The online racing simulator
Quote from JackDaMaster :probably 8-10 laps max if your careful.

That doesn't quite make 15 minutes which is what we'd need to do a one stopper.
Quote from pik_d :I race on Fox Junkies A LOT, but yeah making R1s just barely last 5-7 minutes is worlds different than making them last two-three times that on some tracks. For Fox Junkies you can just do 3 hotlaps then back off a tiny bit on the last lap and you're fine. Wont have that luxury in this league.

Actually that's so true. I just ended up putting R2s on and pushing all the time
R1 is really not the way to go to create more excitement. two compounds - why not, for longer races. Other than that, its R2 territory.

A rather exaggerated analogy, would you enforce a leagueful of RL Formula Renault racers to race on knobbly tires, and watch them suffer? It's not worth it, and it kind of takes the joy out of racing.
Quote from Fuse5 :R1 is really not the way to go to create more excitement. two compounds - why not, for longer races. Other than that, its R2 territory.

A rather exaggerated analogy, would you enforce a leagueful of RL Formula Renault racers to race on knobbly tires, and watch them suffer? It's not worth it, and it kind of takes the joy out of racing.

The problem with this is that a lot of real leagues do enforce two tire compounds. Formula 1 does, IndyCar does (I'm pretty sure, I see "reds" and "blacks" on), and I'm sure others do as well.

The flip side of this is that in LFS there is not just one tire that is great for long races, there is only one tire that is useful at ALL in long races, R2s for FOXs and R3's for FO8s, BF1s, GTRs, etc. In F1 they seem to be able to make both tires last 15-20 laps without too many issues.
This thread are not have the sense, on OWRL B division last and this year we are have good races in fox with R1 tyres (bl1 , as3 ...) , , without any problems. If the set is good you may have litle problems on lap 6 or 7 with the heat on the tyres but after lap 10 the heat is gone and you can drive vith that tyres more 10 laps . just too dont spin on the track, if you spin than is game over.
You did BL1 on the FBM, not really applicable to BL1/FOX/R1s. AS3 I know can be done on R1s if you're good/smooth/(slow) enough, I saw a few people do that in R2F1. Some tracks you can, some you cant.
Some Question:

Hey Hey, I read the rules , but i am not good with reading rules, so i would like to clear some rules for my self by asking a couple questions:

1: Is it true that we are only allowed to use R1's in the race (so no switching too R2 in the pit)

2: Do we need too use R1's in the Quali

3: In the pm you havent been talking about a pit window, is this not there in the race or is it there.

4: do we need to change tyres / re-fuel in the pitstop

Sorry, i know it looks noobish to ask this question, but i found the rulesbook wierd becuase of the diffrent between an Oval Round and a Race track Round.

!!*I am asking this for the Oval Round*!!
1+2: Only R1s during all oval sessions including race and qualifying.
3: I haven't put the pit window into the mail, however it is going to be mentioned in the future.
4: tbc

You don't need to apologize for questions. For that reason there is this thread
If someone wondered why this trhead was locked for a short period of time... then well don't ask me
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
Quote from hyntty :It doesn't say that anywhere (at least we didn't find it in the rulebook) so it's going to be a tad hard to enforce...

It has worked in LFSCART (major) too actually.
VII. (Start Procedure) 4.: The Green Flag signal starts the race. Once the Green Flag is out,
overtaking is permitted.

XI. (Full-Course Caution) 5. a) (4): The green flag will be displayed when the Safety Car crosses the Safety Car line, signaling that it is in pitlane. Overtaking is prohibited until your car crosses the start/finish line.

Does the 2nd rule applie only for the race restart or also the start procedure? If not, I can pass immediately after the green flag will be displayed on the race start, right?
Quote from Rules, XI :At Road Circuits, pit lane will remain open when the Safety Car is deployed. The pitlane exit will close when the SC queue is passing the pit exit. Exiting a closed pit exit will result in a drive-through penalty to be taken after the restart.

Do we get a penalty for exiting a closed pit exit if we entered while it was still open?
The start procedure is different to the restart so that's why it has its own rules section, ie overtaking from green on the start.

Yes you will get a penalty because its the exit thats the big deal, not the entry. If it says pit exit closed, then dont exit, obviously.
Quote from JPeace :is there a stream tonight or ever?

There was one for last race and I guess we were too much of an embarrassment to warrent a stream again.
Quote from pik_d :There was one for last race and I guess we were too much of an embarrassment to warrent a stream again.

Nah, we just don't stream all of them. May stream the last two or one of them if we want.

d
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG