The online racing simulator
Game laggy
(3 posts, started )
Game laggy
My parent's computer(XP) speed on desktop is ok and the speed of the connection is fast but the whole game is so slowwww that i need to go to the bird's eye view mode to drive!
What can i do to make it faster?
#2 - amp88
What frame rate are you getting when you drive (look at the white text that should be in the top left hand corner of the screen, see the attachment). For smooth gameplay you're looking to keep the FPS at least 30 for the majority of the time. How much does it change when you switch views? How much does it change when you drive alone in single player then when you drive with a few AI drivers on the track?

Can you post the specification of your PC (CPU, graphics card, RAM etc)? LFS is very CPU intensive, so if you have an older machine it will be holding back performance quite a lot.

There are a few things you can do to try and help your frame rate:
  • Decrease screen resolution. Go to Options -> Screen. Select a lower resolution than the current. Try 1024x768 or even 800x600, depending on performance.
  • Decrease graphics quality. Go to Options -> Graphics. Decrease the User LOD, Mirror LOD and Dust LOD. Decrease the next group of options (Draw sky, shadow type etc). Make sure Full scene antialiasing and Texture filtering / AF are set to none. This screenshot shows the minimum graphics settings.
Attached images
fpscounter.JPG
Thanks for the ideas.

Game laggy
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG