The online racing simulator
2009 Dakar Rally
(25 posts, started )
#1 - J@tko
2009 Dakar Rally
What the hell does America have to do with Dakar? That's sillyillepall
Better than having no rally at all. After the lame-ass stunt by the terrorists, there would be every year concerns about cancellation...

There are dunes in Las Pampas?
I think the ASO, or however the organisation behind Dakar & Tour de France is called, plans to do a Dakar Series, a Series for Endu Rallys. First stop shall be Hungaria and Romania this year (hope I spelled it right)

there is my source, but it is in German
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... hon-rallye-fruehjahr.html
maybe if we eat enough beef we can turn the rainforest in sa into a proper desert to get our dakar back
is this true? omg, south america doesn't have desert if know well... what an idea, i think this isn't good!
Question is, can it fit a 9,000 mile loop?

At least they might still have Dakar, that's all i want.
it's canceled because...
damn, those ****ing territorial terrorist sons of bitches won!
Quote from deggis :There are dunes in Las Pampas?

No dunes in La Pampa, there is only soft hills, plains and lots of crops and cattle, I really don't know why the rally is starting in Buenos Aires, there is nothing to rally there, poor drivers they'll get pretty bored driving for about 800 km (500 miles) untill they find something interesting, it would be better if they started in La Patagonia, to be more exact in Peninsula de Valdes (42°26'56.32"S 63°38'39.87"O) and from there go through La Patagonia to the desert of Atacama in Chile and then go back to Buenos Aires passing through Cordoba.

Well, they surely must have a reason to do it the way it was anounced, I only hope that it's for the best.
Western Africa with it's rebels and gangs is a too dangerous place. I think, even if some are ready to sacrifice their health to win, a race isn´t worth sacrificing one´s life.

Though I´m not as charmed with rally raids as I used to be. Though it is possible to crash or get lost, much depends on the readiness to damage own´s health or even suicide, and team backing (i.e. the number of mechanics and spare parts).

Initially the idea came to Thierry Sabine after he got lost in the desert. I think, instead of an ultra-long marathon with very long stages they´d better make a long auto-orienteering in the desert, with GPS used only as a black-box or in case of emergency (and to draw cars' paths for TV coverage). That would have been more drivers and navigators competition than of cars and mechanics.
#16 - 5haz
If it's still an epically long race through stunning lanscapes and extreme conditions, then thers no problem at all, infact, South America will probrably be more spectacular than anything North africa can come up with.
Epic Bumpage!

Anyone following 2010 Dakar?
Yesssss sir!
Dakar 2010 - Live Tracking / Results
Who says they don't have dunes they look pretty huge to me.
#23 - senn
Todays a rest day isn't it?
Yesterday i think.
Hope Luca Manca recovers.

He is still in a coma.

2009 Dakar Rally
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG