The online racing simulator
LfS is to cheap ?
(36 posts, started )
LFS is cheaper than much other big games for PS3 or Wii etc
Quote from NunoMike :I disagree.

No other game in the world requires you to have a G25 or something like it. It's a game, not a race track.

You can have more realism if you want and if you can afford it! The forced cockpit view a totally different thing, but as for to restrictions to use this or that kind of hardware is a complete nonsense...

I drive with a no-FFB wheel. You have it and even get the H-shift and the clutch pedal. So, you get much more fun than me from LFS because you could afford it! In conclusion, feel free to be happy about it, but please don't take away the small bit of fun I get with my simple race wheel.

Well, I said any wheel that has this setup. But I understand you view, it's just that imho I feel that this sim deserves more hardcore gamers with right gear. It gets ruined by the crashers and sunday drivers that really dont care.

But this is just me dreaming, the goals are pretty easy to achive without going into locked down mode for all.

If they get us server side options that really only allowes hardcore simulation, is all good.

Everyone should be enjoying this great simulation.
I think LFS is good value for money

Most other games have a higher price. Besides, LFS can easily be played for many years (because of the updates and the active community).

On the other hand I think the bar is high enough for new users to buy s3 when it comes out. Remember that new users have to pay about £36 to get all the contents. This may seem like a large amount of money for "such an old game". The relatively low price is good to attract new players.

If the developers are ok with the current pricing, let it be. I don't think paying more will speed up development. Though I would be willing to pay more
Quote from blackbird04217 :I think the thread you were referring to was when a comment was made that LFS is too cheap so that just anyone can buy it without caring about what it means to do so.

Indeed this was the thread. Make it expensive would not solve the problem ,because there are people that can not pay only one account and other easy buy 10 of them. S3 should only sold to people that have proved they are able to communicate and behave like adults. With the option to downgrade her stage down to S2 again because her bad behavior. In germany we have the Flensburg Points list, where you have to give back your driver license if you have reached 18 points. Not a cheap amusement
LFS can be very expensive.
yes that was me who said it is too cheap... if you consider how much time you can fill by playing it and how much racing experiences you can have...

I was refering to that everyone can buy S2 and there are a lot of people who dont take it seriosly and spoil the races to those who are trying to drive clean and seriously...maybe it is just me who has bad luck but almost every time I join an empty server to have a practice for a cup race after a few minutes a moron joins...takes BF1 and crashes into me full speed first time we meet on the track...it really pisses me off and I can never understand why those people buy S2...at least they help devs with funding
I was thinking about buying S2 licence for long and it wasnt cheap for me that time but it was the best value for money I can imagine...

btw: thx to all for supporting my opinion... as I see some of you understood my idea very well
Id say its too expensive considering S2 is the same age as the first Forza Motorsport on Xbox 1....
Quote from Foilpact :Id say its too expensive considering S2 is the same age as the first Forza Motorsport on Xbox 1....

You would say that, but S2 has been updated time and again with more content, and will soon have a shiny new tyre physics engine to enhance it further. The Forza Motorsports, has never been updated, only sequels added, each costing way more than LFS S1 and S2 combined.

You're never going to please everybody on here as to whether it's too cheap or not, as the purists tend to not want wreckers and the like, but I think it's great for people who are less fortunate in the financial stakes, because it means they can hop on for the ride, meaning we don't lose any great talent out there!
Quote from Ales_M :It is kinda cheap, for what you get for it. Every big update should be payed imo.

Demo, S1, S2, S3 ( Maybe)

I guess if the devs developed faster or added another member (no im not complaining!) then they'd be able to release new versions quicker, = more money...
Quote from Da Fish :
but I think it's great for people who are less fortunate in the financial stakes, because it means they can hop on for the ride, meaning we don't lose any great talent out there!

that is so true.... +1 for that... i was thinking about rich morons getting S2 but never thought of those having less money but great talent...
A bargin
Its a bargin for what you get, These forums, lfs world, league's good cars and generally good fun. and I'm on a low income so its

LfS is to cheap ?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG