The online racing simulator
Autosport International '10
(14 posts, started )
Didn't see a thread on this yet so I thought I might as well stick one open. Anyone planning on going this weekend? Fairly sure I'll be there on the Saturday but not 100% yet.
was meant be going what my other thread was about but dad has sort of run out of cash really pissed
#3 - ajp71
Will be going Thursday maybe Friday as well.

Edit: ticket taken
Can't decide whether to go or not. Been before, which was nice the first couple of times. But each year has 99% of the same racing stuff, and just more and more chavvy bling (like stupid wheels, or things with pointless LEDs in them). If I wanted to go to something that moronic I'd have a frontal lobotomy.
#5 - 5haz
Been the last 2 years, probrably not this year. Its a lot more interesting if you're there for a reason rather than just walking round.
#6 - Tiaqo
Going today, Friday. Hoping it will be good
#7 - ajp71
I went on Thursday, didn't bother going back today. Some big names were missing from the show this year, notably Prodrive. The trade hall was a lot smaller than it has been in previous years, from what people were saying it seems that they didn't offer stands at reduced rates to try and fill it at the last minute like they did last year. The main public stands were rather pitiful with none of the F1 teams and very few other major teams having their usual large promotional stands. The F1 and WRC cars were parked up like they were on a parking lot.

Sadly I think Autosport has shot itself in the foot charging too much for stands I can't see many members of the public coming back next year and the trade shows integrity must be hurt by some of the big engineering companies choosing not to have stands, even on the trade days.
Charging the exhibitors too much for the stands, and the public too much for car parking.

I didn't go, but my brother and father did - by both accounts it was slightly less of a chav fest than before. Fewer moron companies selling chrome wheels or lowering kits. So maybe pricing the morons out of the market will be a good thing in the end.
Quote from tristancliffe :Charging the exhibitors too much for the stands, and the public too much for car parking.

Yeap, I made exactly the same mistake as I did last year by paying for parking when I went in, thinking I'd avoid the queues on the way out and then leaving the show so late there was no attendant taking tickets/payment :doh:

Quote :
I didn't go, but my brother and father did - by both accounts it was slightly less of a chav fest than before. Fewer moron companies selling chrome wheels or lowering kits. So maybe pricing the morons out of the market will be a good thing in the end.

The Pistonheads hall was pretty much just a car park full of the usual badly modified highly polished cars.
Hmm :/ Only ever been like once and i was like 9.

Hopefully they will let me have my car up there next year.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Hmm :/ Only ever been like once and i was like 9.

Hopefully they will let me have my car up there next year.

ooooooooooo get you
I went and it was pretty awesome, yes it was cut down quite a lot from the last time I went though, but still a good day out.
I went as a friend had some free tickets. There was a noticeable increase in sim racing around the place. 5 or 6 stands running static cockpits + iRacing were there.(i got a free cap) Also a company with a whole group of rigs setup 3 triple screen rigs up front flanked by 4 single screen rigs allowing seven player racing action for the public to watch & have a go.

Various fast lap competitions with decent prizes. one being a trip to a 24hr race in the states. I also witnessed a beast of a motion simulator, which moved a driving platform via three enormous hydraulic rams, this thing was huge. You could have put a house on top of that thing & it would have kept on going. Unfortunately the queuing was disorganized & my frequent visits did not yield results.

i will put a few pics up later

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG