The online racing simulator
MechWarrior: LIving Legends Beta on 26th?!?!
#2 - RiCiN
Oh, it's real.

http://mechlivinglegends.net/
Quote :
Wandering Samurai proudly presents: MechWarrior: Living Legends Beta

Written by AoP - Wednesday, 23 December 2009

After more than 3 years of blood, sweat and beers, of failure and success, of missed sleep and neglected personal hygiene, the time has finally come to share our work with the world. Yes, Wandering Samurai is proud to present MechWarrior: Living Legends and would like to invite the world to participate in our open beta program which will start on December 26th 2009.

comments on the video are saying it's a crysis mod... if that's the case, does that mean that only a select few will be able to run it? (ie: those rich ass buggers who spend $3000 on a c2q with 8 gigs of ram, and tri-SLI...)
you dont need 3k . My i7920 and 5850 run crysis quite well. and crysis doesnt really need 4 cores. it does fine w/ 2
#5 - RiCiN
Yup, it is a Crysis total conversion. You don't really need all that much to run Crysis now. My machine isn't anything special and it plays the game just fine. When the game first came out, you had to spend more than the average person to get the hardware required, but now that same hardware is far cheaper.
Oooo so how is the beta feeling? Downloading 1.44 Gb takes forever thru my hose.
Quote from bunder9999 :comments on the video are saying it's a crysis mod... if that's the case, does that mean that only a select few will be able to run it? (ie: those rich ass buggers who spend $3000 on a c2q with 8 gigs of ram, and tri-SLI...)

Quad Core 3.0
4GB Ram
XFX 275 GTX
$1200

Crysis runs smoothly in 1280x1024 in max settings.
ah, so this is an unofficial Mechwarrior?
There's a new one coming..
yeah yeah this is unnofficial, but people from the mechwarrior development team helped out with this mod, and it's actually pretty awesome. it has more features than any of the previous mechwarrior games i've played. w/ the graphics of crysis. I've already had a few awesome battle moments I just get so sucked in the game, i forget to press record on FRAPS.

The official game is supposed to use the unreal engine :/ i dont know if that engine can look as good as crysis unless its some next-gen unreal engine.
Wait this is am mod so im going to need to instal crysis again ??

For **** sake i hated crysis so much in uninstalled it ages ago.
I may have even sold it already.
No, it's a standalone mod

Of course you need to install Crysis to run it - it's a Crysis mod.
ugh, everytime i start to getinto the game or amass some decent money, the game crashes -_-
I take it this is multiplayer only?

Is there any way I can just jump in and have a stomp about on my own without having to piss about creating an online account?
game's great online and totally worth the 30 seconds to create an online acct if you havent already. I just had a few krazy battles on clearcut. game didnt crash on me so i got a chance to amass a large amnt of money and buy pretty much whatever mech i wanted.
Crysis: Maximum edition is 13.95 on steam. now is the time to buy if you are a mechwarrior fan. The full mod is gonna be moved to warhead, but the current beta is on the original crysis.
It's on crysis wars now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG