The online racing simulator
#1 - JeffR
New tire physics without hot or flat spots?
Just wondering if most players would be willing to accept the new tire physics without the hot and flat spot segmented tires, if it meant that the new tire physics could be released sooner.
thanks, no
Quote from JeffR :Just wondering if most players would be willing to accept the new tire physics without the hot and flat spot segmented tires, if it meant that the new tire physics could be released sooner.

You know something we don't? And I would happily wait as I don't have time to play anyway
*Bangs his head against the wall endlesly*

Can the mods/devs update the Forum Rules and put in a like a temporary rule that states "Any new threads about development will results in a infraction".

This is getting beyond stupid. And to answer your question; No. Thats the main reason its taking such a long time, the devs want to get it perfect and make sure everything works as it supposed to before releasing the update.
#5 - Seb66
Quote from DevilDare :Can the mods/devs update the Forum Rules and put in a like a temporary rule that states "Any new threads about development will results in a infraction".

+1
Quote from JeffR :Just wondering if most players would be willing to accept the new tire physics without the hot and flat spot segmented tires, if it meant that the new tire physics could be released sooner.

So your basically asking would we like new updated tyre physics, without any realism, which if you remove flat spots and heat, thats what you are left with.
#7 - Dac
The flat spotting and over heating are crucial parts to the simulator, without those you would lose the motivation to not lock-up. Just I hope the same goes when the damage model is complete it will make more inclined to not make contact
Would you accept a Scirroco without tyres ? Rockingham without finish line, only to get it earlier?
Quote from DevilDare :*Bangs his head against the wall endlesly*

Can the mods/devs update the Forum Rules and put in a like a temporary rule that states "Any new threads about development will results in a infraction".

This is getting beyond stupid. And to answer your question; No. Thats the main reason its taking such a long time, the devs want to get it perfect and make sure everything works as it supposed to before releasing the update.

Hi. Your overreaction makes this forum suck worst every day. Keep it cool please.
Who are you to think what gives infraction or not. I hope no one listen to your words because I don't want a dictatorship forum like you suggest. So, you and your friends please stop telling the mods/devs what to do. Its not the first time..
If you still want to increase your post count, simply reply on topic: No, I don't want a semi-finished physics model.

It's already been released. Try LFS 0.3x!
Quote from tiagolapa :Hi. Your overreaction makes this forum suck worst every day. Keep it cool please.
Who are you to think what gives infraction or not. I hope no one listen to your words because I don't want a dictatorship forum like you suggest. So, you and your friends please stop telling the mods/devs what to do. Its not the first time..
If you still want to increase your post count, simply reply on topic: No, I don't want a semi-finished physics model.

So you're better off with these thread created every 10mins?

Alot of us arent, and we are simply getting sick of this nonsense....

It will be ready when its ready. How hard is it to understand? Moaning wont change a damn thing - So why bother? Please answer; Why bother?!
Quote from DevilDare :Alot of us arent, and we are simply getting sick of this nonsense....

Simply don't click on the thread then?
I'd be happy if they released it right now. I'm sure the bugs can't be much worse than those that you find when crashing into a barrier.
Quote from tristancliffe :It's already been released. Try LFS 0.3x!

Oh the hilarity of the massive plumes of smoke at the end of the Blackwood straight. What memories.
As a test patch? Sure, why not.
#16 - th84
Quote from DevilDare :And to answer your question; No. Thats the main reason its taking such a long time, the devs want to get it perfect and make sure everything works as it supposed to before releasing the update.

What game have you been playing?
Quote from th84 :What game have you been playing?

Nothing get at christmas ?
I'll just wait till it comes. I don't play that more also.

How do you know it takes extra time for the flatspots?
If you dont wanna read it, then dont read it. At least react normal to a question.
Quote from NickC :If you dont wanna read it, then dont read it. At least react normal to a question.

Answering the question wont matter anything, The dev's will take their time.

Too many threads have been made and from the 1st thread the guy has been flamed.

The dev's are surely lining something up big.

When i drove on rockingham it didnt even feel like LFS.. Im thinking the scirroco and physics wont come out alone.
I think that you just turned this into another speculation thread.. But the time will show.
Quote from DevilDare :Alot of us arent, and we are simply getting sick of this nonsense....

You and who?

"A lot of us" are sick of aggressive responses from people like you.
Kev, the new Dalai Lama ?

Quote from DevilDare :It will be ready when its ready.

Boring like 50 same threads, are 50 same phrase answers
Quote from Ger Roady :
Boring like 50 same threads are 50 same phrase answers

And what exactly do you expect?

If you saw 49 threads with the same answer, what on earth would make you think that the 50th time it would be different?

The devs have said it themselves. Yes its annoying, yes it could be faster, but its not. Deal with it.

Go play some other great games out there in the meantime. LFS wont go anywhere....

At the moment there are 5 threads on the first page about development. Probably more if you count the ones that derailed into that topic.... Its stupid. There is absolutely no point for them. It was stated nice and clear - We will release it when we feel like it is good enough. So I will repeat myself again; Why bother...?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG