The online racing simulator
USA LFS Meet?
(59 posts, started )
USA LFS Meet?
Ok, so it seems that over the pond they seem to have a day planned to meet up and do a little bit of kart racing. Why not us Americans do the same? If you'd be interested let me know maybe we could get a USA meet. I would deffintley enjoy this. Anyone with me?
I love this idea, always wanted to see USA and get to know the people over there (I heard they're different).

As long as someone buys me a flight ticket *return not necessary*, I'll be there
I'm potentially interested. But US is really big. Where and when?

Does it have to be karts? I heard some where you can rent midgits for some short track dirt racing...don't know how accurate that statement is though LOL
Id rather kart race myself. I am not a big fan of dirt tracks... But Maybe somewhere in Central USA (Kansas). Probably around july would work nicely for most id think It is the summer and all.
im down...california driver here
If it's in Vegas, I'm in.
#7 - th84
I would possibly be interested. Kansas maybe a bit of a stretch, though.
Quote from th84 :I would possibly be interested. Kansas maybe a bit of a stretch, though.

More Kansas here... Sadler's in Olathe is a pretty good indoor karting facility. Plus it's smack in the middle of the country.
The problem with doing this is the amount of space between people in the US.

Maine, Kansas, California, Washington, Florida, New York

All states on opposite ends from each other, and all states where I know someone in LFS. It is an extremely long way for people to travel.
Don't worry about the distance. I flew to the states and went golfing with guys whom I met through on line Golf. Had a great time, meeting new people, seeing new cultures etc.

I went to the first UK LFS Kart meet, It was great, everything/ everybody was spot on.

If you want to do it, you will. You just need a strong minded individual to organise it, and your away.

Go for it.

Make it an attractive enough event, and you never know who might turn up???
I never said it couldn't be done, but with the greater distances it is more of a challenge and the event has more challenges. It certainly is not impossible, but like the above post it needs to be well organized.
Another suggestion... I'd be willing to bet at least a few of us go to the Indy 500 every year. How many people could do that? There's a pretty good karting place on the north side of Indianapolis.

http://www.fastimesindoorkarting.com/index.shtml

It's certainly going to be busy around the 500 weekend. If we could get enough people available and willing to chip in the money, we could rent it out for an hour or two and have it all to ourselves.
That track would work great! So there in July?? If you like the track all we need to do is a date?? And then have signups..
Think we could do this during the firefighter convention in indianapolis this summer? That way parents wont have to make 2 trips there in july? Maybe theyd let me go ... anyways Im from CT so new york wouldnt be bad,
The size of the US isn't really that relevant. If purchased 15 days in advance, you can just about get a ticket to anywhere in the US for about $200.00. Flights to cities with a hub, like Houston, are even cheaper. Flights to Vegas are always cheap.
Quote from blackbird04217 :
Maine, Kansas, California, Washington, Florida, New York

You forgot Hawaii

Anyways, Indy sounds good actually. I'll have to see if I'm able to go as I might be in Taiwan this summer. But more likely than not I can be there
I thought you were in New York for college? Hence; New York.
Quote from blackbird04217 :I thought you were in New York for college? Hence; New York.

Yeah, but during the winter and summer I'll be in Hawaii as I dont have a permanent residence in New York outside of my dorm.
Do it in Buffalo.
Quote from th84 :I would possibly be interested. Kansas maybe a bit of a stretch, though.

If he's going, count me out!

(J/K, or am I??????)
umm, well i kinda doubt i will go, as i have no kart, but want to get started in racing.

so if i can rent a kart, and there is a location somewhat close to massachusetts, then i can try

im 14, so i dont know if i'll be wanted there though :hide:

i can convince my dad to take a weekend or something off, as longa as there will be some drinks and a good time, and my mom will probably come for the ride...

also, July 20 is my birthday so maybe that can be their motivation to go
Texas! do it in Texas!
Quote from logitekg25 :umm, well i kinda doubt i will go, as i have no kart, but want to get started in racing.

so if i can rent a kart, and there is a location somewhat close to massachusetts, then i can try

im 14, so i dont know if i'll be wanted there though :hide:

i can convince my dad to take a weekend or something off, as longa as there will be some drinks and a good time, and my mom will probably come for the ride...

also, July 20 is my birthday so maybe that can be their motivation to go

Heh in same boat as you, never done any real racing since it seems like it costs you an arm and a leg (or rich parents) to get into it. In MA as well but the only karting events I'm aware of are F1 Boston which are mainly for rich companies that do team building haha.

edit: this would seem perfect for the meet though, but have to be 18 w/ license. http://www.f1boston.com/privat ... events_racing_formats.asp

Quote :Private Le-Mans Endurance Racing – The Ultimate!

If you have a large group – for team building...for client entertainment... for the social event of the season (or the year!) – nothing beats a private Endurance Race. It's the ultimate test of a driver's abilities and power. Groups are divided into teams, with each team racing their own kart for the entire event. Following the safety briefing, the first driver for each team races. Teams pit to refuel and change drivers as they choose, ensuring all team members the opportunity to drive. The goal: to complete the most laps in the allotted time. This format is perfect for experienced racers ready to test themselves in races of an hour or longer. But even a novice will thrill to the challenge of pushing himself – or herself – to the limit.

hmm, licence :hyper:

anyways, i wont come if im not wanted being 14 and all my dad will come, and hes fun, and knows his fair share about cars

the driving isnt too bad, we have a semi-econo car, and if its too far then count me out, but we have driven to canade past new york, so that far is about good i suppose
i would be 15 in july :/

USA LFS Meet?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG