The online racing simulator
Mystery gauge of uncertain function.
I've been wondering for a while now about what this gauge in the XRG does...

All it seems to do is wobble around at the top end of the register...
#2 - STF
Frames per second.
98.8 at the moment. Not bad ..
#5 - STF
Quote from AcesHigh :seriously?

Yes, perhaps it`s a reserved gauge for the future?
Limit fps at 50, 60, 20, whatever.. you`ll see for yourself.
Yep, there was a whole in the dash that needed filling with something. So there you are, and industry first, an analogue frame rate meter. Very retro.
#7 - pik_d
Quote from AcesHigh :seriously?

Yeah. I just tested it using the "limit in-game frame rate" thing and that gauge matches what's in the upper left.
i can hardly belive that\
cool
I can hardly believe that there are still people who've been around for several years and don't know that
wouldn't it make more sense to put in a broken gauge like the oil/water temp gauge already seen in other cars?
Quote from bunder9999 :wouldn't it make more sense to put in a broken gauge like the oil/water temp gauge already seen in other cars?

Why? if you can show a useful info (at least for someone using shift+F) why should you replace it by some useless thing?
#12 - senn
The oil pressure gauge works in the LX4, but iirc its not measuring oil press yet....i think it's linked to the tacho
Oil pressure IS linked to the tacho. Floor the gas pedal and pressure goes up and vice versa...
you dont get the FPS dial if the car has a turbo either, iirc
#15 - senn
Quote from hansonator69 :Oil pressure IS linked to the tacho. Floor the gas pedal and pressure goes up and vice versa...

Thanks i'll remember that next time i'm in my real car with an oil pressure gauge, not knowing how it works and all o_O

I was talking about LFS specifically, at this point in time.
Quote from senn :Thanks i'll remember that next time i'm in my real car with an oil pressure gauge, not knowing how it works and all o_O

I was talking about LFS specifically, at this point in time.

It doesn't affect anything in LFS, but it's just there. AFAIK LFS doesn't simulate excessive water and oil temps/pressures
#17 - senn
That was my original point.
LFS doesn't simulate the oil pressure at all - the current oil pressure gauge is just a copy of the tachometer. Sure one is linked to the other in reality, but it is not a 1:1 link. It's just there for fluff at the moment, and simply displaying the RPM again is something that looks vaguely correct without actually taking more than a few minutes development time to implement.
Quote from STF :Yes, perhaps it`s a reserved gauge for the future?
Limit fps at 50, 60, 20, whatever.. you`ll see for yourself.

It is however useless if your computer is constantly running 120 fps...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG