The online racing simulator
LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
Finally got around to trying this...
Wow, lovely piece of work! Thanks
And double-extra brownie points for making the source code available

(Anything special needed to recompile? Haven't tried yet, but I do have the cheapncheerful VS C++ EE already.)
Quote from Neilser :Anything special needed to recompile? Haven't tried yet, but I do have the cheapncheerful VS C++ EE already.

You also need the wxWidgets library (http://www.wxwidgets.org/), version 2.8 or higher. It's free, open source, and it's got pretty good documentation.

VS C++ should work. Some time ago I tried to build LRA with it, and it worked without any problems.
Nice, thanks. Got the lib, will have a go
nice update
Thanks for this great tool!!!

raftor
But, i've a problem.
When exportingdata to CSV, I get some values as text, not numbers. As you can see:
"d","ky3_hl1"
708.5,"172.859665"
709.0,"172.950607"
709.5,"173.042801"

everything seems ok, but the second column is treated as text and not as a number (as it's done with the first one).
I can solve it with a text editor, but... I think it's better to solve the "origin" of the problem. (sorry no VS experience:shrug
Any case, it's a really great tool.

raftor
I have a problem. Track map and driving line do not appear even if I press F6/F7. PTH files are present in LFS/data/smx folder. I dont see any errors or so. What should I do?
Quote from Lounger :I have a problem. Track map and driving line do not appear even if I press F6/F7. PTH files are present in LFS/data/smx folder. I dont see any errors or so. What should I do?

Sent you a reply by PM.
Version 1.1
This version contains a few additions:
  • Driving line pane can show a bitmap image of the track (see screenshot).
  • CSV export options.
  • "Open file" window shows more attributes of laps.
The bitmap images are not included with LRA. They need to be downloaded from the LFS site (by clicking this link). After downloading, the image files must be copied to the subfolder "bitmaps" of the LRA installation.
Attached images
driving_line.png
Attached files
lra_1.1.zip - 1.3 MB - 15349 views
Hi wsinda.
I tested version 1.1, and it works like a charm!!

CSV export works perfectly.

Thanks
raftor
I get an error when trying to download lra_1.1.zip. The file is not downloaded to the end.
Quote from vazzabi :I get an error when trying to download lra_1.1.zip. The file is not downloaded to the end.

That is nothing I can help. Downloading is between the LFS Forum website and your computer. If the download fails, then I expect that downloading other files from the forum will also fail.
Quote from paulgabriel :can anyone help me. i've tryed this program but when i load the racing line it is not sync with the track displayed it seems something is wrong. can anyone help me or explayne what to do? thanks

If "it is not sync" means that the cursor in the driving line pane does not move when you move the mouse over the graphs, then this is intentional. The cursor only moves when you click the mouse in the graphs. You can change this behaviour by selecting the "Auto-scroll" option in the context menu (= right-click menu) in the driving line pane. When this option is on, the cursor will move when you move the mouse.
Telemetry in Real Time
Hi wsinda,

Normally, I race on servers with AONIO, which changes the track each now and then and gives you a few minutes to choose a car and setup it to the new chosen track. Yes, I don't have a sprint setup for each possible track variation, but I do have a pretty good understanding about how to improve the car after reading the telemetry.
How hard, if possible, is to adapt Replay Analyser to generate the graphs in real time on another monitor?
Therefore, I could read it, and fix the problems with my setup.

Thank you

Paulo
Quote from pogliani :How hard, if possible, is to adapt Replay Analyser to generate the graphs in real time on another monitor?

With the current state of LFS that's hardly possible. I have been thinking about a way to connect to LFS using InSim and gather real-time telemetry, but the types of data that InSim offers is limited: no wheel forces, camber, etc. And the sampling frequency may be too low to be useful for analysis.

In any case, it would be a major rewrite of LRA. A better option might be an enhancement of SEVEN.
Not even a shadow
Quote from wsinda :A better option might be an enhancement of SEVEN.

Thank you Wsinda.
I've tried Seven before. It's a good effort, but now, it stands far behind Replay Analyser. You have created a wonderful peace of software. Thank you very much for that.

Paulo
virus on attachement?
when i try to download LRA the Windows block the downloading, saying that the thread has virus. can anyone upload a new one virus free?

Thanks!!!
I have just downloaded it twice:

1.) On my Computer at work with Panda Security - most current version
2.) At home with AntiVir pro (most current update)

There is NO virus in this file.
Quote from Crady :I have just downloaded it twice:

1.) On my Computer at work with Panda Security - most current version
2.) At home with AntiVir pro (most current update)

There is NO virus in this file.

I use windows 7. Even the windows defender block the dowloand:-?? strange if you said that there is no virus. cause the antivirus and the windows 7 defender says there is
Quote from gabriel.i :I use windows 7. Even the windows defender block the dowloand:-?? strange if you said that there is no virus. cause the antivirus and the windows 7 defender says there is

[A bit late to reply. Been on vacation.]

Does it tell you the name of the virus?
Or does it block he download because there is an executable (.exe) file in the download?
Quote from wsinda :[A bit late to reply. Been on vacation.]

Does it tell you the name of the virus?
Or does it block he download because there is an executable (.exe) file in the download?

it says when i try to download the rar "C:\Users\Iliescu\AppData\Local\Temp\YE73D_xG.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
" and then the antivirus (Nod 32 Smart with license) says New_Heur.virus or something like that
Quote from gabriel.i :it says when i try to download the rar "C:\Users\Iliescu\AppData\Local\Temp\YE73D_xG.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
" and then the antivirus (Nod 32 Smart with license) says New_Heur.virus or something like that

I googled a bit, and found several people complaining about false positives. Apparently, this notification means that NOD32 found patterns in the file that are similar to what viruses have, so it warns that it might be a new variant.

I also ran LRA.exe through the check at virustotal.com, and here are the results. Only NOD32 suspects a virus, all the other virus scanners think the file is OK.

For the explanation of the message from the makers of NOD32: http://www.eset.com/threat-cen ... opedia/glossary/newheurpe
In Program it says under options CSV export settings.

Does that mean i can run the file with motec?

How do i export Csv from here?
Quote from gusep :In Program it says under options CSV export settings.
Does that mean i can run the file with motec?

It's been a while since I looked at it, but AFAIK Motec has a proprietary file format, which is not published.
But I'd like to be proved wrong. Motec is a magnificent piece of software, and if it would accept CSV, then we'd only need to write a RAF-to-CSV converter and then use Motec, without needing any LFS-specific analyser.
Quote : How do i export Csv from here?

In the "Legend" pane, right-click on the file you want to export and choose "Export to CSV" from the menu.
Problem downloading lra_1.1.zip
When I download this file I get a file only 119 KB long that won't unzip. My Windows XP Professional Firewall is disabled and I am using the Norton Security Suite security system. I don't ordinarily have this sort of problem. I downloaded LFS OK for example. I also downloaded and extracted F1perfview OK.

Has anyone any thoughts on what is wrong?

Thank you.

Ted

LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG