The online racing simulator
Quote from _--NZ--_[HUN] :Exactly, analog is only an illusion. With very little steps it is close to analog but it isn't analog.

I think that digital is only an illusion. There aren't really ones and zeroes in a computer, but rather ranges of voltages used to represent an on/off state. For example, I found a datasheet for an i2c uart (Basically just interfaces two different kinds of serial busses) just as an example. Vdd is the supply voltage to the chip. A high input is defined as 0.7Vdd - 5.5V. Meaning 2.31V-5V for a 3.3V supply voltage. The high and low states are really just logical states given to an analog signal.
Quote from DevilDare :So you're better off with these thread created every 10mins?

Alot of us arent, and we are simply getting sick of this nonsense....

It will be ready when its ready. How hard is it to understand? Moaning wont change a damn thing - So why bother? Please answer; Why bother?!

Seems to me with my vague understanding of the english language that the OP asked a simple question.

Also, seems to me with that same limited grasp of the english language that I possess that it is you that is "moaning".

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/moan?view=uk

moan

verb 1 utter or make a moan. 2 informal complain; grumble.

complain

verb 1 express dissatisfaction or annoyance.

grumble

verb 1 complain or protest in a bad-tempered but muted way

Quote from Ger Roady :The tyre model is analog ,not digital. Digital would be Hot or cold . Analog is with many, many steps between this two circumstances .( like we have now )

Actualy analogue has no steps, (well at least not in the world we inhabit, rather than in the quantum world). So what we have is a digital system.

Digital is not Binary. It is represented numericaly in Binary but is not intrinsically Binary in nature. Digital is the quantised representation of an analogue system. It doesn't matter how many quantisation "steps" you have it remains a digital system. A Binary sytem would be a Digital system with only two states, however CD is another Digital system, but it has 65,534 states. The modern Telephone network is also Digital, this time comprising 255 states.

Analogue is by definition infinitely variable, (again with the caveat of not living in the quantum world).
It always strikes me as a tad ironic when someone claims a thread is meaningless and bad for the forum etc etc by bumping it back to the top of the page.

In answer to the question: No. Still, I'm sure we (the large community) will find plenty wrong in whichever patch is finally released - we always do, so the idea of releasing an incomplete test patch of whatever kind, is not exactly "out there".
Quote from gezmoor :Analogue is by definition infinitely variable, (again with the caveat of not living in the quantum world).

Life is neither digital or analog. Life is, in my opinion, base 1. There's no on/off state, atoms just exist. Their positions can't be quantized, because the universe is relative. Position of atoms is just relative to other atoms. When an atom moves, it's just moving relative to every other atom. You can't really, in my opinion, create a grid of all the atoms that line up perfectly. Anyway, there's so many divisions of atoms below that. What's the smallest particle? Quarks?

Analog is basically a way of saying "digital with as high precision as nature will allow," I suppose.
Quote from JeffR :What I referred to was the current segmented tire model, which isn't realistic either, since real tires are analog not digital.

Ok.We have digital tyres. Any chance to make them analog ?
Quote from gezmoor :...however CD is another Digital system, but it has 65,534 states. The modern Telephone network is also Digital, this time comprising 255 states.

Erm... no, not quite.

The maximum value achievable by an unsigned 16-bit system is 65,535. However, 0 is still state, so there are 65,536 possible states.

Likewise with an unsigned 8-bit system. Max value is 255, number of states is 256.
#59 - e.M
about the reports. devs shouldnt do anymore but they could tell which things are completed from the last report
......nothing.....
Quote from birder :My old boss used to say, "If someone moans to you, always treat it as a compliment."

What he was saying was those who moan/complain have at least taken the time to say something, that they care about your company or product and want to support it, they will tell others about it.

The customers who say nothing are the ones who never come back and they will say bad things about it in private.

People only complain because:

a) They're morons who go ZOMG I WANT MOAR CONTENT?!/1/1?1?
or
b) They actually care about LFS and don't want it to go "down the drain".
Quote from Ger Roady :Digital would be Hot or cold.

What you are describing is binary (two) options but not the definition of a digital system.
I can't believe that we have been running on anologue tyres all this time, will there be a mandatory upgrade to digital tyres i wonder?
Quote from xaotik :What you are describing is binary (two) options but not the definition of a digital system.

No, it is Dual
Quote from j@tko :

People only complain because:

A) they're morons who go zomg i want moar content?!/1/1?1?
Or
b) they actually care about lfs and don't want it to go "down the drain".

ZOMG I WANT MOAR CONTENT!!!

sorry
-
(Sir moi 407) DELETED by Sir moi 407

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG