The online racing simulator
Recommend me a Laptop
(13 posts, started )
Recommend me a Laptop
I'm looking for a used lapy with good enuf onboard graphics to run bf2 & LFS of course on low/med settings.

I have heard that ati x1400 mobile chip is capable & also the 7300m & 8200m nvidia mobile offerings where can i find a list of compatible laptops?
Get a Thinkpad T400.
Sorry no can do. with time running out fast, my choices are:
  1. Lattitude D610
  2. Thinkpad T42/T43
  3. Presario v4000
  4. HP ZV6000
needs to be good @ browsing & gaming with good connectivity.

what do you reckon?
Quote from anttt69 :I'm looking for a used lapy with good enuf onboard graphics to run bf2 & LFS of course on low/med settings.

I have heard that ati x1400 mobile chip is capable & also the 7300m & 8200m nvidia mobile offerings where can i find a list of compatible laptops?

Ebuyer are doing the Acer Extensa 5630EZ with Pentium T4300 2.1Ghz dual core and 2Gb RAM. Only 160GB hard disk but that isn't a problem for most people. It was available for only £329.99 but I couldn't see it when I just checked.

Alternatively have a look at this site:

www.laptops-for-sale.co.uk

If you see something you like then maybe we can do a deal for a fellow LFSer.

We also have some new stock coming in from China in the new year which should enable us to offer extremely competitive prices.
Stay away from Thinkpad T42 or T43, they are garbage laptops. Pentium M at best, old and slow technology.
thanks for the offer GF but those were a little over my budget.
Quote from anttt69 :thanks for the offer GF but those were a little over my budget.

If I come across a half decent second hand machine I'll let you know.
GF, could you let me know too? .
Quote from shaun463 :GF, could you let me know too? .

Will do. Hoping to have something landed in the next two weeks.

James
Buyin S/H computers is dodgy enough. S/H Laptops? I wouldn't go near one unless I knew the person selling personally and knew the history of the Laptop. Doesn't take much in the way of mistreatment to break a Laptop. At the very least you should get your hands on it to check it out, before handing over any money.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Gentlefoot :Ebuyer are doing the Acer Extensa 5630EZ with Pentium T4300 2.1Ghz dual core and 2Gb RAM. Only 160GB hard disk but that isn't a problem for most people. It was available for only £329.99 but I couldn't see it when I just checked.

Alternatively have a look at this site:

www.laptops-for-sale.co.uk

If you see something you like then maybe we can do a deal for a fellow LFSer.

We also have some new stock coming in from China in the new year which should enable us to offer extremely competitive prices.

No offence but those prices are really really bad - the Compaq 110C you can get for £179.99 in CPW stores (£120 less than you have it for). The CQ61 can be had for £30 less in PCW / Curry's and has a Intel Pentium T4300 rather than the Celeron, and more RAM / bigger HDD...
Quote from Jakg :No offence but those prices are really really bad - the Compaq 110C you can get for £179.99 in CPW stores (£120 less than you have it for). The CQ61 can be had for £30 less in PCW / Curry's and has a Intel Pentium T4300 rather than the Celeron, and more RAM / bigger HDD...

No offence taken. That's why I said I could do a deal for LFSers.

Obviously I cannot compete on price with the likes of PC World and Curry's and I don't try. People buy from me for the expert advice and post sales services I offer, not because of the prices.

Having said that in a week or two I should be bringing some new suppliers on line which should bring my prices close to that of the big retailers.
Quote from gezmoor :Buyin S/H computers is dodgy enough. S/H Laptops? I wouldn't go near one unless I knew the person selling personally and knew the history of the Laptop. Doesn't take much in the way of mistreatment to break a Laptop. At the very least you should get your hands on it to check it out, before handing over any money.

If you buy a second hand laptop from us we offer a free 6 month warranty.

Recommend me a Laptop
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG