The online racing simulator
Find me a smartphone!
(105 posts, started )
HTF did T-Mobile charge me £12 for a rolling SIM I never used last month?

I assume activation but...IDK

Still happy with a £20 bill tho
Quote from TiJay :The other phones on the list I made were all brilliant but too expensive and I'm not too convinced about the browsing or MSN Messenger capabilities of the N95...

They are awesome, I can tell you. I usually spend all day with Windows Live Messenger ("the new MSN Messenger") and Opera Mobile open on the background and I never had any problem. When I'm using earphones, I can hear the WLM sound of people calling (same sounds as the PC) and then answer. When I don't want to be disturbed, I just change status to busy.

Writing on the phone is almost as fast as writing on the keyboard, because the phone has got a Predictive text feature that guesses what you are going to write as you write, so, for instance, to write "Hello world." exactly as in the example, all you would have to press is: 435560967531. That is, ONE key press for each letter. 0 being space, and 1 being full stop (if you press it twice, it turns into a emoticom, three times, a longer emoticom, or ..., etc). In other phones that don't have this feature, you would have to press: 4433555(wait 3 secs)555666096667775553 for the exact same sentence. Once you get used to it as I did, you'll write just as fast as you write with the keyboard, and will be able to easily and quickly write with both hands. I for one stay online on WLM on the phone full time when I'm not home, and my friends don't notice any difference because it is actually the full WLM experience on the phone: send and receive files, images, videos, etc just as you would on the PC, and write very fast with the Predictive text feature.

Quote from danthebangerboy :Nice one, wiN95 then!

lol
In fact it does support Windows 3.1, Windows 95, and Windows 98. I had all of them installed on my phone, though I uninstalled Windows 98 and Windows 95 to save space (I only have a 4GB memory card, but I intend to purchase a 16GB one).

Get yourselves ready for a huge post! INCOMING!!
Quote from Velociround :
Writing on the phone is almost as fast as writing on the keyboard, because the phone has got a Predictive text feature that guesses what you are going to write as you write, so, for instance, to write "Hello world." exactly as in the example, all you would have to press is: 435560967531. That is, ONE key press for each letter. 0 being space, and 1 being full stop (if you press it twice, it turns into a emoticom, three times, a longer emoticom, or ..., etc). In other phones that don't have this feature, you would have to press: 4433555(wait 3 secs)555666096667775553 for the exact same sentence. Once you get used to it as I did, you'll write just as fast as you write with the keyboard, and will be able to easily and quickly write with both hands.

Sounds like this feature you're tlaking about is T9, all phones have this you just have to turn it on.
But typing the other way is MUCH faster then T9, as long as your fast at typing.
Quote from Migz :Sounds like this feature you're tlaking about is T9, all phones have this you just have to turn it on.
But typing the other way is MUCH faster then T9, as long as your fast at typing.

The N95 is my first (and until now, only) phone, so please be easy on me, I thought this feature was something very new and innovative or something. I've searched the T9 and yes, it's exactly the same thing. And I still think it's awesome and very fast. At least for me.

I have tried writing on a 5800 Xpress Music and it was very, very slow and fulfilled with typos. It took me 8 failed attempts to finally write "Amanda" correctly. I wrote zmzndz, amz dz, a a dz, etc. And I consider myself the kind of person who can adapt quickly to technology, actually I like it a lot.

Absolutely none of my friends use this T9 feature though. I have seen most of them sending messages and they are very slow at it, on several different phones. That, and they keep asking me "how did you write so much in a SMS so quickly?". May be the reason I thought it was new or something.

By the way, what do you mean by typing the other way? You mean going through all the alphabet, pressing a key several times to get the letter you want? If that's it, I'm terribly slow at it, I write about 5 times faster using T9!
No problem Velociround, if it's your first phone then fair enough

Quote from Velociround :
By the way, what do you mean by typing the other way? You mean going through all the alphabet, pressing a key several times to get the letter you want? If that's it, I'm terribly slow at it, I write about 5 times faster using T9!

Yup, i meant the one where you have to go through the alphabet.
99% of people type incredibly slow with it, but im insane. Whenever my friends see me texting they're like How the fuuuuuuu?
Probably because i know where every single letter is (so i can also type without looking) and i don't wait a few seconds before having to type again, i just press a random letter and delete it quickly.
I'd film myself texting so you could see just how blindingly quick i am but i've gotten a new phone recently and it's touch screen so im still getting used to it :/

Find me a smartphone!
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG