The online racing simulator
quick job nice... -> no holes in the NDR Even schedule
<- Watches this thread.......
Quote from danowat :<- Watches this thread.......

Why ? The stuff will be posted in other threads.

All of the stuff I'm posting has gone through Wilko, and he gave a to all so all complaints may in the end be directed to him.

d
I've just heard the races will be taking place at the weekends, so thats me out before its even started anyway!!!!
Quote from danowat :I've just heard the races will be taking place at the weekends, so thats me out before its even started anyway!!!!

If there end up being massive problems with the races being on Saturdays, we can amend that too.

Provisional schedules will be up shortly, and can be pondered for changes if needed.
No worries mate, I'll keep an eye on the doings
Saturdays? Pfft. I knew this would end up going tits up as soon as someone else started running it...
-
(hyntty) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup
The races have been moved to the Saturday slot simply because I do not have the time to run it during the week. I have a life outside of LFS (scary I know), and I'm sure most of you also have lives outside of the sim, but you just have to bear in mind that both my schedule and the rest of the teams schedules conflicts with any league races ran on a weekday. I'm sorry to anyone unable to race due to the Saturday races, but there is simply nothing I can do about it. Even if we wanted the races during the week (which I personally don't) we just couldn't do it.
Do you realise that the Westhill round on 20th Feb clashes with the DoP 24hr ?
Quote from Bean0 :Do you realise that the Westhill round on 20th Feb clashes with the DoP 24hr ?

No, no I don't realise. We'll iron that clash out as best we can.
-
-
(Wilko868) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup
-
-
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup
Just so y'all are aware, I will open the sign ups at around 6pm GMT tomorrow evening. At first, I will allow anyone to sign up for both the TBO Challenge and Road Sport Cup if they so wish, or only one event. If either event fills up to 32+ sign ups, I will (kindly ) ask drivers signed up for both series to drop one to let other competitors in the series, although thinking about it, I wouldn't worry too much about having to give up places in either series.

This is just to clarify you ARE permitted to run both the TBO Challenge AND the Road Sport Cup (any takers for double champion? :razz
Quote from Wilko868 :The races have been moved to the Saturday slot simply because I do not have the time to run it during the week. I have a life outside of LFS (scary I know), and I'm sure most of you also have lives outside of the sim, but you just have to bear in mind that both my schedule and the rest of the teams schedules conflicts with any league races ran on a weekday. I'm sorry to anyone unable to race due to the Saturday races, but there is simply nothing I can do about it. Even if we wanted the races during the week (which I personally don't) we just couldn't do it.

That's the exact reason i won't be racing on a Saturday, weekends are my (and 99% of the people i know) chance to be social.
I'm properly gutted that i won't be able to race in this series now, it's one of the main draws towards LFS for me.
I suppose i can rest easy in knowing, that the RSC that i loved, was dead and buried as soon as Danny decided to call it a day, i would have only been dissapointed during this new version
Quote from GFresh :That's the exact reason i won't be racing on a Saturday, weekends are my (and 99% of the people i know) chance to be social.
I'm properly gutted that i won't be able to race in this series now, it's one of the main draws towards LFS for me.
I suppose i can rest easy in knowing, that the RSC that i loved, was dead and buried as soon as Danny decided to call it a day, i would have only been dissapointed during this new version

Well as I say, I can't please everyone with dates and times.
Did you do a poll for the day change that i missed or something? we had a discussion about changing the day in a previous season and everyone was dead against it iirc...
Oh well, i'll just have to leave it.
Properly miffed...
Quote from GFresh :Did you do a poll for the day change that i missed or something? we had a discussion about changing the day in a previous season and everyone was dead against it iirc...
Oh well, i'll just have to leave it.
Properly miffed...

It's simply the circumstances that we have the ability to run the series under.
the thing is the whole adminteam is kind of only free on weekends... it's not just Wilko, J@tko, JOE53PHS, hyntty and myself have more or less busy weeks, weekends are something of more available to us... I'm sorry that it hits you that way Fresh, but if we keep it within the week we might run out of admins, I fear...
Meh, i suppose i could always start up a Classic RSC league to run on Thursdays, old skool rules. I might just put the feelers out and gauge for interest...
-
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup
-
(GFresh) DELETED by dekojester : thread cleanup
It's starting to sound like you have maybe taken on too many leagues to run and spread yourselves too thinly.

IIRC Dan agreed to NDR taking over the running with the caveat that it did not significantly change. Now that you have announced it with a major change of raceday you should expect some criticism.
Quote from Bean0 :It's starting to sound like you have maybe taken on too many leagues to run and spread yourselves too thinly.

I wouldn't say we've spread ourselves too thinly.. Since the merge with iCON we've now got 12 members. It's just that weekdays aren't really the best time for any of us.
Quote from GFresh :Meh, i suppose i could always start up a Classic RSC league to run on Thursdays, old skool rules. I might just put the feelers out and gauge for interest...

Win!

Why do we need a whole admin team being around anyway?

The previous seasons were all fine and there was no one watching over us. It was just Dan went over anything unusual or a protest afterwards. The league was relaxed and laid back and I'm under the impression that it all might be lost under new reigns.
Well, I don't know what Chris/ Deko promised anyone. If he/they /whoever promised you two to run a league with the exact same rules on the same day you should have said "This is not what we agreed, please go **** yourself/selves."

Otherwise I'm not the one being a prick. No sensible person would ever start whining in some league subforum that it's ruined because it doesn't suit his schedule.

Besides, fighting over something this nontrivial is stupid. Anyone can run an event like he desires, whenever he desires. Here the only thing you are supposedly passing along is a name. Quite frankly I don't understand at all why there had to be such a fuss about it, on both sides.
Quote from Bean0 :It's starting to sound like you have maybe taken on too many leagues to run and spread yourselves too thinly.

IIRC Dan agreed to NDR taking over the running with the caveat that it did not significantly change. Now that you have announced it with a major change of raceday you should expect some criticism.

Indeed, it shouldn't take the entire NDR team to run an event, there's no safety car, the entire admin involvement should be to be start and monitor the sessions.

The schedule is basically just the spare weekends after considering MoE, GTAL, DoP, the Kyoto 250, and starting in February I assume, IGTC. All on Saturdays. Leaves it feeling like an unimportant piece of crap that no one else bothered to admin so NDR felt that they had to. Quality not quantity please.

And yes, I liked the previous TBOC, it felt amateurish but not that untoward, also fun with the Race and Rally UK-style broadcast and relaxed for me the noob. The RSC seemed like a easy going series as well, something I would've liked to try.
Alright, folks: Here's the deal:

1) I'm going to edit out the attacking/useless/trolling/abusive/senseless parts of posts to clean this thread up. It does neither NDR or CR|'s reputations any good to leave that up. If you want to argue and sling words, do it without polluting this forum.

2) I'm going to submit 3 options to Wilko to decide what to do with Road Sport Cup. We'll discuss them and decide what can be worked on. It will involve keeping things as the plan is now (with schedule mods to sort conflicts), finding a way to run it on Thursdays (or any other day), or simply not running it.

3) The plan for this is not to have 5 admins present...the hope was to have one person to watch things to make sure it's all clean and green and work the commands and answer any questions, and have someone to help with a broadcast...just having a broadcast doesn't make it high profile, it just enables the racers to have a way to watch their race after and is something special for fun, and lets people who like to watch good quality racing watch good quality racing without having to get the mpr or use remote.

Several people here seemed to have overreacted...can we please take time to not post with rage and other abusive remarks or not going into "disaster it's all ruined" mode please in future, it saves time and stress to certain people who try to keep these things clean.

We'll work to make sure that these things get sorted to the best to the majority.
While it is dissapointing that the series "may" be run at the weekend, in reality nobody "owns" the rights to either the series name, or the idea of running a series featuring the cars.

Although I would be dissapointed if the series continued at the weekend using the current series name, I have no power, or will to stop it, but all I will say is, in the contact I had with NDR prior to this, I had stated I had no problem with anyone taking on the series, however, I wanted the series to remain "as it was", and moving the races to the weekend is clearly a large change.

Personally, I can see an amicable solution.

NDR continues to run their season, as they want to run it, but as an honourable jesture, they rename it to something else.

Not only would this enable NDR to run their champoinship as they see fit, it also enables the RSC to be run, maybe by someone else, maybe by me, in the exact manner it was run in the past.

I have no desire to get into an "politics" over this though.
Quote from danowat :

Personally, I can see an amicable solution.

NDR continues to run their season, as they want to run it, but as an honourable jesture, they rename it to something else.

Not only would this enable NDR to run their champoinship as they see fit, it also enables the RSC to be run, maybe by someone else, maybe by me, in the exact manner it was run in the past.

Me, being the guy that whines from CR, thinks this is a win
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG