The online racing simulator
Global 30 day ban - What's the use?
(99 posts, closed, started )
Quote from pik_d :OK now do this one: America invented the Internet.

De grondslag voor het internet is ARPANET, een in 1969 door ARPA, een dienst van het Amerikaanse ministerie van Defensie, begonnen computernetwerk gebaseerd op packet switching. Men had ingezien dat met deze techniek en de toepassing van wachtrijtheorie en andere technieken voor gedistribueerde netwerken een erg robuust systeem op te zetten was. De term "Internet" werd in 1974 voor het eerst gebruikt in een document van Cerf en zijn manager, Robert Kahn, over TCP.
Op 1 januari 1983 stapte ARPANET over van NCP naar TCP/IP als netwerkprotocol (waarbij IP staat voor Internet Protocol), en daarmee was de geboorte van het internet in haar huidige technische vorm een feit.
Al bestond het vanaf 1984 dus al, Internet werd door het grote publiek echter pas ontdekt in de jaren negentig. In augustus 1991 publiceerden Tim Berners-Lee en Robert Cailliau het World Wide Web-project, nadat zij enige jaren hadden gewerkt aan HTTP en HTML. De eerste webpagina's verschenen bij CERN in Zwitserland, waar zij beiden werkten.
Door de uitvinding en introductie van klikbare aan elkaar gelinkte pagina's (HTML/WWW) heeft Tim Berners-Lee het internet in feite klaar gemaakt voor het grote publiek. Hij wordt daarom ook wel gezien als uitvinder / grondlegger van het huidige internet.
In 1993 werd de Mosaic-webbrowser gepubliceerd, en aan het einde van 1994 werd een groeiende belangstelling voor internet merkbaar. Pizza Hut was in 1994 één van de eerste bedrijven ter wereld die het WWW commercieel inzette door de mogelijkheid te bieden om bestellingen online te doen. In 1996 was het internet algemeen bekend bij het grote publiek, maar werd over het algemeen gebruikt als synoniem voor het World Wide Web.
Err... Does every ban count - vote bans AND bans by an admin? And does the length of a ban 12h or more matter?

EDIT:

And what about a ban I issue after someone left my server?
Quote from Victor :15 bans within the last 30 days actually.

So in theory I can set up 15 hosts and ban someone I don't like from all of them, and they are globally banned?
Or do they actually have to be on the server for the ban to "count"?
Quote from nikka :So in theory I can set up 15 hosts and ban someone I don't like from all of them, and they are globally banned?
Or do they actually have to be on the server for the ban to "count"?

You just gave me an idea
What if you do a ban/unban 15 times in a row in 1 server?
Does that count as 15 times banned too?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What if you do a ban/unban 15 times in a row in 1 server?
Does that count as 15 times banned too?

I wonder the same.
I would be careful as I'd imagine the penalties for abusing the global ban system would be quite severe.
Quote from rockclan :De grondslag voor het internet is ARPANET, een in 1969 door ARPA, een dienst van het Amerikaanse ministerie van Defensie, begonnen computernetwerk gebaseerd op packet switching. Men had ingezien dat met deze techniek en de toepassing van wachtrijtheorie en andere technieken voor gedistribueerde netwerken een erg robuust systeem op te zetten was. De term "Internet" werd in 1974 voor het eerst gebruikt in een document van Cerf en zijn manager, Robert Kahn, over TCP.
Op 1 januari 1983 stapte ARPANET over van NCP naar TCP/IP als netwerkprotocol (waarbij IP staat voor Internet Protocol), en daarmee was de geboorte van het internet in haar huidige technische vorm een feit.
Al bestond het vanaf 1984 dus al, Internet werd door het grote publiek echter pas ontdekt in de jaren negentig. In augustus 1991 publiceerden Tim Berners-Lee en Robert Cailliau het World Wide Web-project, nadat zij enige jaren hadden gewerkt aan HTTP en HTML. De eerste webpagina's verschenen bij CERN in Zwitserland, waar zij beiden werkten.
Door de uitvinding en introductie van klikbare aan elkaar gelinkte pagina's (HTML/WWW) heeft Tim Berners-Lee het internet in feite klaar gemaakt voor het grote publiek. Hij wordt daarom ook wel gezien als uitvinder / grondlegger van het huidige internet.
In 1993 werd de Mosaic-webbrowser gepubliceerd, en aan het einde van 1994 werd een groeiende belangstelling voor internet merkbaar. Pizza Hut was in 1994 één van de eerste bedrijven ter wereld die het WWW commercieel inzette door de mogelijkheid te bieden om bestellingen online te doen. In 1996 was het internet algemeen bekend bij het grote publiek, maar werd over het algemeen gebruikt als synoniem voor het World Wide Web.

Oh. OK.
Haha, all the Brits are pissed off about my comments. No wonder...
Quote from MattsterGT :mate...you have no manners and seem to have a bit of an attitude...i actually really hate you man...you ram ALL the time and swear and dis people so i think you deserve all you get in the mean time...i'm going back to cruise :P

Hey, I know you... You were that dude who always asked everyone 'Who knows what GT means?'. Well, I think I got a little pissed off and said 'Gay Team?'. Well, if that destroyed your life, then...
Troll elsewhere, or you will soon follow shadowww's way.
Quote from menantoll :I would be careful as I'd imagine the penalties for abusing the global ban system would be quite severe.

I was joking about that giving me an idea though.

I don't dislike anyone that bad that I would deliver him a 30 day global ban.
#63 - Jakg
you have to be on the server when you get banned for it to take effect.
#64 - 5haz
Quote from Johnny Mountain :Haha, all the Brits are pissed off about my comments. No wonder...

It's not just the Brits, no one likes you.
Quote from Jakg :you have to be on the server when you get banned for it to take effect.

You know or assume?
(cause I assume so too, but as we all know, assumption is the mother of all.. blueberry muffins, so that ain't worth much)
Quote from 5haz :It's not just the Brits, no one likes you.

Dirty words from a clean girl like you...
#67 - 5haz
I'm proud of the fact I haven't got an STD thankyou.
Just baned Johny Mountain from all our servers.
Quote from Ales_M :Just baned Johny Mountain from all our servers.

I smell racism and hate.
Quote from rockclan :I smell racism and hate.

The only racism is coming from Mr Mountain, using the term Brit in a derogatory fashion.
Quote from Bean0 :The only racism is coming from Mr Mountain, using the term Brit in a derogatory fashion.

I was not particulairy talking about Ales M.

I mean both of the sides (rest vs. Johnny).

Both are acting kind of racist towards each other.
The one insulting Americans on a particular way.
And Johnny insulting the Europeans and Brits in some way.

Please close this thread some Mod, thanks.
Quote from rockclan :I was not particulairy talking about Ales M.

I mean both of the sides (rest vs. Johnny).

This is purely because he is acting like an arsehole, his nationality has nothing to do with it.
Quote from rockclan :Please close this thread some Mod, thanks.

Because you were made to look like a numpty?
Quote from boothy :Because you were made to look like a numpty?

???

That didn't make any sense?
This thread is closed

Global 30 day ban - What's the use?
(99 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG