The online racing simulator
turn lights, and sound?
(20 posts, started )
turn lights, and sound?
i have setup turn lights on 2 buttons in my g25, but i would like to have also the sound "tac tac tac tac" like in a real car, is it possible?
hmmmm.....im not quite sure but i think its there just not audible enought. im not verry smart when it comes to this stuff. but there should be a sound file that you can open up in audacity or some other audio editing software and amplify the sound =)
Quote from shane-0-matic : there should be a sound file that you can open up in audacity or some other audio editing software and amplify the sound =)

i haven't found that file in the sound folder. maybe is it possible with script to launch a sound file?
in this case has anyone a sound for turn lights?
#4 - Nicce
Quote from oppolo :i haven't found that file in the sound folder. maybe is it possible with script to launch a sound file?
in this case has anyone a sound for turn lights?

if u use the CSR it will have the beep sound on hazards, turnlight etc..

however it was the first sound i turned OFF..

..... it..
Quote from Nicce :if u use the CSR it will have the beep sound on hazards, turnlight etc..

however it was the first sound i turned OFF..

..... it..

CSR?
I'm bumping this thread just because in the recent test patches there are some tiny improvements in the indicators, so it would be good to implement also the clicking sounds to LFS.
Quote from Flame CZE :so it would be good to implement the clicking sounds to LFS.

++ for the road cars, i couldn't imagine the gtr's adding the weight of the gizmos that make the sound work.

on the other hand, the gtr's do have working turn signals... i would have never imagined that either... maybe the 4-ways, but not actual left/right signals.
#8 - amp88
Quote from bunder9999 :++ for the road cars, i couldn't imagine the gtr's adding the weight of the gizmos that make the sound work.

on the other hand, the gtr's do have working turn signals... i would have never imagined that either... maybe the 4-ways, but not actual left/right signals.

I've seen the indicators (turn signals) being used in a few touring car series in the past (e.g. BTCC and V8 Supercars) to indicate which side a driver should lap on or to indicate the driver is going into the pitlane. I wouldn't be surprised if some GTR drivers used them for the same things. I don't imagine they would actually make the tic-toc sound to warn the driver they were on though.
That ticking sound isn't to indicate that they are on, thats the sound of the flasher unit turning on and off.

Most cars it will be audible in the passenger cabin because the flasher box, which isn't a standard relay and may be a round unit in some cars, is in the interior fuse panel.

The flasher unit is also based on the resistance in the turn signal system, so if a bulb goes out it will flash faster, which is a perfect indication that a bulb is out.

If a GTR has turn signals or even just 4-ways it's garanteed it will have a flasher unit, and thus it will have the ticking sound. The unit is so small it's not even a consideration for weight savings either.
with outgauge this wold be such an easy thing to make i think.

it might even be able to be incorperated with lfsdash, and lfsdash clone

if anybody knows anything about visual basic then maybe you should make something real quick
DragonCommando, nowadays it is to indicate they are on, or rather, there are additional signals to do so. Some cars, Peugot 206 and Fiat Ducato to name two I know of, even come with a beeper to simulate the clicking because their relays don't click. It's mindblowingly annoying IMHO, I much prefer the real click clack

Quote from logitekg25 :with outgauge this wold be such an easy thing to make i think.

it might even be able to be incorperated with lfsdash, and lfsdash clone

if anybody knows anything about visual basic then maybe you should make something real quick

CSR already does it, click me.
Quote from morpha :DragonCommando, nowadays it is to indicate they are on, or rather, there are additional signals to do so. Some cars, Peugot 206 and Fiat Ducato to name two I know of, even come with a beeper to simulate the clicking because their relays don't click. It's mindblowingly annoying IMHO, I much prefer the real click clack

CSR already does it, click me.

download?
Clicky clicky, but the V10 pushrod in the video is not included
Quote from oppolo :CSR?

CSR = LFS Car Sound Remixer, you can find it on LFS Forum, just search "LFS Car Sound Remixer".
Does anybody know, where I can find this ''i have setup turn lights on 2 buttons in my g25''? I searched for it, but I can't found it, thank you.
in controls, under options.....if you go into either control or alt, you say for one of the to press things, type exactly '/press 7' and for wheel button set it to whatever you want, this will be left turn signal. then on another '/press 8' this will be right, '/press 9' will be 4 way, and '/press 0' will be off.
Quote from logitekg25 :in controls, under options.....if you go into either control or alt, you say for one of the to press things, type exactly '/press 7' and for wheel button set it to whatever you want, this will be left turn signal. then on another '/press 8' this will be right, '/press 9' will be 4 way, and '/press 0' will be off.

Thank you very much
I have a question about it, I did what you say, but if I do for example: alt + f5= '/press 9' steerbottom: 16. If I press 16 on my steeringwheel I see '/press 9 ' as message.;O
that happens if you have the chat window open, if you have it without a chat box, then you will not see it
Thank you, its working now

turn lights, and sound?
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG