The online racing simulator
Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
Quote from Maelstrom :It is in french

The game is bashed mainly because it goes towards over simplification. It seems that players thought Mass Effect 1 too complicated.

The inventory system in ME1 was ridiculous, no one could have gotten any enjoyment from that.
My pre-ordered copy has been delivered. So don't waste your time sending me any kind of game invites for the next couple of weeks
Quote from Dajmin :My pre-ordered copy has been delivered. So don't waste your time sending me any kind of game invites for the next couple of weeks

it doesn't take that long, i've basically finished game with 3-4 days (i think), put i prefer to hang around on galaxy to gather stuff and lure Miranda to bed finally...
Mass effect 1 is a lot better.

2 gets boring played like a hour of it and gave up.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Mass effect 1 is a lot better.

You gave it a chance then LOL!!!
Quote from Jordan2007 :

:bigeyes2:

it was vice versa for me (haven't played first though), but the more i played more addicted i got.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Mass effect 1 is a lot better.

You played an hour of an RPG and gave up?
To be honest it sounds a lot like they're looking for reasons not to like it. Every single review says it does what the original did but without the annoying or broken bits. Then again, to already have played 3 or 4 days of a game that's been out for only 2 at the most sounds like they're missing out due to what's been ripped
Like my friend said: "20h of talking, 2h of fighting"

I never liked the first Mass Effect. It sits there on my shelf all lonely and forgotten.

It never appealed to me for some reason. Therefore, I am not excited to the point of peeing in my pants like some other people seem to be about the second one.
RPGs are all about the story though, that's the point. You can't "play the role" and make important game-changing decisions if you just blaze through all of the dialogue without paying attention to it. If you want a shooter you should buy a shooter
I know that. I love Dragon Age Origins and its deep storyline. I love RPG's in general. However, I guess I am just used more to "Mythical old age" worlds if you could say that.
Quote from DevilDare :I know that. I love Dragon Age Origins and its deep storyline. I love RPG's in general. However, I guess I am just used more to "Mythical old age" worlds if you could say that.

you got that right there. I, for example, haven't never liked Mythical old style games/movies, but i tend to love sci-fi(?) like star wars/mass effect/Avatar(movie, game is total rubbish though). It's all based on taste.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You played an hour of an RPG and gave up?

Yep, i couldn't get into it. Wasn't having fun.. So i gave up.

I'm not the sort of person who can wait around for hours on end waiting for it to lead up to something good.
I Don't even play my xbox a lot.

I Play a bit of Call of duty here and there, maybe a bit of Fifa and Fable 2 then i turn it off.
Quote from DevilDare :Like my friend said: "20h of talking, 2h of fighting"

Tell your friend to actually play ME2 then, cause obviously he hasn't played it

On topic - ME2 : same but better. Every bad aspect was fixed, every good aspect has been polished, talking / fighting balance was reset for more shooting, and the shooting itself got a lot better. Less of an RPG, more of a Shooter, but still good. (Better sequel to ME1 than Kotor 2 was to Kotor that's for sure)...

P.S: Only problem for me was - I imported the saves from ME1, it confirmed all my choices in ME1 (council saved, Alenko died), and then in the game I was told opposite things (Ashley died, Council died)... That's just weird :\
Quote from danowat :The inventory system in ME1 was ridiculous, no one could have gotten any enjoyment from that.

I fully agree but it was due to its poor ergonomics.

The weapon dual customization system was not that
thoughtful but still it was fun.
I tell you what, I sure do love having 500 copies of Ablative Coating IV in my inventory and having to delete (convert to omni-gel) them all manually.
Took me around 42 hours to play it till the end (including all the downloadable content (new character Zaed, Normandy crash site etc.).

A great story of course - Nicely told - Nice characters etc.
BUT (for me) the biggest disappointment - there is nothng to drive.
I want my Mako back

Scanning Planets gets really boring after a while and why the hell did I scanned almost 70 % of them if there are not enough things (weapons etc.) to upgrade. Still got from almost everything (Platinum, Palladium etc. 200.000) but nothing left to buy, to upgrade or to explore.

The story really got me and I wanted to know how it ends (couldn't stop playing it.) but the universe map with all these planets suggests that there would be much more (at least more little sidequests) then there really are.

At least I had lots of fun playing it and it was worth waiting for.
Hopefuly ME3 will again have something to drive in it, everything else would be sad.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-
Quote from BBO@BSR :Took me around 42 hours to play it till the end (including all the downloadable content (new character Zaed, Normandy crash site etc.).

A great story of course - Nicely told - Nice characters etc.
BUT (for me) the biggest disappointment - there is nothng to drive.
I want my Mako back

Scanning Planets gets really boring after a while and why the hell did I scanned almost 70 % of them if there are not enough things (weapons etc.) to upgrade. Still got from almost everything (Platinum, Palladium etc. 200.000) but nothing left to buy, to upgrade or to explore.

The story really got me and I wanted to know how it ends (couldn't stop playing it.) but the universe map with all these planets suggests that there would be much more (at least more little sidequests) then there really are.

At least I had lots of fun playing it and it was worth waiting for.
Hopefuly ME3 will again have something to drive in it, everything else would be sad.

Hasn't the game been released less than 24 hours ago?
Quote from squidhead :P.S: Only problem for me was - I imported the saves from ME1, it confirmed all my choices in ME1 (council saved, Alenko died), and then in the game I was told opposite things (Ashley died, Council died)... That's just weird :\

I've noticed that this is only present in dialogue while on the shuttle on the way to the Illusive man for the first time. After that it all works fine. So, false alarm
Quote from Maelstrom :Hasn't the game been released less than 24 hours ago?

sssh,

i've had it since monday

Well, the American version was released on Tuesday so............
Played a couple of hours last night and impressed with how much smoother the whole experience is. No texture pop-in thanks to the loading screens (like them or not as you choose). Much quicker movement and turning speeds to make the shooting parts easier to handle. Commanding your squadmates is a bit more friendly.

And the auto-saving. Praise the lord for vastly improved auto-save points. I did the Archangel mission (no spoilers here, thanks very much) and died only to find it plopped me back down at the last mini-checkpoint even though it hadn't told me it saved. Lovely. And for the first major firefight in the game (for me) it felt nice and epic.

So far the only downside I can see is that I'm starting to think I should've created a spreadsheet
Lmafo
As you probably know ATI had released the 10.1 Catalyst driver, and I saw this morning that ATI had also released a Mass Effect 2 Hotfix graphics driver. This hotfix driver resolves the problem of Anti-aliasing not being available in Mass Effect 2 on CrossFireX configurations.

A hurray for versions released for the press
(they always come early enough to finish tests and reports right in time)
-
(Sir moi 407) DELETED by Sir moi 407

Official Mass Effect 2 Thread
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG