The online racing simulator
Blackwood Race Report
Welcome to the first round of the Road Race Summer Cup, a league for the
Raceabout and FZ50, today we visit the old favorite that is Blackwood GP, today the wind is blowing and its cloudy, almost typical British summer weather with the exception of the rain, maybe in S3 .

After the qualifying, we see the top end of the grid is very tight, not sure how tight it was, because someone (me) forgot to make a note of the times, opps, anyway I know for sure that two of our top driver's had identical superpole times, something you don't see very often.

Race start, we have Paps on pole, with Vince and Sinbad close behind, everyone gets away cleanly, paps has a slight sideways moment in T1 and allows Sinbad to get along side him, Octane takes a wide line in T1, and has a tangle with the bollards, scattering them in all directions, but he carries on regardless.

Still in T1, Ant(UK) comes into T1, and locks up, he catches Vain on his rear quarter and sends him sideways, Vain drops to the back, but being a gentleman Ant(UK) waits for him to pass, what a nice chap!!.

Back up with the front runners, the top 5 are all very close, jostling for
position, sinbad gets a good line on paps into T2, with Vince in his very fast FZ50 just behind, they are 3 abreast into T2, Vince has to brake his heavy FZ50 first, but gets the better line, he emerges in 1st place.

Still on lap 1, the top 5 are still very close together, sinbad gets a bit wide
on the exit of T5 and takes too the grass, paps uses this advantage to claim his place, with Misko now within sniffing range of sinbads tail.
At the end of lap 1 Vince is leading, with paps, sinbad and mikso close behind, with the next 3 drivers all under a second behind the leader, this is going to be a close race

Lap 2, T1, Misko gets a good run up the inside of sinbad, and makes it stick to claim 3rd place, close behind the top 4, jojo, hannu, noghost and C.Brown are continually changing places, its very difficult to keep up with what place they are in because of the jostling for position, by the end of lap 2 the top 5 are unchanged, but Vince is putting in a stormer in his FZ50, generally considered as the slower of the two cars.

Lap 3, and the top 4 drivers are starting to pull away from the rest of the field, behind them jojo and C.Brown are pushing for 5th, changing places as we storm down the Blackwood straight, by the end of lap 3, Vince is now over 2 seconds ahead of paps, paps is going to have to go some to catch him is seems.

By the end of lap 3, Vince has now increased his lead by another second, he really seems in control of the heavy FZ50, and the nimble Raceabouts behind him are struggling to keep up.

Onto lap 5, and the gap between the top two is dropping, paps is starting to close up on Vince, can he get close enough to stick a pass on him?.

By lap 8 the running order for the top 5 is unchanged, but further behind the top 5 there are battles going on for places, hannu and noghost have both managed to get past C.Brown, and noghost is looking for a chance to get past hannu.

Lap 9 and sinbad is closing fast on Misko, but can't seem to get close enough to catch a draft from him, and is still behind him into lap 10.

Still on lap 10, and back in 12th place, Bo Kristiansen is trying to hold off Octane, but Octane can't get close enough to him to make a passing move.

On lap 11 sinbad finally manages to pass Misko with a nice passing move down the inside of T1.

By the beginning of lap 13 Vince has now stretched out a 5 second lead over paps, at this point in the race Vince looks unstoppable, but the FZ50 is a tricky car and takes a lot of concentration to keep on the track, can he keep his concentration for the last 9 laps?.

Meanwhile lower down the race order hannu has made a move on jojo to take 5th place, and Pilot has gone up to 11th by getting past both Bo Kristiansen and Octane.

Lap 15, and Bo Kristiansen spins at T1, he's not having much luck today it seems, but this is good for Octane as he take this chance to claim 12th place, r4ptor also manages to get past Bo before he gets back on track to take 13th.

Still in lap 15, and the top 4 have pegged out at least an 8 second lead on the rest of the field, these top runners are going to be hard to match throughout the season, but its early days and lots can happen over the course of a season.

Lap 17, and the leader of the race, Vince, is catching a back marker, bozo, he pulls over to let Vince past, a nice move, which seems to be the tone for the whole race, although bozo is running in last, if he finishes he is guaranteed points due the racers who have disconnected.

Oh no!!!, shock horror, still on lap 17, Vince comes blasting down the Blackwood straight, but he misses his braking point and the car ploughs on into the kitty litter, he is going to kick himself, after 16 laps of great driving, one slip up ruins his chance of coming first, he slips and slides his way out of the litter, but its not enough, and paps grabs the chance with both hands to take first, he isn’t going to give it up in a hurry either.

Vince looks shaken after his off track excursion, and sinbad is now nipping at his heels, towards the end of lap 17, sinbad takes the chance to grab second, but there is a slight coming together of them both, and they both get a little sideways, but sinbad has smelt blood and is gunning for Vince and his second place.

The little sideways moment from sinbad has allowed Misko to catch up, and now both are pushing hard, down the start/finish straight into lap 18, sinbad and Misko are side-by-side, Misko has the bad line into T1, sinbad is still in third by the Blackwood straight, but Misko has the better line out of the chicane and uses this to pull past sinbad on the straight.

Sinbad clearly inst happy at losing 3rd place, and is going to try his hardest to get it back, as the two are bumper to bumper throughout lap 18.

Into lap 19, and sinbad and Misko are battling hard for 3rd place, sinbad gets the run on Misko up into T1, but has the outside line, can he make the past stick?, yes, he can, top notch racing from these two!!!.

Lap 20, and the battle between sinbad and Misko for third is still raging hard, Vince is still in second after his little off track experience, and paps is running hard in first, with a 5 second gap.

Back towards the tail end of the pack, Bo Kristiansen is having problems with his tyres it seems, his car is very tail happy, and he is struggling to keep it in a straight line, he loses it after the chicane, which allows
danowat to claim 15th from him, Bo may need to look at his setup before the next race, and try to keep those tyres cool.

Into the last lap, the top 4 are still the same, paps seems to have this in the bag, but it's not over till the checkered flag falls.

It's all over, paps has taken it, and has the fastest lap, Vince will be kicking himself after losing first, he should have had it after such a good run, but that’s racing, sinbad and Misko had a great fight for third, but sinbad came out on top, these top 4 are going to be tough to beat, as they are around 8 seconds faster than the nearest challenger over the race distance.

The whole grid can give themselves a pat on the back, they all did exceptionally well, and it was a very clean and enjoyable race, the FZ50 drivers might want to have a look under Vince's bonnet as he is a bit faster than the rest of them, with only noghost coming close.

Round 2 takes the grid to South City, this is going to be a tough race due to the nature of the track and cars, will Vince claim back his first from paps?, will sinbad and Misko be battling it out again?, only time will tell.

See you all in 2 weeks .

RRSC Media.
Nice review! Thanks again Dan
Very nice and detailed race report.

But you seem to have missed my most shocking moment : when i spun in T1 of last lap and was afraid of losing a position.

It was a very nice and clean race, looking forward to next one.
Yeah, there was probably quite a lot I missed out, trouble is there was so much action in the whole race I could have gone on and on for ages!!!!.

Still, it gives people some impression of how the race went, and what a race it was

Roll on SO Long (it's a trial in the FZ50 )

Dan,
#5 - Vain
Very nice report. I really like the idea!
Now I would've loved to finish that race instead of being angry at my FFB-shifter until the night. I still have no clue why I wasn't able to put it into any gear... And yes, I'm still angry about that!

Vain
nice review

I did crap.
- I was so good at RAC before the patch, but now I just suck.
#7 - Bean0
Great write-up.

It certainly was intense at times, hopefully more of the same to come.
#8 - bozo
Quote from danowat :RRSC Media.

Nice report, notably from a new media organisation that I'm sure we'll hear more from in the coming weeks and months.

It was a great race, even for me with my lousy setup and even worse driver. My highlight was a new pb, some 3 seconds off the pace of others :|

Thanks to Vain, who kindly waited for me to recover after tapping me around in turn 1 in the middle of the race.

I kept well out of the way when being lapped, as my priority was finishing by that stage; being miles behind the next driver. Hopefully I'll be a little higher up the order at South City ...

Thanks for organising the event Dan.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#9 - Misko
Wow, great report Dan. This is kind of thing that makes a league special. Thank you for taking your time to do it.

A few pics from lap one...
Attached images
rssc1-1.JPG
rssc1-2.JPG
rssc1-5.JPG
thats one very cool report nice job mate
i enjoyed
and thx to Vince i made it home 1st THANK YOU VINCE
It looks like it was an awesome race!!! Nice job Paps and Vince

Really neat to see the RAC and FZ battling it out. LX6 is in a class of its own.
Nice report!!

The first lap was good, could come to 1st place at the end off straight..
Then it went all good for 16 laps, but then there was lap 17 and i decided to take Gti brakepoint afterstraightillepall...Didnt work really went in the sand and took me some time to get out and had to fight that lap to keep sinbad off my ass for 2nd place. Great first race and looking forward to the other races..

Thanks to the organizers and Grats to Paps...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG