The online racing simulator
What happened to this game?
(38 posts, started )
Quote from ATHome :+BF1
+MRT
+RAC

They are also real cars

Yes and you can pretty much call the lx4 and lx6 real cars aswell...

Since they are indeed kit cars... so there is no real guideline as exactly how they should behave or look. I usually pretend i have some sort of bmw 6 cyl in the LX6 and a tuned suzuki swift GTi engine in the LX4

So i count them as IRL cars aswell, since they are in the borderland somehow...
#27 - Dac
Does anybody know just how much work went into making those cars though? Did they pull them apart like in Gran Turismo or just go for CoG, weight, etc?
VWS is the first car so popular that it HAS TO behave EXACTLY like real one.

Having proud "simulator" in the name obliges.

Not so many had experience with BF1, FBM, RAC, while MRT (like LX4-6-8: Lotus S7 - Caterhams replicas) are a class so each behaves differently.
I just came back to LFS after a few year of absense.

What is this ranking-thing you're refering to? Anyone happen to have an URL with info, by any chance?
Try joining the Iron Horse server. If you try to race TBO for example, you will be force in to spec mode and been told you need higher lisence etc.
I see...I was wondering about the points awarded after each race. I guess I was being naive thinking that it was just for show (ie stats or rank).
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Pure "plug n play" servers aren't the best ideas either most of the time, as you need a minimum of experience to keep an XRR on the road, and working on a license with a smaller car ensure you're good enough to take up bigger challenges.

Except that's bullshit. I have more than enough experience to keep a car on track and drive decently, but do I really want to have to prove this on EVERY server I drive on?

Not at all, I don't have time. If I want to drive a RB4.. I want to drive an RB4 with other people in a server. Not mess around with a licencing system for EACH server. I already did a licencing system once, got enough to drive any car I wanted to drive, and I don't think I need to prove it on 3 more servers just to drive.

That's the inherent flaw with all these Lapper setups. When CTRA was around, it was atleast unique, everyone went there for their "points" racing, and had the licence to drive. WHen it died, these clones spawned, each having their own licencing system, and I don't have enough time to drive in 3 different servers, winning/placing enough races to be able to drive a car I want.

The servers need to unify their points, or just ****ing get rid of them. It worked for CTRA, now they're played out, like cruise servers. The first one was a novel idea.. but now that everyone and their donkey has one... They suck.

THAT is what happened, I can't drive a car I want with other people, becuase I haffto grind to be able to do it, anbd I haffto grind in EVERY server.
That's why I never bothered with CTRA - I know I'm capable of driving all the cars at a reasonable pace and usually entirely safely (though I still sometimes cause silly accidents; I'm not immune!). I never understood why I had to prove that.

For me CTRA was one of the worst things to happen to LFS, although I can understand that to the majority it was one of the best.

If I want to prove my ability I'll join a league and 'audition' for it. If I want to have a quick race because I've realised I've got half an hour to spare (which is how I always used to play LFS) then I'd choose a server and join it. Having to prove I was good enough for the FZR for three months so I could join in that half hour didn't appeal.

If people have to prove they're able, then it should be done using the central Licence Test system, not with tests for each server group.
That's sorta how the CTRA was on the right track. Leagues were perfectly able to use the licences to show capability in driving (STCC was going to have a Platinum licence requirement if it came back for a season 2... Other leagues did begin to use the STCC as a recognizable standard of "Oh hai, you can drive")

Once it shut down.. thats where these "points servers" spawned, where every server requeres a licence that isn't central. It's retarded.

More reason why I never fire up LFS. I'd be more enthralled to go hotlap in nKP, becuase atleast there.. I can drive what I want when I want (and still have fun). LFS I never liked hotlapping (I'm not fast, and it always is too easy to drive).. and online I don't want to be stuck to an XRG (even though it is my favourite car).

Someone give me a higher licence, because I know how to drive, and I will drive in your server, but until then, I don't feel the need to prove myself in 300 different servers that I can drive an XRG around a track at a reasonable pace. I have enough laps and KM to drive capably (maybe not fast) to need to show it everywhere I go.
Quote from JPeace :yeah ranking happened but meh. if you dont like it, tbh there is always the empty servers like you said.
i do slightly agree with you both though, it must be a shock to come back on after a while to find that the face of the game has changed. i dont really like it myself, the ranking systems i mean, but im living and playing still because i dont care what systems on the server, just having a fun time racing.

That's not an option you want to race online with people not alone on some server without anyone but you on it.

I also personaly have heavy dislike for ranking systems which wont allow to race XRG or XRT's on So tracks and fe tracks.
Quote from tristancliffe :That's why I never bothered with CTRA - I know I'm capable of driving all the cars at a reasonable pace and usually entirely safely (though I still sometimes cause silly accidents; I'm not immune!). I never understood why I had to prove that.

For me CTRA was one of the worst things to happen to LFS, although I can understand that to the majority it was one of the best.

If I want to prove my ability I'll join a league and 'audition' for it. If I want to have a quick race because I've realised I've got half an hour to spare (which is how I always used to play LFS) then I'd choose a server and join it. Having to prove I was good enough for the FZR for three months so I could join in that half hour didn't appeal.

If people have to prove they're able, then it should be done using the central Licence Test system, not with tests for each server group.

I agree completely - I participated in leagues from may day one here and never had any problems keeping it clean (I maybe overshot a corner on my own), so with that and 1.5 years experience under my belt, I too never felt that I had to prove anything when CTRA started out (ironically right after getting rid of the credit statistics in LfSWorld)...

I never understood why somebody would rather go there for just a shiny stripe in his sig and a place in a completely arbitrary ranking instead of joining a full blown league... Add to that I felt working grinding through one race after another to earn the points to advance to the next higher licence instead of just having fun going fast, CTRA never really appealed to me personally, but I've been the smallest of minorities it seems...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
THAT is what happened, I can't drive a car I want with other people, becuase I haffto grind to be able to do it, anbd I haffto grind in EVERY server.

Quote from tristancliffe :

Welcome aboard!
Please make some positive statements here
Quote from bbman :I never understood why somebody would rather go there for just a shiny stripe in his sig and a place in a completely arbitrary ranking instead of joining a full blown league (...)

I'll just comment on this one sentence. Many people don't have the time to dedicate to a league but still like racing that's a bit more "organized" and maybe gives you a sense of achievement whenever they do have some time to race. For those people there was CTRA

What happened to this game?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG