The online racing simulator
Money
(31 posts, started )
Haha, I can see where the vet was coming from though! <3 camo
At the rate we are literally printing money in the UK at the moment soon it will literally be worthless. Money, as in printed money with not tied to anything like gold, has no inherent value and because of this is very easily manipulated by the men printing it (inflation). You can't print gold for example which means historically a much sounder currency to trade with. The dollar has only been off the gold standard for 40 years or so now.

However people that state "money doesn't mean anything to me" aren't seeing the full picture. As unfortunate as it is we are stuck with a fiat currency but if you just change the perception of how you approach money it can help a tad.

Becky, you want to go racing but have a moral objection to money. Why not think of money as a store of your effort and value. For example I am sure if Palmer Motorsport said work with us for 6 months and u can do a year of Formula Palmer Audi. You'd do it without question!

You put in effort and value and you see a return. Forget about the money. Just see the effort and value that money 'stores'. You may as well make the most of it while it lasts because we've printed quite a lot...
Think of it this way.

Would you rather be poor and happy?

Or.

Would you rather be rich and happy?

Success: Being rich does not automatically mean you are going to be unhappy.
Quote from Intrepid :However people that state "money doesn't mean anything to me" aren't seeing the full picture. As unfortunate as it is we are stuck with a fiat currency but if you just change the perception of how you approach money it can help a tad.

Becky, you want to go racing but have a moral objection to money. Why not think of money as a store of your effort and value. For example I am sure if Palmer Motorsport said work with us for 6 months and u can do a year of Formula Palmer Audi. You'd do it without question!

You put in effort and value and you see a return. Forget about the money. Just see the effort and value that money 'stores'. You may as well make the most of it while it lasts because we've printed quite a lot...

huh!? No sorry you missunderstood me so I shall attempt to clarify. Disclaimer: I just woke up and am still in bed half asleep...

I have no moral objection to money. I have a moral objection to doing the things I would have to do to raise the money to race. I only know how to do a few things and none of them leave me with a 3 digit surplus in my salary at the end of the year, let alone a month. I don't earn anything like enough to race.

As I can't do racing - I've no collateral to put up, just a fridge freezer and a broken laptop and a company car - I'm left not giving a damn how much money I have provided I'm not on the street begging.
Money is a funny thing. It's just one of the great fictions the world as a whole has subscribed to, much like religion.
I for one don't care for money (and I am not rich. ATM, I would even suggets that I'm rather poor, at least relatively).

Still, money is what keeps the world turn round, so I have to play by the rules. But I am no less happy when I have little money than when I have more of it. At least as long as I can afford the luxury of having a roof over my head and a meal every day.
Quote from CSU1 :...a high quality of life is attainable with or without so imo, no.

I wanna live where you live.

Money
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG