The online racing simulator
What happened to this game?
(38 posts, started )
I have just connected to master server to race on some decent tbo server to check out my new tbo and gtr sounds. And what? 3 servers with tbo - 1 drift, 2 with ranking systems, and people telling me I have to work for faster cars. The same thing with gtrs. I am here from 2004 and I get very disappointed with that I cant really race online. Plus there are 32 xfg/uf1 servers. pfff...

Come on! WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME? Are you people trying to kill the game with those ranking systems not allowing people to race online on the combos they like?
I share your pain, it's bottersome to allways have to collect ranking points to drive fun cars on good servers. My advice is to try out the emty servers, maybe someone tags alone and joins the fun. I'm all up for a TBO race (with limited FXO, that damn car is too fast for it's class).
Quote from JPeace :nothing happened.

Ranking happend.

Yes, it's fun to have 1-2 servers of it, but having more than half of the servers with it (wild guessing, but many) is not much of a fun. Some plain 5 laps TBO racing would be great.
IMO, the main problem is that an average server only lasts 6-9 months, before having interrest drops that put it in the empty hosts list for the rest of its life. So you can't really work to get a car for good - as you know that the server might actually pass off sooner than everyone expect.

Pure "plug n play" servers aren't the best ideas either most of the time, as you need a minimum of experience to keep an XRR on the road, and working on a license with a smaller car ensure you're good enough to take up bigger challenges.
Quote from AndRand :I have just connected to master server to race on some decent tbo server to check out my new tbo and gtr sounds. And what? 3 servers with tbo - 1 drift, 2 with ranking systems, and people telling me I have to work for faster cars. The same thing with gtrs. I am here from 2004 and I get very disappointed with that I cant really race online.

Come on! WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME? Are you people trying to kill the game with those ranking systems not allowing people to race online on the combos they like?

There are more than enough servers with TBO with a varity of combos... just that they're empty

Same goes for the rest of the classes; enough pick 'n race servers to go around...

Majority of the people are in the servers with the ranking systems. No one is forcing them to race there...

Maybe round up some of your mates, pick a server (without a ranking system, god forbid) and get racing?
Quote from Silverracer :T
Majority of the people are in the servers with the ranking systems. No one is forcing them to race there...

yep, noone forces them... but at the same time something disencourages those that dont want to spend time over and over to "unlock" cars.

Still average 500 ppl online... mostly xrg/xfg, private servers...
Quote from The Very End :Yes, it's fun to have 1-2 servers of it, but having more than half of the servers with it (wild guessing, but many) is not much of a fun. Some plain 5 laps TBO racing would be great.

Maybe you should stop guessing.

I can only think of 3 servers/server groups with a ranking system atm: IHR, Level and LR.

I am pretty sure that, as SIlverracer already said, there are more than enough empty servers with TBOs enabled. The TBO lovers could just go to one of them and race there. To blame the server owners for having a ranking system is wrong. IMO.
#8 - bbman
Quote from zeugnimod :I am pretty sure that, as SIlverracer already said, there are more than enough empty servers with TBOs enabled. The TBO lovers could just go to one of them and race there. To blame the server owners for having a ranking system is wrong. IMO.

You're right, the people are to blame - they just can't get over CTRA...
#9 - VoiD
Problem is: Nowadays most of those pick-up-"ricers" are just TBO-wannabe´s...

I´m a TBO-addict too, but (honestly) I stay away from public-(TBO)racing since many months.
It´s just too frustrating to see the same misstakes over and over and over and over (and over!) again. Many of them can´t handle tyre-temps, are divebomb-happy (deliberate or not) or just can´t race door-by-door without any contacts...

Look at TBOC e.g. .... 65272 drivers signed but only 10 drivers got a decent (< 60.00 minutes) pb on those tracks...
Quote from AndRand :Come on! WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME? Are you people trying to kill the game ..

with those thread titles ?
iRacing happened...
I remember a server from mid 2009 that has had only TBO and it was crowded. What happened, It just died...Actually Shi(f)t happened
Quote from Kristi :I remember a server from mid 2009 that has had only TBO and it was crowded. What happened, It just died...Actually Shi(f)t happened

You probably mean RSR. They had their hayday shortly after CTRA closed down; apparently their server was very popular for a while. I guess people just stopped driving there after the "novelty" wore off, like they usually do
Not RSR, I think. It was just plain white name
There was a server with BTCC in the name as well. Was around the same time as the RSR server, IIRC.
Quote from SidiousX :iRacing happened...

You mean the game or online expierience?

There is almost 500 racing online everyday so it is not that bad - apart from that in some classes only few. And still iRacing is couple times more expesive.
Quote from obsolum :You probably mean RSR. They had their hayday shortly after CTRA closed down; apparently their server was very popular for a while. I guess people just stopped driving there after the "novelty" wore off, like they usually do

always were and always will be And did you notice that usually not more than 1-2 at once?
Quote from zeugnimod :There was a server with BTCC in the name as well. Was around the same time as the RSR server, IIRC.

Btcc was yellow if im right
Quote from obsolum :You probably mean RSR. They had their hayday shortly after CTRA closed down; apparently their server was very popular for a while. I guess people just stopped driving there after the "novelty" wore off, like they usually do

that is exactly what happened......the groups just move on to something else.....

makes me wonder what's after IHR.....
It was really BTCC
Quote from zeugnimod :Hopefully VWS or RO.

yeah, but then everyone will complain cuz they only have one real car and one real track....
with empty servers on all combos except VWS+RO
#23 - VoiD
Quote from z-ro 8 :...makes me wonder what's after IHR.....

Stay tuned, maybe there´s something in the pipe
#24 - Dac
Quote from z-ro 8 :yeah, but then everyone will complain cuz they only have one real car and one real track....

The FBM is real

I honestly think once we have some real tracks there'l be a lot more people join just to race on it, and *hopefully* it will encourage the development team to go for more real tracks
Quote from Dac :The FBM is real

I honestly think once we have some real tracks there'l be a lot more people join just to race on it, and *hopefully* it will encourage the development team to go for more real tracks

+BF1
+MRT
+RAC

They are also real cars

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG