The online racing simulator
LFSCART Light Winter Series 2010 Frequently answered questions
Here is a thread where you can post your questions about the rulebook and everything concerning LFSCART Light Winter Series (LLWS). I will try to answer them as good as possible.

Quote :
You say maximum of 4 cars per team.

Does this mean that all 4 drivers can score points each race for a team or is it that only top 2 drivers score team points?

Please could you clarify

A team may enter 4 cars. 1.The LFSCART Light Winter Series Team championship title will be awarded to the team which scored the most points. However, only the best two finishers out of each team will score for the team championship.

E.g. Team Penske enters 3 cars (R.Briscoe, H.Castroneves, W.Power). W.Power wins the race, H.Castroneves is 10th R.Briscoe 15th, the 1st place of W.Power and the 10th place of H.Castroneves would count towards the Team's championship. If W.Power also got the Poleposition award, this point would also count to it. (In this case 71pts for Team Penske)
Is bump drafting allowed? (I guess not, but this needed to be pointed out)
No bump-drafting is not allowed.
#4 - pik_d
In the rules it says we need our names on the side of the car. Do you want Firstname Lastname or F.Lastname?
#5 - Fuse5
I suppose both are fine, and even the lastname only would be okay, i guess
yes, both is fine
#7 - pik_d
Thanks for the answers, and a few more questions:

1. During qualifying is drafting allowed? It hasn't specifically been disallowed in either the NDR Sporting Code or the LLWS Rulebook, but it's something that'll make a huge different at the ovals especially.

2. Do we have to take tires or fuel at the mandatory pit stop? Also what is the rule "a) Every competitor must run at least 2 green flag laps on the allowed tire compounds." attempting to stop? Are we meant to change tire compound during the race?
#8 - Dru
Yes,

I'd like to confirm point 2.

The rules say we have to run 2 green flag laps on allowed tires - does this mean we can run the rest of the race on illegal tires??

Seriously thou.

On NON-OVAL races do we have to use both R1 and R2 in a race?
Quote from pik_d :Thanks for the answers, and a few more questions:

1. During qualifying is drafting allowed? It hasn't specifically been disallowed in either the NDR Sporting Code or the LLWS Rulebook, but it's something that'll make a huge different at the ovals especially.

2. Do we have to take tires or fuel at the mandatory pit stop? Also what is the rule "a) Every competitor must run at least 2 green flag laps on the allowed tire compounds." attempting to stop? Are we meant to change tire compound during the race?

1. It will be impossible to draft on the ovals as we only allow one car on a hotlap at a time, as is our procedure for any oval race. A car gets one outlap, two timed hotlaps, and an inlap. The next car is called out by our automated system (it's a great app by burnsy1882) when the car currently on a run starts his first timed lap. I can change that though if I feel that it's too epically short or too epically long of a time between cars.

On road courses, we tend not to watch out for that so much, because, at least I consider it inevitable to an extent. I'll chat with Thilo about this to see if it's something that would be done or could be done, and maybe I will put it into the Sporting Code. I have some sporting code revisions in mind, I'm still pondering some...saving multiple ones for one time. They'll be out sometime sooner rather than later. I hope to update that within this month.

Quote from Dru :Yes,

I'd like to confirm point 2.

The rules say we have to run 2 green flag laps on allowed tires - does this mean we can run the rest of the race on illegal tires??

Seriously thou.

On NON-OVAL races do we have to use both R1 and R2 in a race?

If you run prohibited tyres in a race, you are forced to pit to change them. That stop generally doesn't get counted as your complusory stop.

And to answer Dru's question and point #2 from pik_d, You must run both allowed tyre compounds in a race. Each must be run for at least 2 green flag laps. You must change them during the race, not necessarily at your compulsory stop. If you think you're fast enough to do a 2-stopper, you can change them at either. But at some point, you must run both.

Even if pits say "Closed" there is no penalty levied by the system - you just MUST make one stop DURING the pit window from 25% to 75% distance. The system will just complain to you and to any admin that you exited a closed pit. We'll observe that, but generallly in these not need to take any action to that except note that "X Stop(s) made outside pit window" to use for checkign later in the race.

d
So we can make our 2nd pit stop at any time of the race (allowing for two green flag laps of course)?

In the oval races do we have to change tires? I did about 15 laps of KY1 on R1s and the tires get warm but dont seem to wear down much so I'm thinking they can last the whole race.
Quote :Why is this thread called "frequently answered questions?

Because the faster the faster.
Quote from pik_d :So we can make our 2nd pit stop at any time of the race (allowing for two green flag laps of course)?

You're only forced to do one pitstop in the window of 25-75% of the race distance. If you decide to do a second pitstop you can do it whenever you want.

Quote from pik_d :In the oval races do we have to change tires? I did about 15 laps of KY1 on R1s and the tires get warm but dont seem to wear down much so I'm thinking they can last the whole race.

You have to change the tyres, even on the oval.
Quote :When it says "Distance" by my name on the "to be confirmed" part of the pdf file, does that mean I haven't driven far enough?

When it says Distance, it means you have reached and fulfilled the distance criteria. If it says Oval Hotlap it means you have fulfilled the Oval hotlap requirement and when it says Road Hotlap it means you have fulfulled the Road Course hotlap requirement.
Hi are the any rules regarding pit entry exit and also using the inside tarmac aprons on the oval?
Quote from no_one :Hi are the any rules regarding pit entry exit and also using the inside tarmac aprons on the oval?

As per our usual, we'll stalk pit exit whenver someone makes a stop, and we usually don't enforce the entry.

The aprons in the turns are off limits, as well as any part that's still the pit exit lane. There are cones just inside the change from apron to banking that keeps cars in pits. Stay above that. We still prefer you not to go down there on the straights except to avoid an incident, but
Quote from dekojester :As per our usual, we'll stalk pit exit whenver someone makes a stop, and we usually don't enforce the entry.

The aprons in the turns are off limits, as well as any part that's still the pit exit lane. There are cones just inside the change from apron to banking that keeps cars in pits. Stay above that. We still prefer you not to go down there on the straights except to avoid an incident, but

OK thanks, I ask only about my pit entrance/exit laps. I was planning to use the apron on my pit entrance lap just on the last turn before the pit entrance. Then on the exit of pits I would stay on the tarmac apron until the exit of turn 1 when I should be nearly up to speed. I hope this is ok?
Quote from no_one :OK thanks, I ask only about my pit entrance/exit laps. I was planning to use the apron on my pit entrance lap just on the last turn before the pit entrance. Then on the exit of pits I would stay on the tarmac apron until the exit of turn 1 when I should be nearly up to speed. I hope this is ok?

You must do it that way on the oval...must be on the apron in the turns.

d
Use of R1s on road courses
I would like to open a discussion about this particular rule:

Quote :II. Technical regulations
1. The racing series shall be run on R1 or R2 tyres on all competing cars
during all rounds.

Quote from dekojester : Each must be run for at least 2 green flag laps.

Firstly, when you say "green flag laps" are outlaps and inlaps included in that? Do we have to do outlap-two full flying laps-inlap, or is outlap-inlap sufficient? I feel like I should know this, but I don't.

Secondly, and my main interest, is what other people think of this, have you tried running 15 minutes at race speed on R1s? I know the people who attended the Jamaica 130 race had to have (speaking of which, can I get a replay of that race?), but has anyone tested it out yet on the tracks on the LLWS calendar?

I've done a few, and I think AS2 and SO6 might work with R1s for quite a few laps (had to raise downforce on my SO6 set to keep the tires warm [as opposed to boiling]), the others I'm not so sure about, it might actually be quicker to make an extra pit stop. WE1R just has too many high-G turns and BL1 is well... most of the R2 sets I've tried have high-temp issues, not even gonna try with R1s.
Yes, outlaps and inlaps would be included. So it would be legal to pit at the end of the 2nd racing lap, or with 2 racing laps to go. [Although you'd have to do another pit stop because of the 15 min rule?]

As for the R1s, have a go on FM Junkies, altho the races are a bit shorter than 15 mins :/

From my experience [of being hellishly bad on tyres]:
WE1:
AS2: Should be alright, as long as you don't puncture the fronts braking for the last corner
FE3: Hmm, might be alright-ish
SO6: Should be fine - I mean, I can nearly make R1s last a 10 min race, so for you lot it will be fine
BL1: I have no idea, I wouldn't think it would be _that_ bad?

As for the extra pit stop - No idea!
AS2 is pretty heavy on tyres for me, (left front iirc)
FE3 is fine for R1s
such rule should make this cup supa intresting
We have 36 days left until road course racing starts... I will also do some test runs, and I will ask some people I know about doing test runs... If it is dumb, the rules will be tweaked... And if for the possibility of two pitstops being faster then 1... I have something about it in mind
Quote from J@tko :Yes, outlaps and inlaps would be included. So it would be legal to pit at the end of the 2nd racing lap, or with 2 racing laps to go. [Although you'd have to do another pit stop because of the 15 min rule?]

Thanks, that's quite a help for WE1R and BL1, gonna stick on R1s as short as possible with them.

Quote from J@tko :As for the R1s, have a go on FM Junkies, altho the races are a bit shorter than 15 mins :/

I race on Fox Junkies A LOT, but yeah making R1s just barely last 5-7 minutes is worlds different than making them last two-three times that on some tracks. For Fox Junkies you can just do 3 hotlaps then back off a tiny bit on the last lap and you're fine. Wont have that luxury in this league.

Quote from J@tko :From my experience [of being hellishly bad on tyres]:
WE1:
AS2: Should be alright, as long as you don't puncture the fronts braking for the last corner
FE3: Hmm, might be alright-ish
SO6: Should be fine - I mean, I can nearly make R1s last a 10 min race, so for you lot it will be fine
BL1: I have no idea, I wouldn't think it would be _that_ bad?

As for the extra pit stop - No idea!

Well BL1 was surprisingly bad on R2s for me, around lap 7-10 on most "good" sets given to me the inner 1/3rd of the tires would get about 110C (cherry red), I can't imagine R1s somehow being better.

Quote from JackDaMaster :FE3 is fine for R1s

For how many laps/minutes?

Quote from TFalke55 :We have 36 days left until road course racing starts... I will also do some test runs, and I will ask some people I know about doing test runs... If it is dumb, the rules will be tweaked... And if for the possibility of two pitstops being faster then 1... I have something about it in mind

Mandatory safety car period? Also I'll be more than happy to help with your test runs, I'm no alien but I find myself at the front at Fox Junkies more often than not.
Quote from pik_d :
For how many laps/minutes?

probably 8-10 laps max if your careful.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG