The online racing simulator
Demo racing can be fun.
(15 posts, started )
Demo racing can be fun.
I see many posts on this forum complaining about demo servers being just for beginners or crashers.

Just thought I'd post this replay of a fairly typical race on one of the Redline Racing Demo servers.

Whilst you will still get the occasional crash kiddie, for the most part this is the sort of racing you can expect.

The server has either an Admin or a track marshal online for a large proportion of the day to keep thngs in order.
Attached files
BL1_race_5L_11R_9F_4.mpr - 1.3 MB - 206 views
Demo racing is cool!
I only have the demo license and i think it really is enough

I mean, these races can be dead serious too!! You don't need to pay a fortune for good racing
don't even try to say, that S2 has no advantages agains demo licence, FFS.. Anyway, demo races can be fun too..
Quote from alliennas :don't even try to say, that S2 has no advantages agains demo licence, FFS.. Anyway, demo races can be fun too..

Ok, ok... Calm down... Just wanted to make my point that you have the necessary things in the demo, ok? No need to fight
you calm down, I have no gloves on, just forgot to put a smile after first sentence, if that matters
Well, i must say that i like XFG on blackwood too. Sometimes when im bored then i just race alone in the singleplayer
How can you call "Demo license" a license ? You clearly see that under your name "Demo racaer" is written. Keep it to that, only S1 and S2 has licenses for money.
#8 - 5haz
So long as a server has an adequate admin team that isn't afraid to do its job, then any server can be clean.

Infact, demo servers are often better because they don't allow the stupidly large 30 odd sized grids that most popular S2 servers do.

Such huge grids from a standing start are fine on large ovals, but on road courses or smaller ovals its a recipe for crashing hell, if you want to see a real life example watch as NASCAR race at Martinsville, and thats without the keyboard controls and poor framerates/lag that many LFS players experience.
Demo racing where only fun when thats the only choise you had. And it really destroyed alot for me when they merged the demo/s1/s2 filter so that the demoplayers can join s2 servers running for example: bl gl track with GTi class.

It´s an awesome combo now rendered totally useless, and the same thing with BL rallycross and GTi class.

Bring back the filter!!!!!!
Quote from AcesHigh :Demo racing where only fun when thats the only choise you had. And it really destroyed alot for me when they merged the demo/s1/s2 filter so that the demoplayers can join s2 servers running for example: bl gl track with GTi class.

It´s an awesome combo now rendered totally useless, and the same thing with BL rallycross and GTi class.

Bring back the filter!!!!!!

Or, set your host to have more than 12 connections. Then demo racers can't join
#11 - senn
these days i generally find better racing on Demo servers than i do S2 servers. At least with a decent ping anyway :/
Demo racing lacks serious challenge, how does one find interesting to drive around one track/car combo and continuously bang TOP lap while not even racing but just driving along (talking mostly about FBM which is seriously easy and dull to drive, stupidly much grip, adjust braking in mid corner etc)
I have to admit that well adminned Demo servers (there are a few) are much fun to drive.
I like to drive there pretty much.
However you sometimes have to face being rammed off by a n00b.
Quote from rockclan :I have to admit that well adminned Demo servers (there are a few) are much fun to drive.
I like to drive there pretty much.
However you sometimes have to face being rammed off by a n00b.

Noob's need to start from somewhere, right?

What's the difference of using a demo or buy the license and go to Aston National with a GTR for your first ever online race? None.

The offline races don't give you the necessary challenge, since the AI is poor and can ruin your race easily. Please, you were a noob once and you need to be more forgiving with people that are starting or have less experience.

You need to seperate people that are learning from people that know (much more than) the basics just to ram others out of track for their personal amusement.
Quote from NunoMike :Noob's need to start from somewhere, right?

What's the difference of using a demo or buy the license and go to Aston National with a GTR for your first ever online race? None.

The offline races don't give you the necessary challenge, since the AI is poor and can ruin your race easily. Please, you were a noob once and you need to be more forgiving with people that are starting or have less experience.

You need to seperate people that are learning from people that know (much more than) the basics just to ram others out of track for their personal amusement.

I didn't meant it that way, to call all the Demo'rs noobs.
Thats not truth at all, the only thing I said that you sometimes face being rammed off by a noob.
Because there are some rammers/wreckers among the Demo'rs.
A newbie/noob which wants to learn and causes a crash isn't nessiceraly a rammer.
Ram = Purpose
Crash = Accident

I have all respect for the newbies/noobs on the demo, as long as they don't wreck.

Demo racing can be fun.
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG