The online racing simulator
mIRC question
(23 posts, started )
mIRC question
Hi,
don't know if there's already a thread like this, but just wanted to ask whether I should register mIRC or not.

I always get the message that my test version period is over and that I should register it.

So my question is: Where did you all register your IRC version?

Please don't flame me too hard

Regards, Timo
If you're using mIRC you can buy a licence from mirc.com.

There are other IRC clients out there don't require registration.
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you're using mIRC you can buy a licence from mirc.com.

There are other IRC clients out there don't require registration.

THX for the fast answer.

Could you please give me any links maybe for those other clients?

Greetings, Timo
I use HydraIRC. Looks nice with some of the default panels turned off and a green-on-black colour scheme
Quote from the_angry_angel :There are other IRC clients out there don't require registration.

mIRC doesn't really require it either.

You just have to wait for 5 seconds every time you start it until you can join a server.
Quote from zeugnimod :You just have to wait for 5 seconds every time you start it until you can join a server.

No, but given that Khaled ha(s|d) worked on mIRC since 96 I think he deserves a little payment tbh :P

mIRC was the first IRC client I ever used and although I didnt use it when I bought a licence, I still got one. Thanks to him and little game called planetarion I've met a great number of very interesting people, a small subset which I now get to call good friends

If he's done the same for you then I encourage you to throw a little cash in his direction.
Damn.

People still use mIRC?
Quote from the_angry_angel :If he's done the same for you then I encourage you to throw a little cash in his direction.

Ok, I will pay the next time I have any spare money.

Quote from DevilDare :Damn.

People still use mIRC?

Sure, why not?
I use Miranda.
I used mIRC too back in the days when we had to connect with 14400 Baud to the Internet. Today I don´t chat that much and the Opera built in Client is enough for me. I think I´m getting old
ok guys thanks for your suggestions

I'll try one of the other clients you posted
Quote from DevilDare :Damn.

People still use mIRC?

IRC is how real men chat All the others use MSN or some other IM crap
Well IRC has slightly died over the years... and had stopped using it until recently found a nice server without idiots
Join #liveforspeed on irc.gamesurge.net.

Many friendly people on there (and weird ones).
Quote from rich uk :Join #liveforspeed on irc.gamesurge.net.

Of all the channels I'm on that's actually the one I rarely ever pay attention to Most of the stuff going on there doesn't interest me in the slightest Maybe I just always check in at the wrong times but there don't seem to be a lot of genuinely interesting discussions going on
Quote from obsolum :Of all the channels I'm on that's actually the one I rarely ever pay attention to Most of the stuff going on there doesn't interest me in the slightest Maybe I just always check in at the wrong times but there don't seem to be a lot of genuinely interesting discussions going on

You should have a chat with Nakki.
Alright, I've got a question, too. Today I finally succumbed to mIRC's "nagging" for me to register and since I get 50% off I thought why not. But on the register page it asks me for my phone number and my street address. Why on earth do I have to give that information to register an IRC client?

So my question is: can I just enter nonsense in those fields, or does he actually require my street address for some reason?
Quote from Shadowww :Use this: http://www.silverex.org/news/

I have used X-Chat for a while before I installed mIRC + nnscript. That doesn't answer my question

EDIT: nevermind, just registered filling in nonsense.
Quote from Timo1992 :Hi,
don't know if there's already a thread like this, but just wanted to ask whether I should register mIRC or not.

I always get the message that my test version period is over and that I should register it.

So my question is: Where did you all register your IRC version?

Please don't flame me too hard

Regards, Timo

I bought it after having used it for a year or so. Khaled deserves a reward for his work, imho.
Quote from rich uk :Join #liveforspeed on irc.gamesurge.net.

Quote from Blas89 :You should have a chat with Nakki.

Or don't. He has his special moments.
-
(aobrien) DELETED by aobrien

mIRC question
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG