based on being Fun, If you are a hotlapper. Leave this site IMMEDIATELY!!!

The ATC Team have been running 60 Lap single event races on and off for the last 5 years (history) originally with great success. There has been some questions regarding turning things into a league, so here it is.

This is a Laid back league, There are going to be No Protests, People who cause problems on the server will receive race penalties on the spot. Anybody who decides they want to argue after the race will simply be told to "Get Out".

How long will it last?

The First Season of the ATC 60 Lap GP League will be done over 13 races running every 7 - 21 days on Saturdays and Sundays. We will try to keep it to every 2 weeks but are trying to schedule around other popular leagues.

After the first 6 races there will be a 3 week break, Why? nobody knows.

What cars are being used?

We will be using the XF GTI (XFG) only for the entire season, We have chosen this car because it promotes close racing and is easy to drive.

Who can join?

Anybody with an S2 License can join at Any time throughout the league (although obviously if you only come to 2 - 3 races.. you are not going to win!) HOWEVER!. Due to the fact that there are those who would like to join races for the sole purpose of causing problems, Anybody who signs up after the league starts will be "highlighted" for current racers to object to joining. So if you have a bad reputation then im sorry to say you will not be allowed to participate.

What else do i need to know?

Out of the 13 races, At the end of the league you will have to drop 2 of your rounds (so i would advise that you pick rounds that gave you the fewest points, or any you might not have turned up to). If you KNOW you will not be able to make the race let us know so that a reserve driver can take your place in advance, rather than having to wait untill race time.

Another important thing to note is that we will be running a Success Balast system, This is outlined in the rules so please do read them carefully!

Finally, i guess the only thing you need to know now is the RULES. Once you have read the rules you can then feel free to sign up via the sign up form.

http://www.atcteam.org/lfs/index.html
#2 - Hahmo
Sounds good hope that the signups opens in few days
Quote from franky500 :
  • Being caught sleeping with your sister.....

Awwwww

I've no sister anyway

More seriously, I might show up 1 or 2 times if I'm being free, but unfortunately this doesn't happen so often in weekends because of the various leagues I'm involved in
5 - 5 :sour:
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Awwwww

I've no sister anyway

More seriously, I might show up 1 or 2 times if I'm being free, but unfortunately this doesn't happen so often in weekends because of the various leagues I'm involved in

Thats fair enough.. what leagues are they?

5-5 im sure that will soon change
edit: removed my smart-ass remark as it would seem incriminating....
lol, Something tells me that is just wrong havoc!.
if is open to all

count me on !

any day !!
Would be fun! I voted sunday. But hey the FWD amateur trackday league has sundays aswell. Just a little reminder.
I voted Sundays, as long as we can keep it from conflicting with iTCC.
Looks like we will be doing sundays (at least mostly) will try and sort out a mini-site of some sort (or at least registrations) and get dates setup today.
we would also be best to discuss the time between rounds. if once a week, there's no room for other league races at the time slot (reducing the driver count). every two weeks could help if the "other" leagues is also staggered at two week gaps. three weeks means that there would really be no excuse for lack of practice but the league could feel drawn out. once every four weeks would not be an option imo. drivers will lose interest and so will the organisers.

just a thought.
#13 - VoiD
14 days cycle would be perfect IMO... should be enough time for some training/sparetime...
i suppose if drivers who entered also mentioned other leagues they were in. it could help franky set dates around those too. i think the main thing should be trying to maintain numbers.
there's nothing worse than losing half your drivers due to other league commitments.
#15 - VoiD
Quote from dadge :...there's nothing worse than losing half your drivers due to other league commitments.

Poll is still open...

My saturday events:
Quote from TBOC :
Round 2: 6 February 2010 from BL1R
Round 3: 20 February 2010 from WE1R
Round 4: 6 March 2010 from KY2
Round 5: 3 April 2010 from FE2
Round 6: 17 April 2010 from AS7

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=64850
I have no life on weekends, so either day is fine. However, considering that people who do have lives are more likely to come by my house/invite me to go out with them on sundays, I voted for Saturdays.
Quote from yuri laszlo :i have no life on weekends, so either day is fine.

+1

And I WILL join this, Franky!

No chance for the spidermonkey!
oh come on zeug.... the spidermonkey HAS to have a chance!!!

Incidently i have been sleeping all day so i will now be up all night finishing the site / registrations / rules / dates off.

Catch u soon guys.
almost ready to open the site up and get the registrations going, Just a few small things to finish off and dates to set now.
Quote from franky500 :almost ready to open the site up and get the registrations going, Just a few small things to finish off and dates to set now.

Great, looking forward to it
Quote from franky500 :Thats fair enough.. what leagues are they?

Well, I'll try to make a list then for Sundays :Saturdays are kinda no-go, way too much leagues, I couldn't even find 14 free Saturdays in the year
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Well, I'll try to make a list then for Sundays :Saturdays are kinda no-go, way too much leagues, I couldn't even find 14 free Saturdays in the year

I don't really see a problem in having clashing schedules. It should be up to the drivers to make a compromise and choose which competitions they'll be focused on. unless, of course, everyone's busy racing elsewhere, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

At the very least, having two competitions in the same day means I'll get beaten by different people instead of getting trashed by the same drivers twice.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :I don't really see a problem in having clashing schedules. It should be up to the drivers to make a compromise and choose which competitions they'll be focused on. unless, of course, everyone's busy racing elsewhere, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

At the very least, having two competitions in the same day means I'll get beaten by different people instead of getting trashed by the same drivers twice.

Sure. Actually, if I decided to make a list it's only because I was kindly asked to do so
clashing schedules are fine but its alot better if clashes can be avoided.

I can tell you now the 1st race will be at Blackwood GP on 28th Febuary Quali start 18:15 GMT, Race start 19:00 GMT
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Sure. Actually, if I decided to make a list it's only because I was kindly asked to do so

Yes, of course. I was just hijacking your post to express my feelings.
This thread is closed

ATC 60 Lap GP - League
(66 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG