The online racing simulator
USA LFS Meet?
(59 posts, started )
id be turning 15 in july
New york would be lovely. Poll thread? And See who wins, Put In PM to me and Ill sort them And make a poll of top 3.

But buffalo would be nice, but outskrits of the city might make it easier for people to get to. But what you guys think Ill try a poll.
what are the options, has anybody done research? what exactly is there for places we could rent out? what are the best places for opurtunity, and price, also location.

New York sounds pretty good for most, but may not be the best overall....if there is a option for boston, i would say yes, but new york might be the most wanted....also policies, i know there are atleast 2 of us who are under 18, and even 16, so we also want racing action. if we cant get racing action then i probably wont come unless it is very local
Boston sounds cool. So Ive heard, Boston, Texas, New york, Indianapolis, Vagas. That sounds about 5 good ones. What about we narrow it from there.

Edit, Id like NY, Vegas or Indy.
i vote boston, or new york personally....if i can only vote one then idk....

new york will be better, but boston is closer
NY does have cheap airfare. And offers amenities, like hotels. So NY would be my 1st for sure.
its also central am i right? (i failed geography :razz

it will have alot of attractions as well, along with more tracks and such most likely
Quote from greg_slideways :That track would work great! So there in July?? If you like the track all we need to do is a date?? And then have signups..

What? July? The Indy 500 is at the end of May.
Quote from tmehlinger :What? July? The Indy 500 is at the end of May.

We dont want crowds like that to contend with.
His point of mentioning the Indy 500 was because the thought that some people from the community go to the Indy 500, and that it would attract more people to travel to meet with a group where it is a large event, still has to do with racing; Then after the Indy 500 go rent that track for a few hours, if possible, and have a general good time.
I've never been but I've heard good things about V17.
I say we all take inspiration from Blackbird and hike to the meet, wherever it is.
Quote from blackbird04217 :His point of mentioning the Indy 500 was because the thought that some people from the community go to the Indy 500, and that it would attract more people to travel to meet with a group where it is a large event, still has to do with racing; Then after the Indy 500 go rent that track for a few hours, if possible, and have a general good time.

Exactly. If we were in Belgium, it would be okay to just pick a place and go whenever. There are very, very few of us who can just buy plane tickets and hotel rooms on a whim to spend a weekend at some go-kart track 1500 miles away. The "don't worry about distance argument" is ridiculous... we need to already be in the same place or forget about it. It doesn't have to be the Indy 500, that's just one suggestion. However, arbitrarily picking New York (one of the most expensive cities in the world, mind you) isn't going to work for more than a couple people.
Quote from logitekg25 :im 14, so i dont know if i'll be wanted there though :hide:

What a silly thing to say.

Of course you're not wanted, regardless of your age
Quote from Forbin :I've never been but I've heard good things about V17.

V17 is OK. The karts are battery powered. I haven't been there in a long time. If you go there often it gets expensive - but I guess it's the same with any of those karting places. I've heard GPNY is much better but I've never been there.
Quote from Danke :I say we all take inspiration from Blackbird and hike to the meet, wherever it is.

Ahaha ha ha ha. Umm, or not. At least I will be driving. You should take inspiration in my trip and do something like it but after walking 2200+ miles I think you'd say walking is now gone. (TBH I am guilty of going out for a hike since I finished mine, and I hope that I maintain this healthy habit).

Although as far as what BigTime was saying I thinking it would be loads of fun to attend an endurance race with a bunch of you guys! But I also think, like I said above that some form of event would be a good thing for this meet to start with so that there is more than just a karting day or something; due to cost and distance of traveling.
Quote from blackbird04217 :
Although as far as what BigTime was saying I thinking it would be loads of fun to attend an endurance race with a bunch of you guys! But I also think, like I said above that some form of event would be a good thing for this meet to start with so that there is more than just a karting day or something; due to cost and distance of traveling.

I tried to think of some events we could plan around, here's a short list:
  • 30 May, Indy 500
  • 5 June, IRL at Texas - proximity to a major airport
  • 13 June, Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal is a very cool place to visit
  • 2 October, Petit Le Mans, Road Atlanta - BigTime alluded to this, major motorsport event near another major airport
Quote from chanoman315 :Texas! do it in Texas!

- Alerts Border Control-

"We have a possible Chanoman attempting to hop the border"
Anyways I can't afford a plane ticket so scratch anything west of INDY off... anyways prolly wont go... dont need to hang out with a bunch of you nerds :P
Quote from Bmxtwins :- Alerts Border Control-

"We have a possible Chanoman attempting to hop the border"

I can hop the border legally, if your comment was racist against all those immigrants and Mexicans that cross illegaly **** off
I said Texas because in 2 hours I'm there, in 7 I'm in Austin ...
ok guys, i think what somebody needs to do, or all of us, need to find places of interest, or places that we might want to go to for the meet.

so we all do a little research and find nice carting places that they would not mind going then we have a few rounds of voting
Ok, So the thread has seem to slow down eh? But So I am highly interested maybe we should start a poll thread and ask where youd like to go? Considering USA is a lot bigger then Europe maybe we can have a west coast and east coast meet? Just a thought.
thats a pretty good idea....i know some of us dont have licences, but maybe we can schedule a car race, like we race the car we came in (keep it fair with daily driver cars )

and maybe we can schedle it like in the morning there are the kart races, then the car races just a thought

USA LFS Meet?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG