The online racing simulator
Button to get MBE
(38 posts, started )
Quote from trebor901 :i always find it funny how UK is full of twats that moan when we dont have a british champion in something and as soon as we do they run them into the ground with stupid remarks about them not deserving it. Would you think the same if you'd worked for years and years to win something? no didnt think so

Hmm, I just read my posts again and can't seem to find where I said that Button (or Hamilton or Hill for that matter) didn't deserve to be Formula 1 World Champions.

I always find it funny how the UK is full of twats that try and put words into your mouth.
Quote from sinbad :Not much point in singling out Button then is there

Fair comment.

Apologies if it came across that way. My intention wasn't to single him out, more to cite him as a recent example.
Quote from dungbeetle :Hmm, I just read my posts again and can't seem to find where I said that Button (or Hamilton or Hill for that matter) didn't deserve to be Formula 1 World Champions.

I always find it funny how the UK is full of twats that try and put words into your mouth.

where in my post did i say i was talking to you? what makes you so special that u think i was talking to you in particular.
I think he should
I think an MBE for sport is fine but to get knighted, thats a step to far really.
the one person in sport that deserves a knighthood is Ross Brawn. He's been given an OBE so at least he's being recognised.
The honours list these days is pretty much just a mention of popularity. 50 years ago the list was much shorter and contained mainly people who had done something noteworthy over a protracted period of time. These days those people are still on there but they also bung on a load of people who are famous and recently did something big because they need the PR.
Quote from trebor901 :the one person in sport that deserves a knighthood is Ross Brawn. He's been given an OBE so at least he's being recognised.

OK, it's confession time.

When it comes to Ross Brawn, I see exactly what you're saying. He has done some fantastic things in motor sport. His success with Ferrari was one thing, but what he managed to achieve with Brawn last season was simply amazing and he seemed to do it all with such humility.

I guess that what he has achieved could easily be described as wonderful source of inspiration to others, which alone would justify the receiving of an Honour.

Dunno - maybe the 'official' criteria for receiving Honours need to be broadened a bit in order to move with the times, as sports and entertainment are now so prevalent in people's lives?

Oh dear, it now appears I have double standards. :worried:
Quote from dungbeetle :
Oh dear, it now appears I have double standards. :worried:

have you considered a move into politics ?
If you have ANY standards, you can't be in politics.
Quote from tinvek :have you considered a move into politics ?

No fear, bro - those guys are waaay outa my league!
Quote from dungbeetle :... unless you're just a lowly racing driver, then I think you should only get a flash.

OT: who would want to see an old woman's knockers anyways? eugh.

Button to get MBE
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG