The online racing simulator
Quote :OUVIRAM DO IPIRANGA AS MARGENS PLÁCIDAS
DE UM POVO HERÓICO O BRADO RETUMBANTE,
E O SOL DA LIBERDADE, EM RAIOS FÚLGIDOS,,
BRILHOU NO CÉU DA PÁTRIA NESSE INSTANTE.
SE O PENHOR DESSA IGUALDADE
CONSEGUIMOS CONQUISTAR COM BRAÇO FORTE,
EM TEU SEIO, Ó LIBERDADE,
DESAFIA O NOSSO PEITO A PRÓPRIA MORTE!

Ó PÁTRIA AMADA,
IDOLATRADA,
SALVE! SALVE!

BRASIL, UM SONHO INTENSO, UM RAIO VÍVIDO
DE AMOR E DE ESPERANÇA À TERRA DESCE,
SE EM TEU FORMOSO CÉU, RISONHO E LÍMPIDO,
A IMAGEM DO CRUZEIRO RESPLANDECE.
GIGANTE PELA PRÓPRIA NATUREZA,
ÉS BELO, ÉS FORTE, IMPÁVIDO COLOSSO,
E O TEU FUTURO ESPELHA ESSA GRANDEZA.

TERRA ADORADA,
ENTRE OUTRAS MIL,
ÉS TU,BRASIL,
Ó PÁTRIA AMADA!
DOS FILHOS DESTE SOLO ÉS MÃE GENTIL,
PÁTRIA AMADA,
BRASIL!

hahaha
try to read alll of this! it's the first part of the brazilian anthem...

i will sing it out loud!!!!!!!!! \o/
[only because H.Luis is racing! haha]
Quote from AstroBoy :This is going to sound outrageous and probably stupid but, how about a national anthem for the broadcast of where the race is?

If the top 3 is civilised enough to get in tight formation for a podium like ceremony, +1
Well since this is a suggestion thread I spit it out here.

I understand the way of rules are setup.
But what I dont get is why are the first 15 from last year automaticly in the first round ?.
Its a bit weird considering since youre saying you want to give everybody a fair change of getting in the iTCC.
You already using up the first 15 spots just by that rule leaving only 15 left for about 100 drivers who signed up.

You also said something about if your fast enough your in.
Well what if there are 30 people in the shootout faster then the first 15 in round already ?.
There are probably faster guys then guys from last year but only 15 of theme eventually progress to the final season.

I aint the fastest around and seeing the competition around I highley doubt if Ill make it.
If you want to do it fair and square let everybody start in the shoot out.
Like I said I propably wont make it to the season but I think it isnt completly fair in mine point of view.

Just mine 2 cents.
I was going to agree with you, but after reading it I noticed it is actually a really good idea. It seems that if you are faster you will work your way into the series rather quickly.

Gives people a reason to try hard aye?
Thanks for your post, Niels.

You make a very good point regarding the 'locked-in' drivers. The answer as to why the championship is structured like it is serves several purposes.

Firstly, by having a set of 15 'locked-in' racers (who are the fastest drivers becuase they have scored the most points) we have continuity from round to round throughout the season. This, along with the ballast rules, leads to the creation of rivalries for positions, whether it be for the title (1st) or a rivalry between the places 10-15 for a top ten position at the season's end.

Secondly, the advantage of being 'locked-in', is a motivating factor to those drivers in places 15-20 of the championship. A good set of results at a round of the iTCC will get them into the top 15, qualifying them automatically for a place at the next round of the iTCC, where they may be able to keep that successful form going and climb the championship table.

Thirdly, the 'locked-in' principe is a loyalty incentive. The good drivers, those who attend the iTCC races round after round, and who consistently score points at each round of the iTCC, are rewarded with a guaranteed place at the next round.

Fourthly, these good drivers in the top 15 (who generally speaking are from well-established teams) face a very stern challenge from any driver in the 30 who race. That means at any round of the iTCC, a rookie, if he is fast enough, can race bumper-to-bumper with a veteran of LFS, providing a new challenge for both rookie and veteran alike.

One of my objectives for the iTCC was to promote new drivers. I wanted to create a league where the LFS veterans could be challenged at every round by fast drivers new to the sport of sim-racing. I'm not sure how many new drivers we saw last year in the iTCC, but we saw some new drivers, and those new drivers had the opportunity to showcase their talents to the established teams, and I hope that has been good for both the drivers and the teams.

I do see the point you make, and I can see how it could be seen as unfair. I, however, don't see it like that. I think the format that we've decided upon is a large part of what makes the iTCC what it is - intense, engaging, and breathless!

Thanks again for the post, Niels - I hope we see you rubbing wheels with the big guns

Cheers

Joe Keaveney
iTCC made my breakthrough, so you what you wanted worked :P
I'm all for the guys in the top 15 of the current season being locked into the next round. It's certainly reasonable. I believe Niels' larger issue is the first round race, with the top 15 from last season already locked in. I think this particular number should be lower. My suggestion is the top 10 racers from last season.

Jonathan
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :Thanks for your post, Niels.

You make a very good point regarding the 'locked-in' drivers. The answer as to why the championship is structured like it is serves several purposes.

Firstly, by having a set of 15 'locked-in' racers (who are the fastest drivers becuase they have scored the most points) we have continuity from round to round throughout the season. This, along with the ballast rules, leads to the creation of rivalries for positions, whether it be for the title (1st) or a rivalry between the places 10-15 for a top ten position at the season's end.

Secondly, the advantage of being 'locked-in', is a motivating factor to those drivers in places 15-20 of the championship. A good set of results at a round of the iTCC will get them into the top 15, qualifying them automatically for a place at the next round of the iTCC, where they may be able to keep that successful form going and climb the championship table.

Thirdly, the 'locked-in' principe is a loyalty incentive. The good drivers, those who attend the iTCC races round after round, and who consistently score points at each round of the iTCC, are rewarded with a guaranteed place at the next round.

Fourthly, these good drivers in the top 15 (who generally speaking are from well-established teams) face a very stern challenge from any driver in the 30 who race. That means at any round of the iTCC, a rookie, if he is fast enough, can race bumper-to-bumper with a veteran of LFS, providing a new challenge for both rookie and veteran alike.

One of my objectives for the iTCC was to promote new drivers. I wanted to create a league where the LFS veterans could be challenged at every round by fast drivers new to the sport of sim-racing. I'm not sure how many new drivers we saw last year in the iTCC, but we saw some new drivers, and those new drivers had the opportunity to showcase their talents to the established teams, and I hope that has been good for both the drivers and the teams.

I do see the point you make, and I can see how it could be seen as unfair. I, however, don't see it like that. I think the format that we've decided upon is a large part of what makes the iTCC what it is - intense, engaging, and breathless!

Thanks again for the post, Niels - I hope we see you rubbing wheels with the big guns

Cheers

Joe Keaveney

Thanks for your answer. It isnt I debatting your rules it feels just a bit unfair to me thats it. I mean, I see the loyalty towards the top 15 from last year. Nothing wrong with that.

But my issue is with the first round starting JayBee hit the nail spot on and thats what I ment. Why do it have to be 15 ?.
I havent seen any serie in Virtual or real life were you are garanteed for next year season. Yes places 1, 2 and 3 but thats normally about it.

And loyalty should be rewarded off course but I just find the number 15 very high with only 30 grid places. Again your rules, nothing wrong but as it is a suggestion thread I would point it out.

I defitnly would like to see myself rubbing wheels with some big guns but its highly unlicky it will happen
Thanks for the suggestion Niels, keep them coming! A healthy discussion about how we run things can only improve iTCC, and for sure, we'll look to you guys for your opinions when we sit down and look at what to do next.

For now, though, as you can see, the largest change in iTCC has been pre-qualifying. I don't forsee any massive changes to the format apart from that for this season, with the season now so close (and therefore planning time is minimal )

I like the national anthems idea (for the winner), but like Jack said, you better get used to hearing either - the Star Spangled Banner - or the William - or Yes, we love this country! - or There is a lovely land, as I think these will be most likely the nations from which the winning drivers come. (USA,NED,NOR,DEN just so you know). I'll go find the MP3s now

Cheers guys!

Joe Keaveney
I hate prequalifying with hotlapping (well hotlapping in genearal), but if you have descided to run it like that there's no meaning to moan about it.
With over 100 drivers many are going to be dissapointed they are not allowed to race allthough me and others will practise a lot.
Is there a posibility to race with two servers? Top five in the second server will swap with the bottom five in the first server after each Round? I realise there will be problems how to count for the championship, but you guys find something clever out I'm sure ...
About the pre-qualify, are the fastest laps going to be revised in any way? I mean, it is fairly simple to go to the server with a teamate and bumpdraft your way to the top...
Quote from Cawwa :I hate prequalifying with hotlapping (well hotlapping in genearal), but if you have descided to run it like that there's no meaning to moan about it.
With over 100 drivers many are going to be dissapointed they are not allowed to race allthough me and others will practise a lot.
Is there a posibility to race with two servers? Top five in the second server will swap with the bottom five in the first server after each Round? I realise there will be problems how to count for the championship, but you guys find something clever out I'm sure ...

Bump ...
Quote from niels1 :Thanks for your answer. It isnt I debatting your rules it feels just a bit unfair to me thats it. I mean, I see the loyalty towards the top 15 from last year. Nothing wrong with that.

But my issue is with the first round starting JayBee hit the nail spot on and thats what I ment. Why do it have to be 15 ?.
I havent seen any serie in Virtual or real life were you are garanteed for next year season. Yes places 1, 2 and 3 but thats normally about it.

And loyalty should be rewarded off course but I just find the number 15 very high with only 30 grid places. Again your rules, nothing wrong but as it is a suggestion thread I would point it out.

I defitnly would like to see myself rubbing wheels with some big guns but its highly unlicky it will happen

Well actually nascar guarantees the top 35 in position for the next season.

I don't see a problem with this as it's an incentive for the veterans to return however, it will be hell for 115 to squeeze into 15 spots....
Seeing the meyhem caused by the non-shown of some of the locked in guys, I thought I'd come with the same idea than what I suggested a few weeks ago : why not creating a confirmation thread where every single locked in driver has to confirm their attendance in order to reserve their slot?

My point is, the current rule leaded in a big confusion tonight at round 1, as no one from 18th to 2nth of the shootout knew if they were going to make it to the main event in the end. This leaded in a reserve driver getting on track during quali without authorisation, and eventually being kicked. Because of that, 1 slot remained free for the main event, which is quite a shame when you know that more than 90 drivers were available in theory
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Seeing the meyhem caused by the non-shown of some of the locked in guys, I thought I'd come with the same idea than what I suggested a few weeks ago : why not creating a confirmation thread where every single locked in driver has to confirm their attendance in order to reserve their slot?

My point is, the current rule leaded in a big confusion tonight at round 1, as no one from 18th to 2nth of the shootout knew if they were going to make it to the main event in the end. This leaded in a reserve driver getting on track during quali without authorisation, and eventually being kicked. Because of that, 1 slot remained free for the main event, which is quite a shame when you know that more than 90 drivers were available in theory

We knew by being told directly who wasn't going to make it. I know a trick way or two to clear a server real quick...I think that's what caused the unauthorized guy on track. We talked to him about it after.

Got a couple weeks, I'll sort something out.

d
Here's a suggestion. When 12 + cars are flying off the track spinning, it's typically a good idea to throw a caution...

I thought it was bad in the race, then I watched the start of the boardcasts... /facepalm
no ballast. as good as the idea is and as fair as your trying to make the series, no driver can possibly win if he is carrying 42kg of weight on a track where u brake 3 times.

i dunno, thats just how i see it after the last race, it was so difficult to concentrate on your race because i was constantly watching my mirrors defending because id loose 10-15 car lengths down the straight.
Quote from lopino12 :no ballast. as good as the idea is and as fair as your trying to make the series, no driver can possibly win if he is carrying 42kg of weight on a track where u brake 3 times.

i dunno, thats just how i see it after the last race, it was so difficult to concentrate on your race because i was constantly watching my mirrors defending because id loose 10-15 car lengths down the straight.

Well you knew what you were getting yourself into when you signed up for the series.
If you change it, it will just become another boring series
The ballast idea ain't bad, its just alot at one time. The part I hate about ballast per race is that when you win race 2, you get 42kg then the top 6-10 is reversed and you lose positions plus you get weight added. It's quite unfair IMO.
Quote from lopino12 :no ballast. as good as the idea is and as fair as your trying to make the series, no driver can possibly win if he is carrying 42kg of weight on a track where u brake 3 times.

they can't have just one driver wipe the floor with the field.
a variety of winners is always good imo

Quote from PMD9409 :The ballast idea ain't bad, its just alot at one time. The part I hate about ballast per race is that when you win race 2, you get 42kg then the top 6-10 is reversed and you lose positions plus you get weight added. It's quite unfair IMO.

The way I see it is that some racing series are strictly after seeing who is the fastest driver/team over a racing season, while others focus more on keeping the racing close.

Most leagues are the former, and unless there are actually more than one closely matched entries then it's quite easy for one guy to win by a mile every time.

iTCC is more about the spectral, more about keeping the racing close. It heavily restricts an already easy car to drive, making it even easier to drive, it has 3 sprint races instead of one long race, and it has ballast and reverse grids. No series with success ballast or reverse grids are ever fair, and go against the "may the fastest car win, even if it's a boring race" mantra that is most racing leagues (Schumacher, anyone?).

Like others said, this is what you signed up for, and this is what iTCC is about. PMD did get a kick in the face when he got max ballast and started 10th, but that reverse/ballast stuff kept NickC from winning/podiuming all three races and taking a huge lead in the championship. I feel for Diaz, but it did it's job in regard to NickC (Not that I wanted to see you end up retiring Nick, you deserved a good points haul).
yeh i understand all this making it fair. and thats understanable, but maybe less weights just to bring the faster guys back towards the field making everyone the same speed instead of making the top 6, 1 second a lap slower.
Silly idea maybe, but what about switching to XRR for next season? FXR is just too easy to control and as far as i've driven in this series/watched replays, it could be a step forward in safety of other drivers, because it's not the kind of digital car (no throttle/full throttle).
Quote from kid222 :silly idea maybe, but what about switching to xrr for next season?:d fxr is just too easy to control and as far as i've driven in this series/watched replays, it could be a step forward in safety of other drivers, because it's not the kind of digital car (no throttle/full throttle).

+1
Quote from bigtime :here's a suggestion. When 12 + cars are flying off the track spinning, it's typically a good idea to throw a caution...

+1 !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG