The online racing simulator
Game glitch in multiplayer mode.
(5 posts, started )
Even since the U patch I have had a strange issue while in multiplayer mode.

I can join a server (my LAN, most of time), either as a spectator or competitor and roughly every 3 seconds the game will freeze for a 1 second and other cars will diaplay the LAG message. This issue will continue as long as I'm connected. When I run a single player game, no such issue. The only way to fix it at the moment is to keep restarting the PC, not just LFS until it works.

I have attempted the fix this glitch by turning off ALL the background tasks I could find, so it's not XP at fault.

Just to clarify, the glitch only happens on multiplayer games and yes I have tested it with only me connected. I also checked the networking section in task manager and did not see any spikes in network traffic.

It has to LFS causing this. Is there anything I can install to monitor the network traffic within LFS?
First off ensure DNS caching isn't enabled in your services list, especially if you are a hosts file user, (right click my computer and goto manage, click services section). This is stereotypical of a DNS caching error under 2000/XP, although it's peculiar it only manifests in LFS.

The fast you need to restart the computer after it occurs suggests that it is something other than the lfs.exe at fault, you could try reinstalling your network card drivers.

Failing that, the obvious question I know, but have you tried downloading the full game again and trying a vanilla install ?
Shift + F8 for network debug.
Becky,

Thank you for the suggestion about DNS caching. No I have not installed the game from scratch.

Moonclaw,

Nice one. I will check that if the problem comes back.

Thank you both.

So it happened again, but this time at least I got a screenshot that might help.

Good new is, it seems to be working fine with a different n/w card.

Thanks again for your help.
Attached images
networkerrorlog.jpg

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG